Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Rumor Mill: Ravens/Bears game Postponed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 glascock9

glascock9

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

I live in Baltimore and as many of you probably know, we're getting hammered with a snow storm right now. Local news is forecasting 20-30 inches of snow. This city struggles with 6 inches of snow, so 2 feet is a pretty big deal.

Local news is also reporting the Chicago Bears are still in Chicago and their flight was grounded. The snow isn't expected to let up until early tomorrow morning and the possibility of postponement was mentioned. Even though an official postponement is still probably unlikely, what ramifications would it have on fantasy players in the game this week? Would owners of Ray Rice simply play without their star player this week? Being playoff week in most leagues, this could have a major impact on games.

Thoughts?
12 team, head to head league
R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, SLG / W, L, CG, SV, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QS, K

#2 norcal

norcal

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:26 AM

bears forfeit...Rice owners automatically get the 30 points he was going to get in the game, lol

edit: oh and also mcgahee is not invited

Edited by norcal, 19 December 2009 - 10:27 AM.

#3 glascock9

glascock9

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:26 AM

Another update....

The Bears were supposed to arrive last night. The Marriott in Baltimore is confirming they haven't checked in yet. Flight was cancelled. The team is supposedly on stand by looking for a window to fly in. They're hoping for late tonight but as I mentioned earlier, the weather is supposed to be awful until tomorrow morning.

This is gonna be interesting.

#4 artyshellz

artyshellz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:29 AM

The Bears will fly into a nearby airport that isn't so bad and drive in, the show must go on.

#5 glascock9

glascock9

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:30 AM

The Bears will fly into a nearby airport that isn't so bad and drive in, the show must go on.

What airport? The whole mid-atlantic is getting hit. They've just issued a blizzard warning here.

#6 bohman

bohman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:40 AM

it certainly dumped here. but cancel an nfl game? no way.

but possibly postponed to later sunday night or even to monday night

Edited by bohman, 19 December 2009 - 10:41 AM.

Adam Jones

#7 bohman

bohman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

what about the 49ers and other road teams to the east coast?
Adam Jones

#8 glascock9

glascock9

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

it certainly dumped here. but cancel an nfl game? no way.

but possibly postponed to later sunday night or even to monday night

Latest update: The Bears sat on the plane for two hours last night before finally getting off at 12:30 a.m. The game is currently "postponed" but not "cancelled" (didn't know there was a difference).

#9 bohman

bohman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:47 AM

oh sure, they will fit the game in this week.
Adam Jones

#10 glascock9

glascock9

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:50 AM

oh sure, they will fit the game in this week.

Yet ANOTHER update: The NFL is assisting the Bears in traveling to Baltimore, however, they say it's the Bears responsibility to get here. Baltimore Washington International airport says they are NOT closed. No current plans to move the game have been made.

#11 2Balls

2Balls

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:55 AM

Everyone knew this storm was coming. Why didn't the Bears fly in early and instead wait until Friday night? They're stupid and they should forfeit the game based on pure stupidity.

Last I heard, game was moved to 4:15. Could see it moved back to Sunday night or something if necessary. The show will go on.

#12 glascock9

glascock9

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

Everyone knew this storm was coming. Why didn't the Bears fly in early and instead wait until Friday night? They're stupid and they should forfeit the game based on pure stupidity.

Last I heard, game was moved to 4:15. Could see it moved back to Sunday night or something if necessary. The show will go on.

The Bears had a very long night last night and look to have a very long night tonight as well. Look for the Ravens to totally have their way with them tomorrow.

#13 bohman

bohman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:01 AM

ray rice is going to EXPLODE

maybe, in these conditions, they will be more likely to give him goal line work? wishful thinking probably.
Adam Jones

#14 glascock9

glascock9

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:03 AM

ray rice is going to EXPLODE

maybe, in these conditions, they will be more likely to give him goal line work? wishful thinking probably.

I have Rice myself and I'm honestly not real excited about the weather. I think it plays more to McGahee and McClain's ability then Rice's. I'm sure Rice will still get his but I don't see him having a monster day if the field is slick.

#15 bohman

bohman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:26 AM

I have Rice myself and I'm honestly not real excited about the weather. I think it plays more to McGahee and McClain's ability then Rice's. I'm sure Rice will still get his but I don't see him having a monster day if the field is slick.

i hear you. for sure both those two should have a good day as well. i expect a lot of carries to go around.

but for the majority of carries, ray will get the ball.

and ray rice will be the fastest guy on the field, and he will have the added upper hand of knowing where the play is going and where the blocking will be.

he could have a huge day breaking off a series of 15 yard runs.

Edited by bohman, 19 December 2009 - 11:27 AM.

Adam Jones

#16 The_Truth

The_Truth

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:30 AM

Everyone in America knew the weather situation. There's no excuse for Chicago not flying in earlier. I hope they forfeit, I'm going against Rice, Heap, and Mason in my semi-finals.

They better not pull some $hit like playing on Monday or Tuesday. The Pats and Oakland played in about 16 inches of snow in the playoffs, they better not accomodate the effing 5-8 Bears in week 15 of the regular season.

#17 Dr. Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

Rice's game isn't so much based on speed, it's based on the fact that he's hard as hell to bring down. I don't think the snow will have too much of an effect on him.

But I hear what you're saying, snow typically favors power backs. I wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of vulturing from McGahee if/when the game is played.
Team 1: 12 Team Dynasty, Standard, 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1W/R/T, K, D/ST

QB: Russell Wilson
WR: Keenan Allen, Percy Harvin, T.Y. Hilton, Justin Hunter, Cody Latimer, Donte Moncrief, Andre Holmes, Martavis Bryant
RB: Eddie Lacy, DeMarco Murray, Frank Gore, Devonta Freeman, Lamar Miller, Isaiah Crowell, Justin Forsett, Jerick McKinnon
TE: Ladarius Green, Larry Donnell
K: Dan Bailey
D/ST: Cleveland Browns
IR: Tyler Eifert, Marquess Wilson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#18 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,910 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:52 AM

What if they can't get there and the Bears have to forfeit. Won't happen b/c of money, but it would be unbelievable.....That would be funny and bad news for Rice, Mason, Flacco, Cutler, and Forte owners.....

Edited by Patrick Bateman, 19 December 2009 - 11:53 AM.

"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#19 MrArmageddon

MrArmageddon

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

The only way to score 1 point in football is for the other team to forfeit.
12 Team Standard Scoring

QB Tom Brady
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Matt Forte
RB/WR/TE Julius Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Jordan Cameron
D/ST Bills (Stream)
K Zuerlein (Stream)
BE Percy Harvin
BE Josh Gordon
BE Bernard Pierce
BE Andy Dalton

#20 headchopper

headchopper

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

Everyone in America knew the weather situation. There's no excuse for Chicago not flying in earlier. I hope they forfeit, I'm going against Rice, Heap, and Mason in my semi-finals.

They better not pull some $hit like playing on Monday or Tuesday. The Pats and Oakland played in about 16 inches of snow in the playoffs, they better not accomodate the effing 5-8 Bears in week 15 of the regular season.

I can really see a situation where they move the game to Monday night. I don't think it is unprecedented.
MLB Daily Lineups:
http://dailybaseballlineupscom.webstarts.com/