57 replies to this topic

#1 GBPig99

GBPig99

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:25 AM

No thread on this kid yet but after the string of games he's put together he needs one. Still 19 in A ball he hasn't allowed an earned run or issued a walk over his last 3 games(23.2 IP), and has 21 K's in that span as well.  Has also only allowed one dinger all year in 59.1 IP.
What's the ratio of Stanley nickels to Schrute bucks?  The same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.

#2 GBPig99

GBPig99

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:45 PM

Another scoreless/walkless game last night!! That's four in a row.
What's the ratio of Stanley nickels to Schrute bucks?  The same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.

#3 GBPig99

GBPig99

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:29 AM

Add another scoreless game without issuing a walk. That's at least 33 innings in a row without giving up an earned run or a walk!

#4 Blood Brother

Blood Brother

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

He's been called up to High A now.
16 team H2H Dynasty league 6x6(R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG / W, S, K's, Hld, ERA, WHIP)

Hitters:
C - Jonathan Lucroy (MIL - C, 1B)
1B - Edwin Encarnacion (Tor - 1B, 3B)
2B - Robinson Cano (Sea - 2B)
3B - Miguel Cabrera (Det - 1B, 3B)
SS - Starlin Castro (ChC - SS)
LF - Carlos Gonzalez (COL - LF)
CF - Corey Dickerson (Col - LF, CF)
RF - George Springer (Hou - CF, RF)
Util - David Wright (NYM - 3B)
BN - Oswaldo Arcia (Min - LF, RF), Jean Segura (Mil - SS), Kole Calhoun (LAA - RF), Jake Lamb (ARI - 3B), Lucas Duda (NYM - 1B, LF)
Pitchers:(5 SP/5 RP)
Starters: Clayton Kershaw, Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, James Shields, Jose Quintana, Jordan Zimmermann, Carlos Martinez, Corey Kluber, Ivan Nova(DL)
Relievers: Craig Kimbrel, Greg Holland, Sean Doolittle, Joe Smith, Shae Simmons
Farm System:  Andrew Heaney (MIA - SP), Marco Gonzales(StL - SP), Daniel Norris(TOR - SP), Ronald Guzman(TEX - 1B/OF), Dan Vogelbach(CHC - 1B), Blake Snell(TB - SP), Jose Martinez(Ari - SP), Hunter Dozier(KC - SS/3B), Adalberto Mejia(SF - SP)

#5 GBPig99

GBPig99

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

I'm curious as to why he's relieving in AAA? Is he being groomed for the pen for the Braves playoff run?

#6 Ballin' Oates

Ballin' Oates

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:43 AM

He was moved to the pen to limit his innings.

http://blogs.ajc.com...o-moved-to-pen/

Braves general manager Frank Wren said the Braves want to limit Vizcaino’s innings in the second half of the season, since he’s already pitching more innings (87) in 17 starts than he pitched in any of his first three minor league seasons with the New York Yankees and Braves.

#7 GBPig99

GBPig99

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

View PostBallin, on Aug 9 2011, 11:43 AM, said:

He was moved to the pen to limit his innings.

http://blogs.ajc.com...o-moved-to-pen/

Braves general manager Frank Wren said the Braves want to limit Vizcaino’s innings in the second half of the season, since he’s already pitching more innings (87) in 17 starts than he pitched in any of his first three minor league seasons with the New York Yankees and Braves.

Thanks!

#8 JOBOOZ0S0

JOBOOZ0S0

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:FantasyLeagueGM.com is the ultimate free resource for Player News & Fantasy Articles/Advice.

Follow the fantasy action and/or my lists at https://twitter.com/JOBOOZOSO

NFL Fantasy (+300)
    NFL Media (+475)
    NFL Defensive Players (+375)
    NFL Offensive Players (+400)

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I have the opportunity to acquire him in my Dynasty League Rule V draft.

I know he was highly regarded until Tommy John. Maybe he can contribute right away as a setup man or closer, or Theo keeps him as a starter in the minors to work out the TJ kinks.

