Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostFouLLine, on 14 March 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

View Postezpkns34, on 14 March 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

View Postosb_tensor, on 13 March 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

View PostThe Milkman, on 13 March 2014 - 06:59 PM, said:

sources tell me he's a lock for a Sept call-up as long as there's no injury

Sources?

some random fan on twitter said so

I would think that if there is no injury and he performs well in the minors there's no reason not to bring him up for some September coffee. It isn't like The Twins are likely to be in contention come September.

The issue now is that the Twins are horrible and without Sano and Buxton they are a complete joke of an organization. If there was any hope of them contending within the next 10 years I'd be more excited about Buxton coming up. I own Buxton and I have no Idea on his official ETA. Im hoping it's this season and next year full time but I'm not holding my breath.

#182 sharpee

sharpee

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

forgive my ignorance, as i am assuming this must have been asked at some point in this thread, but what type of player do you guys see buxton being in the next 4-5 years / early part of his prime? is he primarily going to be a super speed guy or does he have the possibility to be a 20-25 HR + 40+ steal guy that can also hit for decent average quickly?

#183 mavsfan23

mavsfan23

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=KTIcj07KM0w

That's a good video to see what he looks like. Nice swing and looks like an athlete that can add muscle easily. His plate discipline so far has been very good, and the speed is obvious. The only thing that hasn't shown yet in his numbers is power, and I think that will come. He looks like a good strong hitter that will hit 20HR, just because. Also, I haven't heard anything but positive reviews of his character and work ethic.

He's only 20 so anything can happen but if he keeps on his current progression, the Trout upside might not be too far off base. He won't do it at the ages that Trout did, but the production could be similar.
Baseball can't get here fast enough

#184 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,079 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:41 AM

View Postsharpee, on 30 March 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

forgive my ignorance, as i am assuming this must have been asked at some point in this thread, but what type of player do you guys see buxton being in the next 4-5 years / early part of his prime? is he primarily going to be a super speed guy or does he have the possibility to be a 20-25 HR + 40+ steal guy that can also hit for decent average quickly?

Think B.J. Upton with about 30 points more in average and a few more steals a year.

#185 The Milkman

The Milkman

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostFouLLine, on 30 March 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

View Postsharpee, on 30 March 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

Think B.J. Upton with about 30 points more in average and a few more steals a year.
More like Andrew McCutchen

#186 Shortnphat

Shortnphat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostShortnphat, on 22 March 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

Sources?

I would think that if there is no injury and he performs well in the minors there's no reason not to bring him up for some September coffee. It isn't like The Twins are likely to be in contention come September.

The issue now is that the Twins are horrible and without Sano and Buxton they are a complete joke of an organization. If there was any hope of them contending within the next 10 years I'd be more excited about Buxton coming up. I own Buxton and I have no Idea on his official ETA. Im hoping it's this season and next year full time but I'm not holding my breath.

#187 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:08 AM

He's still on the minor league DL with a wrist injury.  Could possibly ruin his season and any chance he had of getting a call up

#188 MrMartyBarrett

MrMartyBarrett

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

View Postjb_power, on 06 April 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

He's still on the minor league DL with a wrist injury.  Could possibly ruin his season and any chance he had of getting a call up

The injury was said to be minor, and they've said that he was likely to miss the first 10 days or so of the season.

I'm not in the slightest bit worried at this point.

#189 MrMartyBarrett

MrMartyBarrett

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostShortnphat, on 22 March 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

Sources?

Take Buxton and Sano out, and you don't have the impact bat in the minors that you're hoping for....but Kohl Stewart, Alex Meyer, Jose Berrios and Lewis Thorpe all have shots to be impact arms.

Buxton will not be rushed.  He may be up for a cup of coffee this year.  I wouldn't count on it.

#190 fletch44

fletch44

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

Any word on when he'll be ready to go ? Was hoping to get to see him play on their trip to Portland and NH.

#191 The Milkman

The Milkman

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

View Postfletch44, on 07 April 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Any word on when he'll be ready to go ? Was hoping to get to see him play on their trip to Portland and NH.
http://hardballtalk....lay-before-may/

He won't play AA ball before May. Once he's feeling okay, he'll join extended spring training then eventually AA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users