Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Yahoo Add/Drop Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 y0yoyo

y0yoyo

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

checked the yahoo rules but couldnt find anything...heres my dilemma...with this bye week/injuries i currently don't have a kicker...no big deal since the team im playing is pretty terrible but there is a chance that this matchup could come down to a few points...so heres what i want to do...

i do not want to drop anyone from my bench (forster, floyd, d-jax, vince young, sanchez, a. gonzo) if i do not have to, to pickup a kicker...i would perfer on monday to drop Kerry collins, or someone else that i am starting for sunday and pickup tynes or dallas's kicker on monday...but i do not know if yahoo will allow me to drop someone that i had playing for me on sunday...i guess i could wait and see on monday, but if i know in advance then i could drop someone from my bench and pickup a kicker with a better matchup on sunday then be stuck with the two monday night kickers...does anyone know if this will work or has done something similar to this? thanks alot in advance

#2 Ray Barboni

Ray Barboni

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

You cant drop a player that is starting for your team until after Monday night....i think. lol
.....previously known as.....

#3 RyanksN

RyanksN

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:43 AM

i dont believe that you could drop somebody that already played in your line-up. I think your limited to dropping a bye week play or somebody scheduled to play MNF if you wait until monday...not 100% sure but think I've tried this in the past
1.)CBS Auction Dynasty 5x5 Standard Roto (12 team)13 Keepers + 3 Minor League Keepers
$260 for 23 player (Also have 17 player bench not included in Auction Draft)
Batters (11) C(2)-Arencibia, Riuz $1 1st- Goldy $44, 2nd- Profar $9, 3rd- Sandavol $1, SS- Jeter $1, CI- Seager $7, MI- LaMeieu $1, OF(5)- J.Upton $26, Trout $61, C.Dickerson $5, Markakis $1, Castellanos $1 DH- Votto $37
BN - Y.Alonso $1, S.Genette $1, Ackley $1
Pitchers (4) SP(6)- , D.Keuchel $4, G.Cole $16, Teharan $15, Y.Ventura $1, D.Hutchenson $1, Pineda $1 RP(3)- T.Rosenthal $15, Hawkins $1, S.Casilla $2
BN - J.Paxton $1, D.Pomeranz $4, Tillman $5, M.Stroman $7, Rondon $1
Minors - J.Baez, K.Bryant,J.Pederson, J.Taillon, T.Glasnow, M.Wisler

2.)CBS Auction Dynasty Points League (12 team)10 Keepers + 2 Minor League Keepers
$300 for 18 players (Also have 12 player bench not included in Auction Draft)
Scoring: 1 pt = rbi, run, bb, sac, 2 pt= sb, 2.5 pt = dbl, 4 pt = hr, 5 pt = tpl, -1 =k
1 pt = IP, 2 pt = k, 3 pt = qs, hld, 4 pt = w, 5 pt = sv, 7.5 pt = cg, so, -1 pt = bb, er, -3 pts = loss
Batters (10) C- Weiters $22, 1st-F.Freeman $26, 2nd- Carpenter $11, 3rd- Arenado $11, SS- Jeter $1, OF(3)-McCutchens $50, W.Meyers $12, Gorden $7, DH (2)- A.Gon $22, Votto $49 BN-.A.Ram, Asdrubal, Cain, Pollock, Hansen, Seager, Soler
Pitchers (8) SP(5)- A.Wainwright $20, M.Scherzer $23, J.Zimmerman $17, M.Minor $12, Skaggs $1 RP(3)- S.Miller $12, A.Reed $2, A.Ogando $1 BN-.Miley $1, Paxton $9, E.Santana $12, Carrasco $8, A.Heaney $7

#4 sott3

sott3

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

Won't work. You are correct that Yahoo won't let you drop someone on Monday who you used on Sunday. You better grab at kicker before kickoff on Sunday.

Team A - Yahoo Standard Scoring (4 pts per pass TD)
QB: M.Stafford, C.Palmer
RB: E.Lacy, D.Martin, M.Ingram, J.Starks, B.Oliver
WR: Julio Jones, E.Sanders, S.Smith Sr, E.Decker
TE: J.Witten, J.Reed
K: B.McManus
DST: Arizona

Team B - Yahoo Standard Scoring (6 pts per pass TD)
QB: C.Kaepernick
RB: M.Ball, T.Richardson, S.Ridley, B.Pierce, R.Hillman, B.Oliver
WR: D.Bryant, C.Patterson, M.Colston, K.Benjamin
TE: R.Gronkowski, H.Miller
K: S.Hauschka
DST: Streaming

#5 Devoeinferno

Devoeinferno

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

Won't work. You are correct that Yahoo won't let you drop someone on Monday who you used on Sunday. You better grab at kicker before kickoff on Sunday.