Thoughts?
FantasyLeagueGM.com is the ultimate Free Fantasy Football and Baseball Aggregator for Player News, Articles, Strategies, Advice, Sleepers, Rankings, Prospects, and Twitter

#9 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostJOBOOZ0S0, on 20 January 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

I have the opportunity to acquire him in my Dynasty League Rule V draft.

I know he was highly regarded until Tommy John. Maybe he can contribute right away as a setup man or closer, or Theo keeps him as a starter in the minors to work out the TJ kinks.

Thoughts?

I'm fairly certain the Cubs will initially try to use him as a starter.
I remember one evening in the pouring rain
And in my heart there was an aching pain
Fare thee well, my honey, fare thee well

#10 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

I'd still try to get him. He was a big time talent before the surgery. It's probably best that he got out of Atlanta. He was probably never going to be anything more than a reliever there. They just had too many prospects. Vizcaino will likely get a shot to show he can be a starter in spring training and in the minors to start the year (the Cubs actually have a lot of quality pitchers). If the Cubs fall out of contention and Vizcaino is doing great in the minors, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him get a decent look over the second half of the year.
Bring back Ray!

#11 JOBOOZ0S0

JOBOOZ0S0

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:FantasyLeagueGM.com is the ultimate free resource for Player News & Fantasy Articles/Advice.

NFL Fantasy (+300)
    NFL Media (+475)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

From http://www.bleedcubb...hn-surgery-cubs

Epstein plucked Vizcaino 'on the cheap' as his former team considered him short-term-expendable and potentially a long-term risk due to his injury.
Using the 10-12 month timeline, Vizcaino could be almost ready for the opening of the season. However, the Cubs may well benefit from expanding his recovery time. How so? Since Vizcaino isn't being counted on for a major role, especially early in 2013, he can be stowed on the 60-day disabled list. Putting him on the 60-day DL in mid-March would take him off the 40- (and 25-) man roster, allowing for more roster flexibility. If Cubs fans have learned anything over the past 15 or so months, it has been Epstein's willingness to maneuver within and around the 40-man roster rules.
My guess is Vizcaino will start April in Mesa on the 60-day DL, and in June, begin a swing through the minor league affiliate ladder, possibly starting in Kane County. By taking the rehab tack, not only does he not take a big league roster spot, he isn't counting against the limit for the minor league squad. Pitch a couple in Kane County, try Daytona for a five inning start twice, then head to Smokies Park once. About the time a few players have left the system at the deadline, Vizcaino should be ready for Wrigley's third base dugout.
FantasyLeagueGM.com is the ultimate Free Fantasy Football and Baseball Aggregator for Player News, Articles, Strategies, Advice, Sleepers, Rankings, Prospects, and Twitter

#12 ipstaff

ipstaff

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Definitely expect the Cubs will look to him as a starter first and foremost, especially given the Fujikawa signing as their likely closer of the (very near) future.  The Cubs have a number of reasonable quality starting pitching options, but they don't generally have Vizcaino's upside - and the Cubs are very likely 2013 trade deadline sellers still, as they have plenty of lineup holes to fill.

Vizcaino was one of the Braves' most promising pitching prospect before the injury.  Given talent and opportunity, he's a buy.

#13 JOBOOZ0S0

JOBOOZ0S0

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

NFL Fantasy (+300)
    NFL Media (+475)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

He fell to me, and I selected him!

Edited by JOBOOZ0S0, 23 January 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#14 jimmylove26

jimmylove26

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

Looking at the injuries and ineffectiveness plaguing the Cubs pen I'd love to see Vizcaino get a shot at closing. He should be back on the radar soon.

#15 cpdaly

cpdaly

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Is this guy strictly a bullpen arm going forward?  Any chance he gets a shot in the rotation?
I'm not scared. I'm scared for the town. Because once I go out, women will fall and men will start wailing.

