All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Is he a platoon hitter now? It's staggering how bad things have gone for him so far. I had him very cheap in a keeper contracts league and chose to only give one year after much deliberating, as he tailed off last year. Boy am I glad I didn't give him a long contract, someone in a twin league to mine gave him a 3 year deal in the same situation... As a result I'm getting a very ichy trigger finger and pretty much ready to pull the plug on this guy. Finding emerging hitters like H Dozier are making the decision easier too.
  3. I think most people expected some kind of growth or improvement as he ages into his "prime" years... as someone that has owned him the last 3 seasons, I'm not too upset about missing out on him this year.
  4. It’s also funny that 9 times out of ten that someone in that committee becomes the primary closer.
  5. Because it becomes one guy more often than not and many owners don't have the flexibility to spend multiple roster spots speculating on a team's closer.
  6. Give this guy a full time gig until he proves you wrong... I mean what else do you need to see... play the hot hand....why are these coaches so stupid?
  7. Still kind of think we're looking at Neil Walker here. Maybe his hit tool has improved and he'll k a lot less. Neil Walker isn't a bum either, he's been in the majors for 10 years.
  8. April 24 chance adams (24 y/o), P, triple-A scranton (NYY) 6IP, 3H, 1BB, 9K albert abreu (23 y/o), P, double-A trenton (NYY) 4IP, 8H, 6ER, 2BB, 5K hans crouse (20 y/o), P, single-A hickory (TEX) 6IP, 6H, 1ER, 3BB, 4K sean reid-foley (23 y/o), P, triple-A buffalo (TOR) 4.2IP, 4H, 4ER, 5BB, 7K
  9. It’s funny, when a manager comes out and says he is going with closer-by-committee approach everyone in here STILL tries to pick ONE guy.
  10. Are the owners in my leagues hasty in dropping Barnes or are they smartly proactive?
  11. Tough matchup tonight for the fourth best SP in baseball. Let's go.
  12. April 24 luis urias (21 y/o), 2b, triple-A el paso (SD) 3-for-5, 2-3B, 3R, RBI, BB, K bobby bradley (22 y/o), 1b, triple-A columbus (CLE) 3-for-4, HR, 2B, 2R, RBI, K kyle lewis (23 y/o), OF, double-A arkansas (SEA) 3-for-5, 2B, R, K pavin smith (23 y/o), 1b, double-A jackson (AZ) 3-for-5, HR, R, 3RBI, SB nick madrigal (22 y/o), 2b, high single-A winston-salem (CHW) 1-for-2, 2B, R, 2RBI, 3BB, SB josh naylor (21 y/o), 1B, triple-A el paso (SD) 2-for-4, HR, 4R, 3RBI, 2BB
  13. He wasn't already owned......................??? I'd be stashing him from day 1 in a 2 team redraft league.
  14. Buttrey was brought in last night in a situation that would back up the thought that he's the preferred fireman. They entered the 7th up 5-2 but things got hairy quickly after the bases were loaded and a run walked in by Garcia. Buttrey was then brought in to get them out of that jam but gave up a sac fly and another run on a fielder's choice. Im not saying he won't get any save chances but right now it looks like he's not the guy to speculate on.
  15. 16 team H2H points dynasty.Deep rosters(40 man) Currently have Jansen as my C but has been struggling.Would Zunino or Barnes(2b elg as well)Be a better bet,or stay patient with Jansen?Its a dynasty but Im more concerned with this season. Thanks!
  16. Today
  17. First 1 inning start coming tomorrow. At least this info was released ahead of time so those of us in start cap leagues can adjust accordingly.
  18. Hasn’t started this week yet either, frustrating. Hopefully he can stay hot when he does return to the lineup.
  19. to think this monster has 10 hr while facing zero lefties essentially.
  20. I have Nola, Smith and Castillo. Good luck today gents.
  21. Nah not yet. that's why most of us got him( 250 ish and 25+ homers). He did similar with fewer at bats last year. Im guessing most needed a Scooter Gennett fill in. We could argue this is his BA normalizing after the unsustainable start. He was playing out of his mind the first two weeks. He's for sure a bench until he heats up again. But not many 2nd baseman on potent offenses like the Dodgers hanging on the wire. If you have real needs at other positions then I get cutting him but this is his first 2 week slump. Give him a bit more time. I could see if it lasts a month then you should def cut.
  22. Why are you using logic? That's not allowed here. People can call a pitcher a "fireman", though no one seems to know what that means. Most "fireman" seem to pitch in the sixth innning against a team's back-up catcher cause it's "high leverage"
  23. I'd drop Franco - Vlad will be an immediate upgrade over him. I'd rather hold the pitchers you have, than drop any of them. Also, I still want to see what McMahon and Vogelbach have to offer ROS and they are both good backup 1B while Votto is struggling. Would hate it if I dropped them and they suddenly went off. I have no fear that Franco will do that, he of the 29.1% soft contact%, a career high. (League avg is 17.4.)
  24. It’s a nice story,but I’d honestly leave it alone. Just thank the guy privately. Right now,it’s a friendly correction for an unlucky fluke. Any further charity makes it unfair for the other owners,some of which are kids.
  1. Load more activity