You can pick people up on monday even the kicker before he plays. The problem is he will not be in your lineup until the next week. So you would have to pick him up before 3am et sunday in order to play him on monday night.

The roster starts the new week before the monday night game, however you can not pick people up to play in that game after sunday.

#6 y0yoyo

y0yoyo

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

thanks everyone...i play yahoo baseball and basketball and i know that this question is different for those...hopefully vince young plays and i can drop collins before sunday night or i might just have to drop gonzalez...but i would rather not have to do eithe...but since gonzalez has a bye i would still have to drop him before monday morning at 3 am correct?....my ideal situation would be to wait till around midnight on sunday and see if the score is within reach or not (i have bradshaw playing monday and he has dallas D) and then drop gonzalez for a NYG or DAL kicker for monday

Edited by y0yoyo, 22 October 2010 - 12:32 PM.

#7 Bri161

Bri161

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

interesting question on the bye week player. i want to say the bye week player doesn't get locked until monday's game so you could drop gonzo monday and pick up a monday kicker. but i don't know this for sure....

#8 c5_nc

c5_nc

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

I'd like to see your team and how big of a league. If you you need to keep young and start Collins its got to be a very deep league I guess. I'm in one yahoo league between friends where do not even have a ww, everyone is a free agent, if someone breaks out in a game on sunday you can go pick them up while they are still playing (you can't put in that week's lineup. But in our case you can't drop a player you played Sunday on a monday. I have tried to do that before.

#9 y0yoyo

y0yoyo

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

I'd like to see your team and how big of a league. If you you need to keep young and start Collins its got to be a very deep league I guess. I'm in one yahoo league between friends where do not even have a ww, everyone is a free agent, if someone breaks out in a game on sunday you can go pick them up while they are still playing (you can't put in that week's lineup. But in our case you can't drop a player you played Sunday on a monday. I have tried to do that before.

yes its a very big league...im in first place at 5-1...we pay out to most points for the year, first place reg season, most points in a single week and the playoffs...im near most points for year and obviously first place reg season by 1 game so alot to play for...guy i am playing is 2-4 with a terrible lineup (brandon jackson, e. graham and forsett are his 3 RB's) so i think i do have a chance...and yes i have a terrible QB situation for a 2 QB league...i drafted kolb and dropped him around week 4...and also drafted campbell and well he's terrible...and just traded crabtree last week for V.Y.....but i never like drafting QB's early and i was awarded with depth at alot of positions

10 team PPR....heres how my lineup looks for this sunday

QB - Alex Smith
QB - Kerry Collins
WR - R. Moss
WR - Crayton
WR - Danario Alexander
RB - Torian
RB - Gore
RB - Bradshaw
TE - Aaron Hernandez
W/T - Woodhead
W/R - Spiller
K - Empty
DEF - San Diego
DEF - Atlanta
BN - Vince Young (INJ)
BN - D-Jax (INJ)
BN - Anthony Gonzalez (BYE)
BN - Floyd (INJ)
BN - Foster (BYE)
BN - Sanchez (BYE)
BN - Holmes (BYE)

now i know for sure once the game starts yahoo locks that player in your starting lineup as well as the bench...so im guessing since gonzo is on the bench i could drop him at any point before monday nights game and pick up a kicker...but i could be wrong

Edited by y0yoyo, 22 October 2010 - 02:01 PM.

#10 5thDown

5thDown

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:19 PM

Well a 2 QB starter makes more sense now. I'd just clear a defense for a kicker.

#11 HenryWinklerRulez

HenryWinklerRulez

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:30 PM

I do this each and every week in Yahoo. If you have a player to drop that's not in your starting lineup you can drop them at any time and add a kicker who hasn't played yet and plug them into your lineup. For instance I had Bay Bay on my bench in week 4 and he did nothing in his early game and it was 15 minutes before the later games on Sunday so I cut him and added a kicker who had yet to play and I plugged him in. Basically I like to load up my bench with players and not have a kicker all week then either add one late late or not even play a kicker. This is how you win at fantasy football, I am an expert at exploiting the system. The same can be done in ESPN league but you can't drop a player who has played even if they are on your bench, but if you have a league that has IR spot you can wait it out and sometimes u have a player who all of a sudden is OUT and u pop him into the IR spot and add a kicker.

