113 replies to this topic

#1 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

What do you guys think this rookie class will bring to the table.  Last year we got RG3, Luck, Alf, Trent, Doug Martin...ect...  All immediate fantasy studs as well as other guys who are fantasy starters in a lot of leagues.

This year we might not be so lucky.  The first round projects to be a TON of defensive players so IDP leagues might rejoice but most leagues won't be enjoying the early round.  It would see that Geno Smith is the top offensive prospect in the draft but he is no RG3/Cam.  After that it gets real murky.  

Matt Barkley
Justin Hunter
Giovani Bernard
DeAndre Hawkins

Really can be anyones game and honestly I don't think Geno Smith is a #1 pick but necessity could cause KC to go that way.  

Who do you see as the top offensive rookies, when will they get picked, and will they have an impact?

#2 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

I want to see where tavon Austin ends up
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#3 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

View Postpredator_05, on 30 December 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Interesting name to bring up.  Where do you think his future lies?  Can he be a slot guy like Welker or maybe even a receiver out of the backfield like Sproles?

#4 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

I can't imagine myself drafting a "Geno"
20 team keeper H2H (took over the team), standard Yahoo.  Keepers below.  NA's get put into NA slots (5 max)
C:  d'Arnaud 1B: Eric Hosmer 2B: Brad Miller SS: Owings 3B: Manny Machado OF: Stanton OF: Heyward OF: Myers
Util:  Jose Abreu Bench: Avila, Schoop, Solarte, Baez (NA)
SP: Homer Bailey SP: Shelby Miller RP: Rosenthal RP: Soria P: Motte, Broxton, Withrow, Storen, Allen, Webb
Bench: Pineda, Ryu, Stroman and Meyer (Both NA's)
Trades: 1) Taijuan Walker and 5th rounder for Ryu and 4th rounder

Money league Roto
C- McCann 1B) Mash Abreu 2b) Altuve 3b) E5 SS) Rollins OF- McCutch, Harper, Werth Util- Melky Hosmer
Bench: Springer, Hill, Carlos Sant NAs: Bryant
SPs:  Sale, Cain, Ventura, Hudson Garza RA Dickey RPs:  Reed Balfour Papelbon Farnsworth  DL- Walker
Trades: 1) Joey Bats and Panda for E5 and Werth 2) Morse for RA Dickey 3) Soria for Garza 4) Braun and Mesoraco for McCutch and McCann

#5 Major

Major

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'll be drafting Geno for giggles and see what I can get for him, my leaguemates are suckers for the black QBs.

But I don't expect any rookie to ever be as valuable as the rookies this year were.

#6 th3ory

th3ory

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

If KC does draft Geno they would be very smart to follow that pick by taking Stedman Bailey.  I imagine both could be had with their first and second round picks.

We're coming off the best fantasy rookie season in a long time if not ever so any comparisons to next year will likely be bleak.

#7 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,509 posts
  • Interests:Following jimmy Buffett all summer hitting baseball stadiums along the way.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostGottaGetTheWin, on 30 December 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

What do you guys think this rookie class will bring to the table.  Last year we got RG3, Luck, Alf, Trent, Doug Martin...ect...  All immediate fantasy studs as well as other guys who are fantasy starters in a lot of leagues.

This year we might not be so lucky.  The first round projects to be a TON of defensive players so IDP leagues might rejoice but most leagues won't be enjoying the early round.  It would see that Geno Smith is the top offensive prospect in the draft but he is no RG3/Cam.  After that it gets real murky.  

Matt Barkley
Justin Hunter
Giovani Bernard
DeAndre Hawkins

Really can be anyones game and honestly I don't think Geno Smith is a #1 pick but necessity could cause KC to go that way.  

Who do you see as the top offensive rookies, when will they get picked, and will they have an impact?
A lot of it with rookies is about opportunity and setting so it will be interesting to see where a lot of these guys land.  Its a pretty weak offensive draft class.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#8 BxBOMBERs28

BxBOMBERs28

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

I like Bernard. I had a man crush on Marcus Lattimore before the injury. Too bad. He has crazy potential.

