345 replies to this topic

#341 Baur10

Baur10

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:41 PM

September call up this year or sooner? He's been pretty hot lately right?

http://www.twincitie...d-hot-not-ready

This is promising actually. Not that he'll keep up that slash line for the next 2 months but still he left room for a call up in 6 weeks.

Edited by Baur10, 24 May 2015 - 03:41 PM.

12 Team h2h OBP league, original round keeper (keep 3) 

C: Stephen Vogt
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Kolten Wong
3B: Josh Donaldson
SS: Ben Zobrist
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Jimmy Paredes
OF: Dexter Fowler
UTIL: Edwin Encarnacion
BN: Rusney Castillo, Byron Buxton, Carlos Correa, Yasiel Puig (DL)

SP: Zach Greinke, Corey Kluber, Carlos Carrasco, Yordano Ventura, Danny Salazar, Eduardo Rodriguez, Patrick Corbin (DL)
RP: Aroldis Chapman, Brad Boxberger, Shawn Tolleson

#342 smeeze

smeeze

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:53 AM

This is promising actually. Not that he'll keep up that slash line for the next 2 months but still he left room for a call up in 6 weeks.

That article was from 20 days ago, ~3 weeks ago.  He's still in AA.  Does anyone think he'll make the jump straight from AA?  I know he's mashing but he's still only 21 years old.

#343 Krayon

Krayon

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

2 for 3, 2R, HR(6), 2B

#344 FouLLine

FouLLine

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

That article was from 20 days ago, ~3 weeks ago.  He's still in AA.  Does anyone think he'll make the jump straight from AA?  I know he's mashing but he's still only 21 years old.

While I do think Buxton should crack the MLB squad before September call ups.  I don't think they should just bypass AAA.  That's more of a thing pitchers do.  Hitting is a skill that generally takes more refinement.  While Buxton is having a nice season in AA, he isn't exactly killing it in terms of his triple slash line.

Let him continue to develop.  Promote him to AAA in June.  Then if he has a few hot weeks in AAA then start considering a call up.  Right now a .829 OPS in AA with nearly a strikeout a game on the season isn't justifying a call up.  Yes he is starting to get hot and is a premier talent.  But he needs to stay hot.

If I was to bet on it, I'd say early to mid August he'd be up.  Which would be great for him to get to play with Torii Hunter.  As Trout constantly talks about how Torii helped break him into the big leagues.

"Choosing between stats and scouting is like choosing between beer and tacos. In other words, its a choice nobody should have to make, since both are great and are perhaps even better when consumed together."

Leading The War against WAR, because somebody has to!

#345 FouLLine

FouLLine

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

The Twins being in the race could accelerate his call up as well.  But I'd say there's a 1% chance he gets called up before Super Twos (coming up soon) and a 99% chance he is up in September.  I'll say 60% chance on late June and a 90% he's up in August.

Just throwing out some %'s there.

• joeyorr4 likes this

"Choosing between stats and scouting is like choosing between beer and tacos. In other words, its a choice nobody should have to make, since both are great and are perhaps even better when consumed together."

Leading The War against WAR, because somebody has to!

#346 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

He had a terrible start to the season which has really depressed his overall slash line. He also started the year wit ha 15/2 K/BB to begin with, since that point hes done much better with a 24/13 and is carrying a .302 average in the last 30 days. Guy is just acclimating to AA and at a young age, coming off a lost season. Im not in a rush to see him come up this year, but hes showing me everything I wanted to see at this point. His legs are healthy, as noted by the 13 SB and 11 3B and hes thrown in 6 HR as well as 6 2B. Hes got the ability you rarely see and so long as he stays healthy (hes played in every game so far I believe)  big things are in store.

I will say I dont see a ton of value to him going to AAA at all, mainly as hte better prospects and talent pool live in AA. AAA is far more for career minor leaguers than it is high end talent, while Im sure hell get some time there, I dont think its overly important.

• Under500Forever likes this
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users