Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

2012 Rotoworld Community Fantasy Football PPR Mock Draft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
508 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,804 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Oh boy, I can smell the cut of the grass now.  The scent of the pigskin, the sound of the helmets doing a little kiss drill (probably outlawed now).  We're getting close, can you feel it?  In that vein, I have gotten a request to start the annual tradition at RW -- the Mock Drafts.  Now, just to have some fun, let's start out with a PPR format.  PPR for you rookies is -- Point Per Reception Leagues.  Different strategy is generally employed to be successful. This will be a true Mock for the benefit of the community. No money attached, no commitment to play it out down the road (unless you all agree after the fact). Just a good ole' fashioned pick em' and analysis. This is a Points Per Reception (PPR) Mock Draft so please only sign up if you understand the format:

12 teams, 15 players, snake draft.

starting lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, TE, Team D, K

1 point per reception for RB/WR/TE/QB.

1 point per 10 yards for RB/WR/TE for rushing and receiving.

1 point per 30 yards for passing.

6 pt TDs for all positions (including QBs)

1 pt extra for 300 yard passing and 100 yard rushing/receiving

No ST yardage.

-2 for Int/fumbles

Before you post and put your name in the hat, please read below and confirm you can comply with the guidelines. Also note, that this will be a participant driven mock. The Mods will help and push along when needed, but it's up to the 12 that join to get this going and keep it headed the right direction. Thanks.

1. First confirm in descending order if the members who gave their names that they can actually be around or reachable on a regular basis for 7-14 days minimum. Once 12 are confirmed, any still left can be wait-listed for dropouts. If you can't do it, let others do it who can.

2. Wait until all 12 owners confirm their entry AND their ability to be around or reachable at least 3-4x a day, or agree to let a substitute picker choose, or leave a list with another member in the draft.

3. An agreed upon mechanism when delays during peak posting hours should be in place - leaving a pick queue or substitute picker in advance of known absences will go a long way to minimize long delays - but if excessive delays without ETA occur, it's fair for the draft to go with a plan B - which is to allow the league to draft based on need/consensus if an absence of > 4 hours takes place during daytime hours (10 AM - 8 PM ET). The clock will NOT be applied for overnight / early AM (unless you are all East Coast posters, in which the hours can be modified by unanimous agreement). If 3 or more absences of 4+ hours without pick lists / designated substitute occurs where there is no notice or advance warning given, an owner may be replaced from the wait-list.

4. The PM/listing draft picks taken done regularly here really works to keep everyone up to date & promote discussion, so Mock I participants also agree to help out with this.

5. All members can post & discuss picks made - but we leave the picks to the 12 (or their designates/plan B if they are absent).

6. Format's for the general community.

7. Any poster who is not on the list above can submit their name to be wait-listed - we may get drop-outs, and of course, Mock II is a possibility - but again, Mock I completes first.

It is imperative that you comply with these requirements, please ensure you have read carefully. Once you get 12, set a start time and away we go.......Good luck.

Also, I will add that it works best if someone in the community or perhaps two folks take the lead in the initial stages, otherwise it's hard to get off the ground.  No fighting kids and stay on your best behavior.  Have at it.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#2 FeloniousT

FeloniousT

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'll give it a whirl.

#3 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 23,804 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

BTW, Grandy is in.  He's messaged me and would like a spot reserved.

#4 Grandy

Grandy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

Yes, count me in.

Took a quick glace at last years, the standard one, and have to say drater probably took the cake on that one with Kanter not far behind. I peaked at my team and upon seeing Megatron and Stafford was initially like :lol:, then looked at the rest of my draft and got very :unsure: . Specially my RB committee of Felix, Stewart, and Ingram. After last year, I've already decided to go on a low hype fantasy diet for 2012, gonna limit my carbs. Some of the best picks of that mock: AJ Green (Spaastic/5.9), Wes Welker (drater/6,5) FJax (bwilson/6.7), Marshaun Lynch (Duckbutter/7.2), Matthew Stafford (Grandy/8.2), Jimmy Graham (mega/8.9), Smith Carolina (Kanter/9.1), Rob Gronk (Duckbutter/9.3), Jordy Nelson (drater/10.5), Reggie Bush (spaastic/11.9), Demarco Murray (mega 13.4). No Cam, I believe.

Edited by Grandy, 07 June 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#5 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm down.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#6 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

I'll be in on this.

#7 jtaylor39

jtaylor39

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

I'd like to participate.
NABL 12 team ppr $$ League
2011 Champion
2012 3rd Place
2013 2nd Place

FFAH League
2009, 2010, 2011 Champion

I cash checks.

