Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Playing in Multiple Leagues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Beatle

Beatle

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:03 AM

Just wondering what veteran fantasy football players do when playing in multiple leagues. Do you target the same players when drafting or do you try and have different players on your various teams, in case of injury or having bust seasons??

For instance i am in 4 leagues, and have Cutler on 3 of them, which is good, but i also have Lynch in 3 leagues, and he is burning me!!

#2 digunder

digunder

Allstar

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:20 AM

Just wondering what veteran fantasy football players do when playing in multiple leagues. Do you target the same players when drafting or do you try and have different players on your various teams, in case of injury or having bust seasons??

For instance i am in 4 leagues, and have Cutler on 3 of them, which is good, but i also have Lynch in 3 leagues, and he is burning me!!

If it's the best available player, I will take them. I try to not let other drafts effect future drafts.
10 Team H2H .5 PPR CBS Sportsline ($165)
QB: M. Vick, M. Stafford
RB: C. Johnson, F. Jones T. Hightower, D. Karim, D. Carter, R. Helu
WR: W. Welker, P. Harvin, Stevie Johnson, K. Britt, Julio Jones, N. Washington
TE: J. Witten, D. Keller
K: J. Brown
DEF: Rotating
________________________________________________________________________________
12 Team ESPN Standard Scoring ($100)
QB: M. Stafford, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: R. Rice, L. Blount, F. Jones, B. Wells, D. Thomas, B. Tate
WR: Calvin Johnson, L. Fitzgerald, B. Marshall, Stevie Johnson
TE: J. Graham, D. Keller
K: M. Bryant
DEF: Giants
________________________________________________________________________________
12 Team PPR Standard Scoring ($230/ $5 per transaction)
QB: M. Stafford, J. Freeman
RB: L. McCoy, M. Forte, F. Jones, M. Bush, D. Carter
WR: W. Welker, P. Harvin, M. Sims-Walker, Julio Jones, D. Bess
TE: J. Cook, L. Kendricks
K: J. Hanson

#3 trueblu

trueblu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:35 AM

If it's the best available player, I will take them. I try to not let other drafts effect future drafts.

I put the other leagues out of my head on draft day, just draft the best player on my list. Of course you have a similar list for each draft, so chances are that you will have some similar players.

#4 headchopper

headchopper

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:54 AM

I take the best player thats on my list with the pick. But if you have done your research work, then once it gets around round 5 or 6, you will find that you start to get the same players as you got in the other leagues.
In the first 4 or 5 rounds , you really need to take the best player available, but after that start targeting the guys you think will blow up and are great sleepers.
MLB Daily Lineups:
http://dailybaseballlineupscom.webstarts.com/

#5 greggooo

greggooo

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:15 AM

I put the other leagues out of my head on draft day, just draft the best player on my list. Of course you have a similar list for each draft, so chances are that you will have some similar players.

Exactly, its not like NCAA tourny brackets where you switch up picks just to increase probablity. You are likely going into a draft the the same attitudes towards players so your personal big board doesnt really change. If I really like a value for a player ill target him in all my drafts.

Edited by greggooo, 10 November 2008 - 11:18 AM.

#6 wright

wright

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

I target players according to the scoring system of the leage then make my own list of players with 4 tiers for each position. In general its the best available for me. But I tend to draft the same WR if I can.

Same players on 2 of my teams are: (and these were targeted players)

R.White
Cotchery
Chris Johnson
Kurt Warner
12 team PPR $$.. No negitive points for anything.

QB-
Kitna, J
Warner, K    

RB-
Gore, F
Johnson, C
Buckhalter
Portis, C
Slaton, S    

WR-
Bryant, A
Cotchery, J
Megatron
Smith, S
White, R

#7 addicted

addicted

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:44 AM

I like to make a list of the players I am targeting and where I think they will be drafted and then in the middle/late rounds I pick for value. The early rounds I do try and not draft the same players on every team just to make the year more fun for me.

#8 kerr gold

kerr gold

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:16 PM

I have three teams this year (whittling them down slowly over the years). I drafted my keeper, had an autopick in my work league, and had my son 11 year old son draft my neighborhood league. Avoided any issues there but did end up with the same players on a few teams. It's natural to gravitate to the same players on waivers. I do have Rivers in two leagues and Thomas Jones in two leagues. My keeper league seems to be the one that is totally unique from the other two.

#9 SkinsRBack

SkinsRBack

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:18 PM

I try to draft just about the same players, but it depends on my draft position. Obviously if I get an early draft pick, I will look for a better 1st rounder than I would if I get say 10-12. Obviously you are not going to get all of the exact same players. I just think drafting the same player makes it easier to manage your teams.

#10 TBarber21

TBarber21

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:32 PM

I try to keep the same strategy and just draft the best players available, but a few years back I took Deuce with my top pick in multiple leagues, and when he went down for the season, I was scrambling in multiple leagues so I changed my thought process a little!!

I try not to let that influence me at all, but if I already have a guy in one league and am faced between drafting him again or a very similar player, I tend to pick the other guy since I don't want to get burned again. That is just me.

Edited by TBarber21, 10 November 2008 - 01:33 PM.

12 Team Auction League (partial keeper - $270 cap)

C - J Castro - $4
1B - M Napoli - $6
2B - A Hill - $15
SS - E Cabrera - $5
3B - D Wright - $35
OF - *J Upton - $26 , *A McCutchen - $20, *S Marte - $2
U - D Ortiz - $26
SP - *M Bumgarner - $15, *J Fernandez - $6, C Hamels - $30, J Cueto - $16, *A Cashner - $3, H Ryu - $12, H Kuroda - $6
RP - J Veras - $3
Bench - B Moss - $5, C Tillman - $8, C Buchholtz - $6, S Kazmir - $6, E Ramirez - $4, *B Anderson - $9 (didn't want to take cap hit)

*Keepers