304 replies to this topic

#301 sharpee

sharpee

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

so we should be expecting a call up before september at the earliest if that? i just want to make sure my expectations are in check with the rest of the community. 

#302 Dahk

Dahk

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

Unless he force the issue with an explosive season, I wouldn't expect him to be up before September.  Even in a best case scenario, I wouldn't expect to see him before the ASB.  Could be wrong though.

#303 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

Love Buxton, still believe in his ability to be a future star, but last year's struggles make an early call up so unlikely.   I don't worry about the struggles as much as the missed time means Buxton lost AB's he needed to develop - so hard to see him make the multi-level jump now.  

MIN's struggles to start the season aren't really forcing the issue, either.   That team looks so devoid of any contention ability for 2016, let alone this year, that the business case to start the clock next year will be incredibly compelling.    Hate to say it as I love the guy, but he's going to have to put up a player-of-the-year level performance - and even then, as we saw with Bryant last year, if the team isn't going to contend, it still might not be enough.

Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, T. Gerhart, C-Michael, J. McKinnon, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, D. Adams, B. Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#304 sharpee

sharpee

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

yeah, this is what i was thinking as well to be honest. was hoping i was being a bit too conservative, but it really doesn't make sense that they would call him up unless he truly forces their hand. and i agree as well, that the only way he can force their hand is by putting up player-of-the-year numbers ala bryant last year. 

so, assuming he comes up in september as a best case scenario, then should we think that he will be handled in next year's draft as bryant was in this year's draft? i doubt the hype train will be as strong as it was for bryant, but i assume he will still be targeted within the top 200 picks of even redrafts? it probably goes without saying that he should be off the board much earlier in keepers. 

Edited by sharpee, 14 April 2015 - 06:14 PM.

#305 deuce4off

deuce4off

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:49 PM

so we should be expecting a call up before september at the earliest if that? i just want to make sure my expectations are in check with the rest of the community. 

I just don't see him being up this year.  He's missed so much time the last few years, and Minnesota isn't in any position to compete.  They should just let him continue to develop in the minors.  Plus he's still only 21.  No need to hurry if you're Minnesota.

I couldn't care less about your teams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users