Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

* * * * * 1 votes

Dez Bryant 2012 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
964 replies to this topic

#1 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Will this guy finally unleash his talent this year?  The Cowboys first drive last year made Dez look like he could be the #1 receiver and then from then on it was average at best.  He is obviously one of the most talented receivers in football but his immaturity on and off the field is hurting him.  

Does he take the next step and possibly become a Top 5 WR or will he continue to be one of the more frustrating fantasy players?

#2 BlueDevils22

BlueDevils22

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,581 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

i personally was happy w him last year and will be targeting him in all drafts this year.  but im a believer so im biased.

#3 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

If only we knew.  Opportunity is there, Laurent is gone and he has all the talent in the world.   But he seems to be  the  kinda guy who could find a way to mess things up just when he is about to become a the man.   I think he makes a jump this year....top 12 type WR but can't say top 5.

#4 Lions2014

Lions2014

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

breakout season imo

#5 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

upside WR2

all the talent in the world, but there is a reason he dropped to dallas and witten/austin keep him from being a top fantasy WR

#6 FeloniousT

FeloniousT

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

Like his upside a ton, but won't overpay at all.

#7 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

As a miserable Dallas fan, as well as a Dez owner from last season, I'm going on the record:

This fool is

ALL SHOW

and

NO GO.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#8 7247338381

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

I am also a Dallas fan and I have watched Dez closely over the past couple years. It pains me to say but I dont think he will break out. This kid is too concerned with being a celebrity and less concerned with playing football.
[size="6"]www.rotoworld.com[/size]

#9 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

It's really frustrating as both a fan and an owner because his potential is so high.  I have him as a good value keeper and I just can't seem to let him go because I know when I do is the year he finally gets his act together.   The worst part is that he can be how he is off the field if he put his time in on the field.  There was no bigger showman and celebrity in the league than Neon Deion but when he got on the field he knew how to perform.

#10 jnormy

jnormy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

So no one is buying this glimmer of hope out of Cowboys camp then?

http://cowboysblog.d...-bryants-h.html

At just 23, there's always a chance he matures and figures out what he needs to do to get to the next level. As a dynasty owner, I'm cautiously optimistic about the "working really, really hard to get better" part, but then again coachspeak in camp usually tends to be on the positive side. I was satisfied with Dez as my WR2 or 3 last year... I just wouldn't put faith in him as a #1 just yet. But the upside is definitely there...
12-team dynasty football league (non-PPR, 6 pts/TD passes), start QB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR, RB/WR, TE, K, D
2011 and 2012 FFDL CHAMPION
QBs: D. Brees, C. Kaepernick, J. Locker
RBs: A. Foster, A. Morris, Z. Stacy, C. Ivory, D. Wilson, B. Tate, B. Brown, W. McGahee
WRs: D. Bryant, D. Bowe, S. Smith, D. Moore, C. Shorts, G. Little, J. Hunter
TEs: J. Cameron, O. Daniels
K: D. Bailey
D/ST: Seahawks
Taxi: S. Bailey, M. Lattimore

#11 bdams19

bdams19

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

He seems to have fallen from where he was being taken last year.  I think if he's there late 4th/early 5th he's worth pulling the trigger around guys like VJax / DJax.

#12 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

That game vs. NYJ was a microcosm of the Dez Bryant situation imo.

1. He flashes world class talent, making none other than Darrelle Revis look average, sending Cowboy fans and ff owners into orbit over the prospects of what may be.

2. He tweaks something--a quad in this case--and does so during a punt return, thanks to his idiot coaching staff.

3. Said idiot coaching staff leaves him on the field for the duration of the game, even though the injury has rendered him useless to his team.

4. He vanishes.

So even if he has matured and become a four quarter competitor--which I doubt with almost total certainty--his coaching staff will figure out a way to use or misuse him into the ground.

Edited by Proteus, 10 May 2012 - 04:30 PM.

QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#13 theSPANKER

theSPANKER

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Cause everyone down on him....I'm BUYING!  Hope he slips in drafts.
12-man 1pt PPR redraft league, start 2 RB/2WRs with 1 RB/WR/TE Flex All TDs 6pts, 15 Man Roster

QBs - Stafford
RBs - Andre Brown, Jennings, Vereen, Sproles, Ray Rice
WRs - Dez Bryant, Desean Jackson, Allen, Bokin
TE - Reed, Walker
K - Vinatieri
Panthers, Texans D

#14 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostProteus, on 10 May 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

That game vs. NYJ was a microcosm of the Dez Bryant situation imo.

1. He flashes world class talent, making none other than Darrelle Revis look average, sending Cowboy fans and ff owners into orbit over the prospects of what may be.

2. He tweaks something--a quad in this case--and does so during a punt return, thanks to his idiot coaching staff.

3. Said idiot coaching staff leaves him on the field for the duration of the game, even though the injury has rendered him useless to his team.

4. He vanishes.

So even if he has matured and become a four quarter competitor--which I doubt with almost total certainty--his coaching staff will figure out a way to use or misuse him into the ground.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  The idea that they have their most explosive offensive weapon returning punts is ridiculous because he broke his ankle returning kicks the year before.  I understand the idea of trying to get yards on the return but if he is injured the year before why have him back out there.  I hope they don't do that s--- again.

#15 MUKerrNash

MUKerrNash

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Early ADP data says he is going late 4th round on average.

Going 5.03 in PPR drafts (according to FF calculator http://fantasyfootba...com/adp_ppr.php).

This all could change in 3 months obviously, but I would gladly take his upside in 5th round of a 12 team league.

Nearly 1000 yds last year and 9 TD's.  3rd year WR in a offense that should be clicking (I believe a healthy Miles and RB core should help).

Sign me up (in the 5th).

#16 MrArmageddon

MrArmageddon

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

Thought this blurb was interesting...

An NFL-high 87 percent of the Cowboys' offensive touchdowns were of the passing variety in 2011.
For perspective, the NFL average is 65 percent, and the Packers and Lions were the only other teams over 80 percent. The Cowboys' 33:5 pass-to-run TD ratio is sure to regress in 2012, boding well for projected workhorse and goal-line back DeMarco Murray.

Is there going to be enough to go around if, in fact, this is going to regress?
12 Team Standard Scoring

QB Tom Brady
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Matt Forte
RB/WR/TE Julius Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Jordan Cameron
D/ST Bills (Stream)
K Zuerlein (Stream)
BE Percy Harvin
BE Josh Gordon
BE Bernard Pierce
BE Andy Dalton

#17 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

I think you can probably count on him for double digit tds because they're ego boosters but he'll never get huge yardage totals. He reminds me of the years Randy Moss would quit halfway through the season, he'd still catch 12-13 tds but have like 930 yds while doing it. Still in td heavy leagues I'd roll with Bryant as a WR2.
GO VIKES!!!!!!!

#18 JDSupreme

JDSupreme

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

i have a choice between Dez and Julio as my 3rd keeper. I'll be taking Julio all day.

Dez has crazy talent but he is a freaking headcase
The Annexation of Puetro Rico (11-2) 12 Team $$$, 3 Keeper* League Std Scoring + 0.5PPR, TE optional
QB: Drew Brees*
RB: Jamaal Charles*
RB: Matt Forte* (Bobby Rainey, Michael Bush)
RB/WR: Knowshon Moreno
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR/TE: Antonio Brown
WR/TE: Josh Gordon (Keenan Allen, Jordan Cameron, Tavon Austin, Michael Floyd, Mike Brown)
D/ST: Chiefs (Colts)
K: Crosby

#19 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

I like, and I'm buying in the right round.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#20 Finally Detroit Wins

Finally Detroit Wins

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

I was just about to start a thread on him until I noticed there was one already. How can you be disappointed with 63 catches, 900+ yard guy? Most guys leading the WRs usually have about 70+ catches and 1,000 yards and with Laurent Robinson gone that will just give Dez more opportunities. I think he'll have double digit TDs and 1,000 yards this season. WR2 with WR1 upside.

View Postrraayy3, on 20 August 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

"experts" do not exist.

get sunday ticket, think for yourself.