#9 JMak

JMak

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

View Postth3ory, on 31 December 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

If KC does draft Geno they would be very smart to follow that pick by taking Stedman Bailey.  I imagine both could be had with their first and second round picks.

We're coming off the best fantasy rookie season in a long time if not ever so any comparisons to next year will likely be bleak.

Word. Last year's class was once in a decade potentially. There's some decent WR talent, but I'm out on the QBs. RBs are just a commodity that could prosper in the right system i.e. Alf.

#10 Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostGottaGetTheWin, on 31 December 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Interesting name to bring up.  Where do you think his future lies?  Can he be a slot guy like Welker or maybe even a receiver out of the backfield like Sproles?

Dane Brugler has been mocking Austin to the Patriots to take over the Welker role.  If that happens I'd strongly consider him 1.01 in dyno rookie drafts.

Edit:  if Lache Seastrunk comes out that's the guy to target.

Edited by Colonel Kurtz, 02 January 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#11 smokin_that_greenellis

smokin_that_greenellis

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Tavon Austin is definitely an interesting one.  Unofficially, he's a bit taller than McCluster and a bit shorter than Harvin - the two he's been compared to the most.  It's safe to assume the "experts" are going to knock him for his size, but as a WVU fan, my God is he talented and fast as all hell.

The guy was averaging around 11 receptions all season until they needed him to run the rock.  In his first game doing so, he ran for 344 against a 10-2 Oklahoma squad while only catching a measly 82 yards - can't forget the 146 return yards either.  College football stats need to be taken with a grain of salt, but damn.  Not like Oklahoma is a pushover.

Edited by smokin_that_greenellis, 02 January 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#12 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

I wonder what Denard Robinson might bring to the league as a RB.  He looked real good in Michigans bowl game and could make some interesting jumps in the draft depending on how he does in the senior bowl and combine.  Could jump up to a mid round pick in this garbage that is the offensive players in the draft if he shows good.

#13 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

two words: ROBERT WOODS
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#14 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,769 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostNyMetsfan5, on 02 January 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

Can't get overly excited about a guy who was so clearly inferior to a teammate at the same position.  Hyped coming into the season, but I didn't really see it watching USC.

#15 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

View Postnickalero99, on 02 January 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Can't get overly excited about a guy who was so clearly inferior to a teammate at the same position.  Hyped coming into the season, but I didn't really see it watching USC.
Was he inferior or is Marquise Lee just that good? Woods will be a solid wr2 in 2 years

Edited by NyMetsfan5, 02 January 2013 - 03:10 PM.

-Coach Tom Coughlin

NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#16 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,769 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostNyMetsfan5, on 02 January 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

View Postnickalero99, on 02 January 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Was he inferior or is Marquise Lee just that good? Woods will be a solid wr2 in 2 years

Most WR's in the NCAA are inferior to Lee, but Woods was just completely overshadowed for the most part this year.  Has the potential to be a solid pro, but not a guy I'm looking to as an elite guy to be taking in a rookie draft.

#17 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Woods future will probably be decided by where he lands.  He was looking great until the injury.  He was clearly outplayed by Lee this year but I still think he could be a guy that excels if he lands in a place like Houston, Buffalo, San Fran.  Anywhere with a team that needs a complimentary receiver.

#18 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostGottaGetTheWin, on 02 January 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Woods future will probably be decided by where he lands.  He was looking great until the injury.  He was clearly outplayed by Lee this year but I still think he could be a guy that excels if he lands in a place like Houston, Buffalo, San Fran.  Anywhere with a team that needs a complimentary receiver.
Arizona perhaps, playing in the slot

-Coach Tom Coughlin

#RealDealWheeler

#19 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

No clue where ends up, but he has the most 'fantasy' potential of anyone in this class.

There is this one WR that i really like, although i have no clue what the general impression of him is among the draft 'experts'...

Edited by predator_05, 02 January 2013 - 06:14 PM.

"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#20 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

View Postpredator_05, on 02 January 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

No clue where ends up, but he has the most 'fantasy' potential of anyone in this class.

There is this one WR that i really like, although i have no clue what the general impression of him is among the draft 'experts'...

his cuts are insane  o.0

-Coach Tom Coughlin

#RealDealWheeler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users