Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

How Does Yahoo Waiver Wire Priority Work?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 fsu_surfer

fsu_surfer

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

I'm in a Yahoo roto league and just drafted a few days ago.  There is a decent amount of low end closers on the WW that I'm sure all of the other managers have claimed and was wondering what the general rule is for more than 1 player claimed on my list.

For instance, if my first claimed player is picked up by someone with a higher priority, will my next claimed player get added for that round or will I miss out and have to wait for the next rotation, possibly missing out on a player that someone else with a lower priority has as their 1st ww priority claim.

For some reason I think I got screwed in a ESPN FF League last year because my 1st priority (3rd on the WW order) was denied and it didn't default to my 2nd priority in that round (it just said 'your ww claim has been denied...'), letting an 8th ranked WW order manager pick-up my #2 ww ranked player.

Hope that makes sense, but was just wondering if you guys might now the answer, because it might make me alter my priority strategy.

#2 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,190 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

View Postfsu_surfer, on Apr 8 2010, 10:44 AM, said:

I'm in a Yahoo roto league and just drafted a few days ago. There is a decent amount of low end closers on the WW that I'm sure all of the other managers have claimed and was wondering what the general rule is for more than 1 player claimed on my list.

For instance, if my first claimed player is picked up by someone with a higher priority, will my next claimed player get added for that round or will I miss out and have to wait for the next rotation, possibly missing out on a player that someone else with a lower priority has as their 1st ww priority claim

For some reason I think I got screwed in a ESPN FF League last year because my 1st priority (3rd on the WW order) was denied and it didn't default to my 2nd priority in that round (it just said 'your ww claim has been denied...'), letting an 8th ranked WW order manager pick-up my #2 ww ranked player.

Hope that makes sense, but was just wondering if you guys might now the answer, because it might make me alter my priority strategy.

The next player on your list would be given to you....you would not have to wait.

Example:

WP1: dropping Sammy Gervacio for Ryan Madson
WP2: dropping Gervacio for Jon Rauch
WP3: dropping Gervacio for Jason Frasor

If Madson gets claimed by another owner, that claim of yours will get denied, and you'd be given Rauch, provided nobody else higher than you gets him.  You'd also get an email saying that the Frasor claim was denied because you no longer own Gervacio.
SoB Tifo ~ AD FINEM FIDELIS ~ Bearfight Brigade

"Oh, you can't scare me, I'm stickin' to the Union!"