All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Let anyone start 30 times vs. MIA and ERA will be below 3.50. Maybe he finishes the year with an ERA of like 2. That will salvage the year, otherwise he's already done bad enough to sink alot of teams. Imagine if you had Nola, Wheeler, and Carrasco (like me).
  3. I don't even think he gets to 20/10 his first season. No way he's putting up Drummond's 17/15 line. He won't be on my teams either. I don't hate the guy, I just think he's overhyped in fantasy this year. You'd have to be crazy to spend a 2nd rounder on this guy.
  4. Just my .02 but I could def see a return to Milwaukee for him. But, obv he'd fit on any contender and will command top trade prospect currency.
  5. Returning for 3rd season, we are a H2H Most Cat. league expanding from 8 teams to 10 this season. The 2 new clubs will get the first 6 picks each in our snake draft in October. 6 Keepers each team. Roster of 14 players plus 3 IR spots. Respond here if interested.
  6. Seems to be a pretty decent chance he's going to fill the rotation vacancy left by Folty? Braves have options but I think he's their strongest and would set up for a Thurs start at CHC...which may not be an ideal matchup but I think he's worth paying attention to regardless. He has some solid stuff and has been working pretty well for the last month in AAA, has rattled off 4 straight starts with exactly 7K. He has given up too many hits and HRs along the way, but pitching for the 1st place Braves he still could be useful in deeper/points formats--if he does get a rotation audition, that is.
  7. So Callaway and Vargas apparently threatened to kick a beat writer's a** for asking why Cal left Lugo in for 40+ pitches to face Baez. Baez homered on an 0-2 sinker or two seamer. They won't bring in the closer for 4 outs but they are perfectly ok with abusing Lugo's arm. Btw, Lugo's already been on the DL earlier in the year with shoulder prob or something. Callaway may be gone by the AS Break, but it will still be the same crap no matter who gets hired. Wilpon still there.
  8. 99.99% Adding the fact a lot of contenders need bullpen help.
  9. You mean the other way around? Especially if you're in a 10-team league and you had mid-late pick. Hopkins or Adams first, and then Mixon at the top of the 2nd round. It's a guarantee that either of those WR1's will be taken by the end of the 1st. In a 12-team, best of luck.
  10. Matisse Thybulle is someone to watch. He probably won't get much run his first season (depending on what the sixers do in free agency) but may be a good dynasty sleeper. This guy averaged 3.5 steals and 2.3 blocks last year, could be a stocks machine down the road.
  11. He's gonna be traded. Excellent lefty RP who can get anyone out. Plenty of demand for that.
  12. There’s a lot of talk here each year when certain prospects are held in the minors, even when they appear ready, for reasons other than baseball. So figured we could discuss here (sorry in advance for the dissertation). Owners/teams manipulate the system in place to save money or gain extra year(s) of control of said player. Last year it was Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (among others), and this year the most egregious example seems to be Keston Hiura. He would likely be their 3rd/4th best hitter already, on a team fighting for a playoff spot. But they’re a “small market” team and seem to be more concerned with keeping him an extra year than putting out their best team. He’s definitely not the only one, though. Casey Mize would be, at worst, the Tigers SP2 today, if not their ace. But there’s no reason to push him, as they have nothing to play for. And here’s the problem (forget about treating these guys poorly for a moment)—as baseball is “dying,” we continue to keep our young stars in the minor leagues. Imagine Zion Williamson being kept in a minor league system for 2 years to “grow as a player” since the Pelicans will likely not be competing for a championship yet. Imagine Saquon Barkley and Baker Mayfield in a minor league system for 2-3 years so we can watch the “grizzled vets” play. There are all these talks of pace of play, LOOGYs, etc., but in my opinion THIS is the single largest factor hurting the sport. They’re not putting the best, young players in front of their fans. Why? 1) Many fans have been programmed by talking heads, and even argue in support of billionaire owners/management playing these games. Go to twitter and you’ll find many arguing that continually running out Travis Shaw/Jesus Aguilar is smart and Keston can wait. 2) From a brief discussion had yesterday, I reminded a poster that MLB and the players’ union has no reason to change this. The union bargains for the players once they reach the majors. They don’t protect the minor league players, and of course the players in MLB don’t want to bargain to get players up quicker; they’ll be taking their jobs. Here’s a quote from Adam Eaton defending the system in place: “If you do, complacency sets in,” Eaton says. “I think it’s difficult, yes, and it’s easy for me to say that because of where I am, but I wouldn’t be where I am without that … If I financially am supported down there and financially can make