All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. In a 10 team, I would cut Piscotty. Good luck. Help with mine?
  3. Someone laughed in one of my leagues too but I defended the addition. Not many people are looking for "this year's Anibal Sanchez," a Veteran who has been thought of as completely done, but throws various pitches, and is trying to use a change in pitch-mix (anti-Fastball brigade) to improve results.
  4. Standard 10-team A. Rosario B. Buxton Y. Diaz S. Piscotty
  5. If it is Peter Alonso, I would stay with him. He is the real deal (I may be biased since I am a Met fan though)... As far as the second one, I may just stay put on that, unless you can get Nola in there somehow. Good luck! Help with mine?
  6. So when I woke up this morning I saw someone in one of my leagues added Homer Bailey. I laughed for a bit, then laughed some more, then since I had the day off went to his Fangraphs page to see why someone could've possibly added him. He hasn't been fantasy relevant (aside from stacking hitters against him in DFS) in several years and even in his peak he was only an SP3/SP4 type. But through 4 starts this year he's pitching to a 10.57k/9, 2.74bb/9, 3.36FIP, and 3.45xFIP. His fastball velo remains in line with the past 3 lousy years at 93.8, but his swinging strike rate has increased from 8.8% to 11.5%. He's now pitching in a pretty good home park, backed by a good defense, and in the worst hitting division in baseball. The biggest change I see is he is now throwing his splitter 26.6% of the time, up from 15.9% last year. His splitter is generating whiffs 25.5% of the time. I say this with great trepidation, but maybe he becomes fantasy viable again this year as an SP6/SP7 type now that he's healthy and out of GABP.
  7. Have to agree with your choices of drops at this point, although I may just cut bait on Darvish here. I own him in one of my leagues (an NL) and am close. Good luck! Help with mine?
  8. For someone who doesn't sniff a top 10 list, I think he's a guy you're going to want to take a look at in fantasy. Great power, I believe he hit over 30 HR in 2017, last year he was suspended for PEDs for the first half of the year, but when he was finally back he mashed just as well if not even more impressive because it was the first time at AAA at the time. With Pedroia on the DL, they are looking for a 2b, and Chavis could be it. He has 30 HR upside in the Red Sox lineup, sign me up. The average isn't going to be great, but I don't think its going to be anywhere near Gallo status, He's somewhere between a 250-275 hitter in my eyes. Could be something to see with the juiced balls in the majors. If a guy like Starlin Castro is a starter in your league, Chavis should definitely be picked up in your league. Might be looking at a prime dozier minus the steals type player, maybe more RBIs because of the lineup. Im assuming he probably only has 3b in your league at the moment, but I imagine he will try to get a lot of time at 2nd, and 2nd is probably the least deep non catcher infield position at the moment. Most outlets have Chavis as the Red Sox #1 prospect. The Red Sox don't have a great system by any means, so that doesn't matter too much, but he is probably the best of them, and he;'s #1 because of offense. There's no defensive bump up in his rankings on lists, so while that may limit playing time if he can't cut it, it also shows how strong the bat is, which is what we care about in fantasy. Take a read https://www.prospectslive.com/featured-articles/2019/3/3/planting-flags-michael-chavis-will-have-2019-impact-for-the-red-sox Decent statistical comp: Mike Moustakas
  9. Stripling Strahm and Lyles all gonna throw gems!
  10. 🤣 Not making fun of you, this just made me laugh.
  11. ...and one more: 5'11" 220lbs RB Darrin Hall Pitt Senior year: 153/1144/10 (7.5yds/carry) and 15/66 Career: 381/2189/21 (5.7yds/carry) and 38/267/1 Recent write-up/analysis: https://dynastyfootballfactory.com/making-the-case-for-darrin-hall-rb-university-of-pittsburgh/ Anyone got info/thoughts on this guy?
  12. You have plenty of OF (and 1B too) especially with Stanton coming back soon you could try packaging an OF+Posey for an upgrade higher than Ramos/Posey
  13. I would give the edge here to the Machado side, but I feel like it is close. Good luck and help with mine?
  14. That's tough with where some of them are at in their careers. I prefer Machado over Bryant, just think Machado has been so consistent every year and he's got some good young hitters around him. Bryant's health and seemingly a bit up and down at times concerns me. Carp and Cruz kind of was out a bit, depends what positions one needs. Cruz is getting up there even though he's still putting up good power numbers. Carp had a decent bounce back season last year, kind of like both players about the same if neither is a keeper. I'd prefer Kershaw over Stras personally. I know Kershaw has a ton of innings on the tires and health concerns, but still think he can be effective as he adjusts to having lost velocity. Stras has always been a bit too combustible for me, but if either are keepers then it makes this a tougher call for me. If I had to pick a side, I might go with B as I'd like consistency of Manny and Cruz, and even Sras even know he might not be as good as Kershaw each time out. Having both Bryant and Kershaw would be a bit nerve racking for me with different issues they've had.
  15. I picked him up in two leagues without looking. Is he good?
  16. Moreland is playing most of the time and is doing OK, although he has cooled off some. I may move on Garcia over Moreland though. Garcia was killing it last year until he got hurt. It is more of a personal preference though. Good luck!
  17. Bauers is kind of throw in on this deal, so it comes down to Turner for Abreu, which I am fine with. Think both of those guys will start to heat up & both should be better than Miggy. Thanks for mine and good luck!
  18. Give up on Posey? Like, two years ago. Make this particular trade? I don't think I would.
  19. We’re just going in circles here. I’ll say this one thing and then will be done woth this particular disagreement. I never once said your evidence wasn’t sound evidence. If you’ll go back and read WHAT I wrote and not read into what I wrote...my basic statement was that I disagree with guys who simply point to a second half swoon and say that means he’ll struggle this year. There are guys who see a great second half and assume it means a great next year...and vice versa. If you have metrics from June onward that predicted this struggle, then fine. My comment was to those who look at .245-11-38 and say, “Well, that means he’ll suck he next season.” If you took it differently, I apologize for not communicating more clearly.
  20. i'm not going to let you derail this thread but the numbers @BigPapi44 posted would be extremely valuable today
  21. I can possibly pick Moreland back up, if you think he will be better until Polanco returns? Will look at yours. Thanks Gramps!
  22. I wouldn't give a pitcher for him, I don't the difference between Ramos and Posey would be a pitcher's worth.
  23. Yahoo: H2H Keeper Auction League Need to activate David Dahl, and Jeremy Jeffress, will be forced to drop two players. 1. Is it worth it to roster Jeffress, do you think he gets some save opportunities eventually? 2. Of course leaning towards dropping one of Swanson, or Peraza...which? Which 2 players, unless it isn't worth rostering Jeffress...I could also just leave both in the DL spots temporarily, very good chance Dahl winds back up there anyhow. Trying to move Albies for a SS, but seems unlikely to happen. My Team: C Omar Narvaez 1B Anthony Rizzo 2B Ozzie Albies 3B Jose Ramirez SS Dansby Swanson OF George Springer OF Eddie Rosario OF AJ Pollock UTIL Edwin Encarnacion UTIL Yoan Moncada BN Jose Peraza BN Jesse Winker DL David Dahl SP German Marquez SP Zack Greinke RP Will Smith RP Alex Colome P Jose Leclerc P Masahiro Tanaka P Shane Bieber P James Paxton BN Chris Paddack BN Yu Darvish BN Yusei Kikuchi DL Jeremy Jeffress
  24. I would personally hang onto McHugh here, especially in a 10 teamer. Good luck. Help with mine?
  25. this, he is honestly a 1st rounder in my book if Hill is gone
  1. Load more activity