#16 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Interests:most importantly, enjoying my 14 grandkids.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

Latest blurb from the Cubs:  http://sports.yahoo....gIKdPvMHMaFCLcF

Arodys Vizcaino - Pitcher

Vizcaino might be the biggest wild card on the list. The Cubs were able to acquire him via trade with the Atlanta Braves last season and were able to get him pretty cheap since he is coming off of Tommy John surgery. He has some major-league experience with the Braves in 2011 (4.67 ERA in 17 appearances) and could be invaluable on a Cubs team that is in dire need of relief pitching. Once he is activated from the 60-day disabled list, Vizcaino will most likely be heading to Triple-A post any kind of rehab.

In the short-term, durability concerns will probably land Vizcaino in the bullpen at whatever level (future closer?) but if he responds well following the surgery, he might be starting in the long-term.

This year, if he recovers and gets a call, they view him as a RP,  but long term, they still have hope he can start.

“There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.”   Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

“The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” Gen "Mad Dog Mattis

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

"You must first realize the prison of your mind.......before you can escape it".   author unknown

My comments and assessments are meant for long term keeper and dynasty leagues, not for redrafts

#17 cpdaly

cpdaly

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Well that's a bummer, the Cubs are shutting him down for 2013.

Per Rotoworld:

Arodys Vizcaino has been ruled out for the season after recently undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right elbow to address a calcium buildup.

Vizcaino wasn't progressed as hoped in his recovery from Tommy John surgery, and now we know why. It's a shame that he won't appear for the Cubs in 2013, but the good news is that his ligaments are fine and he should be ready to go for spring training. Vizcaino will be shut down for six weeks before beginning his rehab.

I'm not scared. I'm scared for the town. Because once I go out, women will fall and men will start wailing.

#18 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Interests:most importantly, enjoying my 14 grandkids.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

wasn't really expecting him to make much of an impact this year as it was, next year was what I'm banking on for him to contribute. this just takes one of my DL spots for the whole year now, for me, he's worth the wait as we have 5 DL spots.
The good news is the ligaments are fine, the extra time off should do him good.  Hope he fully recovers by ST.
“There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.”   Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

“The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” Gen "Mad Dog Mattis

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

"You must first realize the prison of your mind.......before you can escape it".   author unknown

My comments and assessments are meant for long term keeper and dynasty leagues, not for redrafts

#19 IlliniGuy76

IlliniGuy76

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

Reports yesterday are that his arm is completely healthy, he's topping off at 98-99 MPH with "electric" stuff....
Harry Caray, 1984 Cubs locker room celebration, "And here we are!  I hope we get loaded tonight!"
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FcQAlsjxqw

League 1:  10 team, 6 keepers, H2H cumulative categories. 2013 Championship Winner
Offensive categories: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, BA
Pitching categories:  W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QB, BSV
C: Ramos  1b: Teixiera 2b: Harrison SS:  Escobar 3b: Carpenter  INF: Votto OF: Morse, McCutcheon, Kemp, Gomez UTIL:  Betts BN:  Segura, Solarte

SP: Arrieta, Stroman, Ventura, Kuechel, Kluber, Gio, Chavez, Peralta, Morton RP: Rosenthal, Rodney, Hawkins, Howell, Joba DL:  Fernandez, Wacha

League 2:  12 teams, 6 keepers, H2H - one win, 2013 Championship Winner
Offensive categories:  R, HR, RBI, SB, BA, OPS, H
Pitching categories:  W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, TB
C:  Rosario 1b: Morneau 2b:  Pedroia, SS:  Castro 3b: Frazier  OF:  Gomez, G. Stanton, Billy Hamilton UTIL: Adams, Calhoun BN: Gennett, Alvarez, Chris Davis  DL:  Pollock

SP:  Bum, Kluber, Ross, Archer, Stroman, Latos, Peralta, Roark RP: KRod, Cishek, Casilla MIN:  No one DL:  Garcia, Harrison, Lindstrom

#20 mortl

mortl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Heard he might close for the cubs - I would like to see him pitch more than 1 inning- Can someone tell me what he throws? I know he throws heat lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users