a living and not have to get to the big leagues, I think I’m a little more comfortable. I think that I might not work as hard because I know I’m getting a decent paycheck every two weeks, and may not push myself nearly as hard.” “I don’t disagree with [the notion] that they’re being exploited, but I think it’s for the betterment of everybody,” he adds. “I know it sounds crazy … I think there’s a middle ground … There’s ground to be made up, but I think it still should be rough.” https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/sports/article/21074129/minor-league-baseball-players-live-below-minimum-wage-to-chase-their-dreams 3) MiLB players will likely have to unionize on their own. They hadn’t previously, but their was once less money in MLB and almost no money in MiLB, but that’s simply not the case anymore. But unfortunately you’re talking about a lot of “kids,” 18-22, who are much more fearful about upsetting the status quo. “It’s worth pointing out, too, that MLB’s proactive approach to the lawsuit shows that it’s not just minor league players who are scared: MLB is concerned that the minor league players will discover that together, like their Major League cousins, there is power in a union, and Broshuis knows it: “These players are young, and they’re chasing a dream. They’re very reluctant to upset the status quo. A big part of it is just fear. Major League owners are sort of seen as this ever-powerful, omnipotent group that can’t be touched, so there’s this huge discrepancy in bargaining power that could be equalized in collective bargaining, but that very discrepancy in bargaining power discourages the players from collective bargaining and from forming a union that could lead to collective bargaining.” https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2018/6/5/17251534/mlb-draft-minor-league-baseball-union-phpa Unionizing would likely bring higher pay/better conditions for the MiLB players, but I’m not sure it gets them up quicker. So what’s the ultimate solution? What could be done to fill stadiums with young players that fans are excited to go see? Do you see this ultimately killing the sport that we here (baseball geeks) ultimately love?
  13. He should have been gone months ago, but this is the giants so you never know what they’ll do
  14. While we don’t know who will take foltys place, it doesn’t sound like it will be Newcomb
  15. I like McNeil, then Santana if you make a switch. For Didi, I'd probably hold still unless you have too many other holes to fill and you can't be patient. In that killer Yanks lineup I'd probably wait longer for Didi to come around myself.
  16. I would lean towards picking up Merill Kelly or Hudson, but getting Stroman vs KC isn't a bad streamer. With your league counting W's, it's hard for Stroman to consistently get those with the TOR offense. Good luck!
  17. Only drop I see is Boyd, but both of them are close this season. Think I would hold onto Boyd, as he may get traded to a contender. Although, NYM may also deal Wheeler too, so definitely keep an eye on both.
  18. I generally really enjoy talking about fantasy football, which is why I spend my downtime at work on this message board in mid-June. I like the RB depth this year. And I find myself consistently grabbing Diggs in the fourth round as a WR2. The past two years I've gone RB in Round 2 and I got burned twice (Jordan Howard, Dalvin Cook), but I'll chalk it up to bad luck and not some poor draft strategy. Or, that I didn't read into teams offensive lines as much as I need to this year. The league I invest the most in certainly drafts differently than mock drafts. I want Andrew Luck this year, but I feel like someone in my league has the same interest and will reach for him in round 3. I think I'd be more comfortable drafting Carson Wentz later on this year. It's been a long time since I've hit the nail on the head with a Quarterback pre-waiver wire. I'm itching for football and I do mock drafts more for the love of it rather than some kind of preparation.
  19. Nice idea, but Howard is slightly bigger and has a good reputation in the red zone (35 carries for 107 yard and 9 TDs last season, which is top-6).
  20. Seems to have flown under the radar compared to all the other big breakout years by other players. Which was good for us owners so we could pick him up when no one was noticing. Right up there with Garrett Cooper as waiver wire steal of the year right now.
  21. Interested, you use GroupMe or anything? Jwsilent@protonmail.com
  22. rather have LaMahieu ROS than Jose Ramirez and maybe rest of career.
  23. Hey everybody, I already searched google but I didn’t find the correct answer, maybe you can clear this pretty quickly for me: we have an IR Spot next season in our league, I can put a player there when he is listed as OUT. When he now comes back and gets a Q or D2D sign, how long does it take to activate him again? First I need a free roster spot, so I have to drop somebody, correct? If I do not drop anybody, is the IR player becoming a waiver? And if I drop someone for the IR player, is he immediately available or does it take the waiver period until he is on the roster again? Thanks in advance guys!
  1. Load more activity