Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Byron Buxton - OF MIN


  • Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#1 calzonesays

calzonesays

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts
  • Location:#winning

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

Supposed to be one of the real freakish athletes in the draft.  Played multiple sports in high school, hit "500 foot homers" and even pitched.  Reminds me of an Andrew McCutchen type talent at the very least.

He was drafted as an outfielder, but he can do it all.



#2 BIG SKI

BIG SKI

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

He won't be pitching
16 Team ($150 draft with $200 cap and $15 per transaction) Roto Auction Combined 5 x 4 (OB% not AVG and no pitching K's) No bench just minors which also cost $5 a year, and we pick 5 a year(23 man roster) Weekly transactions

C:$6(16)Santana,cle/$4 Ruiz,phi
1B/3B/CI:$7 LaRoche,was/$3(15) Frazier,cin/$18 Sandoval,sf
2B/SS/MI:$2(14) Roberts,nyy/ $1 Villar,hou/$8 Utley,phi
OF:$7(15) Davis,mil/$10(14) Crawford,lad/$6(14) E.Young,nym/$25 Bautista,tor/$10 Beltran,nyy
OF/UT:$1 Nava,bos
P:$1 Fernandez,mia/$8(16) Cingrani,cin/$8(16) Salazar,cle/$6(14) Jimenez,balt/$1 Hutchinson,tor/$1 Anderson,col/$1 Santos,tor/$2 Marshall,cin/$14 Papelbon,phi
MINORS:
C:d'Arnuad,nym
1B: 3B: Skole,was
2B:LaStella,atl/Betts,bos/Leyba,det SS:Lindor,cle/Hanson,pit/A.Rosario,nym/C.Herrera,col/Quinn,phi
OF:Perez,was/Tapia,col/Alford,tor/Boyd,oak/Guerrero,sea/Beras,tex/Davis,tor/Polanco,pit/Hernadez,kc/Molina,nyy/Castillo,cuba
P:Walker,sea/Giolito,was/Butler,col/Ventura,kc

#3 calzonesays

calzonesays

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts
  • Location:#winning

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

View PostBIG SKI, on 05 June 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

He won't be pitching

yeah I know, I threw it in there for kicks.  Given the Twins rotation, maybe theres 00.0001%

#4 BIG SKI

BIG SKI

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

View Postcalzonesays, on 05 June 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

View PostBIG SKI, on 05 June 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

He won't be pitching

yeah I know, I threw it in there for kicks.  Given the Twins rotation, maybe theres 00.0001%

Theres that same chance that he doesn't sign
16 Team ($150 draft with $200 cap and $15 per transaction) Roto Auction Combined 5 x 4 (OB% not AVG and no pitching K's) No bench just minors which also cost $5 a year, and we pick 5 a year(23 man roster) Weekly transactions

C:$6(16)Santana,cle/$4 Ruiz,phi
1B/3B/CI:$7 LaRoche,was/$3(15) Frazier,cin/$18 Sandoval,sf
2B/SS/MI:$2(14) Roberts,nyy/ $1 Villar,hou/$8 Utley,phi
OF:$7(15) Davis,mil/$10(14) Crawford,lad/$6(14) E.Young,nym/$25 Bautista,tor/$10 Beltran,nyy
OF/UT:$1 Nava,bos
P:$1 Fernandez,mia/$8(16) Cingrani,cin/$8(16) Salazar,cle/$6(14) Jimenez,balt/$1 Hutchinson,tor/$1 Anderson,col/$1 Santos,tor/$2 Marshall,cin/$14 Papelbon,phi
MINORS:
C:d'Arnuad,nym
1B: 3B: Skole,was
2B:LaStella,atl/Betts,bos/Leyba,det SS:Lindor,cle/Hanson,pit/A.Rosario,nym/C.Herrera,col/Quinn,phi
OF:Perez,was/Tapia,col/Alford,tor/Boyd,oak/Guerrero,sea/Beras,tex/Davis,tor/Polanco,pit/Hernadez,kc/Molina,nyy/Castillo,cuba
P:Walker,sea/Giolito,was/Butler,col/Ventura,kc

#5 DropkickAlex

DropkickAlex

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Erie, PA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Exactly. He's got 80 speed. Has great potential pop and hit tools. He's a cross between the Upton brothers. BJ Speed and Justin's hit. The power is probably between Justin and BJ.
Brooklyn Dodgers: Buffalo Baseball League: Dynasty League: 7th Year:
World Series Champion (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
American League Champion (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Division Champion (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)

#6 mpbaseball22

mpbaseball22

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:PA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Well now that hes signed.. any thoughts on him?

Edited by The Harsh, 27 June 2012 - 10:11 PM.
Removed BC content.

16 Team Dynasty with Milb rosters (40 man mlb, 35 man milb) 15 start limit, points league
McCatchin Trout
C: Posey
1B: Lind
2B: Kipnis
3B: Lamb
SS: Asdrubal
IF: Hardy
OF: McCutchen, Trout, Beltran, Harrison
U: Gattis, Walters, Moustakas
Bench: Alvarez, Ruf, Escobar, Valencia, Sizemore, Grossman, Dietrich

SP: Gio, Zimmerman, Kazmir, Cashner, Holland, Simon, Kennedy, Duffy, Morton, Hutchison, McCarthy, Miguel Gonzalez, Feldman, Wada
RP: Holland, Rosenthal, Melancon, Doolittle, Ramos, Morris, Cecil, Frieri, Giles, Andrew Bailey, Hembree

Prospects (35 man rosters):
Bundy, Dahl, Schwarber, Beede, Gillaspie, Medeiros, Raul Alcantara, Miguel A Gonzalez, Cameron Varga, Lorenzen, Lugo, Franmil Reyes, Chase Vallot, Adalberto Mejia, Lambo, Mella, Heredia, Mike Montgomery, Joan Gregorio, Wendle, Adam Brett Walker, Jefry Rodriguez, Vaugh Bryan, Palka, Kevin Franklin, Juan De Leon, Willy Adames, Cumpton, Slegers, Hockin, Max George, Hentges, DeCarr

#7 Zumayaaaa

Zumayaaaa

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Burlington, ON

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

1/3 with 1single, 1 BB and 2SB leading off in his 1st taste of MLB action. Nice debut kid.