#12 punk949

punk949

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:20 AM

Dude its a kicker...drop the one you have and pick up a new one....i have never seen so much angst over kerry collins and a kicker...you must be in a forty team league
10 team ppr

qb- matt ryan
rbs- j charles, a foster, vereen, ben tate
wrs- aj agreen, larry fitz, josh gordon, wes welker, desean jackson, sammy watkins
te- z ertz, tim wright
def-pats, chiefs
k- tucker

#13 punk949

punk949

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:30 AM

I do this each and every week in Yahoo. If you have a player to drop that's not in your starting lineup you can drop them at any time and add a kicker who hasn't played yet and plug them into your lineup. For instance I had Bay Bay on my bench in week 4 and he did nothing in his early game and it was 15 minutes before the later games on Sunday so I cut him and added a kicker who had yet to play and I plugged him in. Basically I like to load up my bench with players and not have a kicker all week then either add one late late or not even play a kicker. This is how you win at fantasy football, I am an expert at exploiting the system. The same can be done in ESPN league but you can't drop a player who has played even if they are on your bench, but if you have a league that has IR spot you can wait it out and sometimes u have a player who all of a sudden is OUT and u pop him into the IR spot and add a kicker.

Im so confused..your an expert..and you have decided that the way you win at fantasy football is exploiting the system to gain an edge with your 15th roster spot. What in the hell are we talking about. I'm not bragging but I have won my league 2 years in a row thru drafting, the waiver wire, trades, and match ups. It never even occurred to me that the key to winning was not playing a kicker so i could keep Darrius Heyward-Bey on my team for an extra week or two,
10 team ppr

qb- matt ryan
wrs- aj agreen, larry fitz, josh gordon, wes welker, desean jackson, sammy watkins
te- z ertz, tim wright
def-pats, chiefs
k- tucker

#14 punk949

punk949

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:49 AM

I stand corrected with my first post. i didnt realize it was a ten team league with 75 roster spots. given your team I cant imagine a scenario where you would have to start a running back thats averaging 4 carries per game on a 0-5 team...spiller is a pretty safe drop.
10 team ppr

qb- matt ryan
te- z ertz, tim wright
def-pats, chiefs
k- tucker

#15 HenryWinklerRulez

HenryWinklerRulez

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

Im so confused..your an expert..and you have decided that the way you win at fantasy football is exploiting the system to gain an edge with your 15th roster spot. What in the hell are we talking about. I'm not bragging but I have won my league 2 years in a row thru drafting, the waiver wire, trades, and match ups. It never even occurred to me that the key to winning was not playing a kicker so i could keep Darrius Heyward-Bey on my team for an extra week or two,

Bay Bay is Demaryius Thomas not derious heyward-suck. I assure you, if derious heyward-suck were on my team I would have cut him for any hot add like Donald Brown, Anthony Gonzo, Blair White, NINJA, Mike Will Seattle, Crayton, etc. I would agree with you that not playing a kicker and holding darious heyward-suck is a pretty bad idea but that's not the case. Not playing a kicker and instead keeping a player who potentially breaks out isn't a bad strategy. Like I said though, I would keep the kicker spot empty up till the last minute and see how Sunday plays out. I would hold potential break out players, let them play, if they do nothing then I'd cut one of them and add a kicker who is playing Sunday Night or Monday Night. Or like every Sunday, injuries happen, so the fantasy gods may dictate who you drop by breaking your players leg, so you cut him and add a kicker. I see absolutely no reason why you would waste a roster spot all week long with a kicker, the first thing I do monday is cut the kicker and add whatever break out player or replacement player I can find who is tops on the waiver wire add list, then I figure out the kicker spot later in the week. O I also sometimes do the same thing with the defense position and if I am in an IDP league I'll do the same thing with my IDP. In fact I just did it last week I went all the way till the Sunday late games to add my kicker, defense, and IDP and it was genious I completely throttled my opponent.

Edited by HenryWinklerRulez, 23 October 2010 - 10:04 AM.