#8 biggedge

biggedge

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

.415/.523/.642 in 15 games with Low-A Cedar Rapids.  6/10 SB's.

Looking more Eric Davis than BJ Upton so far. Twins have to be really excited about this kid.

#9 pduce242424

pduce242424

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Absolute Beast!!!

#10 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

    All-Time Great

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,907 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

He will probably be among the top 10 prospects by seasons end.  Already showing very good BB:K rates which is impressive for a young hitter of his age.  Scouts say he has elite bat speed and it is certainly showing.

#11 biggedge

biggedge

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Will be an interesting debate going forward regarding whether the Astros made the right choice taking Correa #1.  Obviously way too early to tell, and Correa has been great himself, but I thought it was a foregone conclusion leading up to the draft last year that Buxton was the guy.

#12 Jericho

Jericho

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Location:Maryland

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

View Postbiggedge, on 23 April 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Will be an interesting debate going forward regarding whether the Astros made the right choice taking Correa #1.  Obviously way too early to tell, and Correa has been great himself, but I thought it was a foregone conclusion leading up to the draft last year that Buxton was the guy.

I actually thought Appel wsa generally thought of as the "best". Although there did not seem to be a clear cut guy like when Harper or Strasburg came out.

#13 biggedge

biggedge

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostJericho, on 23 April 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

View Postbiggedge, on 23 April 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Will be an interesting debate going forward regarding whether the Astros made the right choice taking Correa #1.  Obviously way too early to tell, and Correa has been great himself, but I thought it was a foregone conclusion leading up to the draft last year that Buxton was the guy.

I actually thought Appel wsa generally thought of as the "best". Although there did not seem to be a clear cut guy like when Harper or Strasburg came out.

You're right.  I know that once there were rumblings that the Astros would pass on Appel most thought it would be Buxton.  I remember Correa kind of coming out of nowhere.  My memory might be failing me, though...

#14 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

    All-Time Great

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,907 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

He is one of my favorite prospects right now.  Very impressed with his plate discipline at such a young age.  19 BB's to 17 K's is extremely impressive.  Will be following him closely as he comes up through the ranks.

#15 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

    All-Time Great

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,907 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

http://www.milb.com/..._pbp&pid=621439

These stats are just silly.  In baseball america chat the other day they said he will probably be a top 5 prospect by the end of the year.  He could be the next Andrew McCutchen.

#16 mjk356

mjk356

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostCmilne23, on 03 May 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

http://www.milb.com/..._pbp&pid=621439

These stats are just silly.  In baseball america chat the other day they said he will probably be a top 5 prospect by the end of the year.  He could be the next Andrew McCutchen.

Is there room for him at the MLB level?  Aaron Hicks has very been impressive so far.

#17 tonguetied89

tonguetied89

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

View Postmjk356, on 03 May 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

View PostCmilne23, on 03 May 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

http://www.milb.com/..._pbp&pid=621439

These stats are just silly.  In baseball america chat the other day they said he will probably be a top 5 prospect by the end of the year.  He could be the next Andrew McCutchen.

Is there room for him at the MLB level?  Aaron Hicks has very been impressive so far.

Is this is a joke? Impressive? He's hitting .120, OBP of .230.

Edited by tonguetied89, 03 May 2013 - 02:01 AM.


#18 mjk356

mjk356

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

View Posttonguetied89, on 03 May 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

View Postmjk356, on 03 May 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

View PostCmilne23, on 03 May 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

http://www.milb.com/..._pbp&pid=621439

These stats are just silly.  In baseball america chat the other day they said he will probably be a top 5 prospect by the end of the year.  He could be the next Andrew McCutchen.

Is there room for him at the MLB level?  Aaron Hicks has very been impressive so far.

Is this is a joke? Impressive? He's hitting .120, OBP of .230.

Yeah, it's a joke man.  Cmilne and I always joke around sarcastically.

#19 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

    All-Time Great

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,907 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

View Postmjk356, on 03 May 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

View Posttonguetied89, on 03 May 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

View Postmjk356, on 03 May 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

View PostCmilne23, on 03 May 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

http://www.milb.com/..._pbp&pid=621439

These stats are just silly.  In baseball america chat the other day they said he will probably be a top 5 prospect by the end of the year.  He could be the next Andrew McCutchen.

Is there room for him at the MLB level?  Aaron Hicks has very been impressive so far.

Is this is a joke? Impressive? He's hitting .120, OBP of .230.

Yeah, it's a joke man.  Cmilne and I always joke around sarcastically.

I'm not joking.  He has been impressive.  Impressive for my streamers to rack up strikeouts against!

Edited by Cmilne23, 03 May 2013 - 02:06 AM.


#20 96mnc

96mnc

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostCmilne23, on 23 April 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

He will probably be among the top 10 prospects by seasons end.  Already showing very good BB:K rates which is impressive for a young hitter of his age.  Scouts say he has elite bat speed and it is certainly showing.

There's a good chance he's top 5.  If Taveras and Profar lose eligibility he may be the top position player prospect in baseball entering next year.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users