#8 cap22usafitness

cap22usafitness

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

is this mock open to anyone? id like to get in..

#9 JMak

JMak

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

Id like to participate. I've been mocking on FF calculator a lot recently; I'm glued to my phone for work so I'd be on point with timing on picks.

#10 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

Couple things:

1. I assume we are randomizing the order, but if we aren't, I'd like to request either the 8 or 10 spot to practice for the real thing.

2. Is there any chance we say at the end, "Hey let's make a real league."

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

#11 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 23,804 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

View Postcap22usafitness, on 08 June 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

is this mock open to anyone? id like to get in..

It can be open to anyone but please ensure you read the above guidelines and can make the small commitment necessary.  Also, if you want to be included, I will say that you need to get up to 10 posts so that your PM privileges will be turned on.

#12 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'm down for a real league

Preferably a money league

#13 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

When are we starting?

#14 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 23,804 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostGottaGetTheWin, on 08 June 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

When are we starting?

When you get 12 and one alternate.  It looks like you have confirmed:

Grandy
Felonious
Proteus
Gottagetthewin
JTaylor
JMak

Guys that are up in the air:

cap22usafitness  --  needs to establish a way to communicate with him (Get PMs turned on)
rraayy3 -- Said he wanted to play in a league but didn't commit to the mock.  Two separate things.

I would imagine you can get this to fill up over the weekend and you guys can start next week.....

#15 bdams19

bdams19

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

In

#16 Tarheels_2433

Tarheels_2433

I'm the Looks, the Brains, & the Wildcard!

• Moderators
  • 8,624 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 08 June 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

When are we starting?

Grandy
Felonious
Proteus
Gottagetthewin
JTaylor
JMak

cap22usafitness  --  needs to establish a way to communicate with him (Get PMs turned on)
rraayy3 -- Said he wanted to play in a league but didn't commit to the mock.  Two separate things.

I would imagine you can get this to fill up over the weekend and you guys can start next week.....

To expand on this point...

I would caution those participating or already committed from "pushing" the idea of making this draft a "real league" and/or pushing the idea of a money league.  It could very easily scare members away from participating.  Remember the purpose of this mock draft is for the RW community.  It becomes a launching pad for discussion and debate which leads to great analysis for the upcoming season.  If after or towards the end those participating choose to create a league together with the draft results, great.  However, in the early stages I think its important to keep this thread what it is, a community mock draft.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

#17 Grandy

Grandy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostTarheels_2433, on 08 June 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

I would caution those participating or already committed from "pushing" the idea of making this draft a "real league" and/or pushing the idea of a money league. However, in the early stages I think its important to keep this thread what it is, a community mock draft.

Agree. While in theory, it'd be fun to play out and have some stakes involved, there is way too many barriers involved and drafting in the early weeks of preseason is annoying, let alone June. These mocks are good to look back on come August, to analyze certain guys values, and zoom in on where the preseason hype in getting put. That's sufficient,imo.

That said, if everyone else wants to play the league out, I'd gladly step aside and be a spectator for you guys.

#18 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 08 June 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

When are we starting?

Grandy
Felonious
Proteus
Gottagetthewin
JTaylor
JMak

To expand on this point...

I would caution those participating or already committed from "pushing" the idea of making this draft a "real league" and/or pushing the idea of a money league.  It could very easily scare members away from participating.  Remember the purpose of this mock draft is for the RW community.  It becomes a launching pad for discussion and debate which leads to great analysis for the upcoming season.  If after or towards the end those participating choose to create a league together with the draft results, great.  However, in the early stages I think its important to keep this thread what it is, a community mock draft.

Good answer. Onward with the mock.

Maybe a separate discussion about a real league with real monies will emerge either in messages or the proper forum.

#19 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostGrandy, on 08 June 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

I would caution those participating or already committed from "pushing" the idea of making this draft a "real league" and/or pushing the idea of a money league. However, in the early stages I think its important to keep this thread what it is, a community mock draft.

Agree. While in theory, it'd be fun to play out and have some stakes involved, there is way too many barriers involved and drafting in the early weeks of preseason is annoying, let alone June. These mocks are good to look back on come August, to analyze certain guys values, and zoom in on where the preseason hype in getting put. That's sufficient,imo.

That said, if everyone else wants to play the league out, I'd gladly step aside and be a spectator for you guys.

Don't bail. It's a mock.

Only a mock.

Perhaps to be mocked.

I just wanted to get that discussion point out of the way because in past years I've seen posts in the thread tend that way, right in the middle of the thing. Good to get it out of the way now.

Edited by Proteus, 08 June 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#20 bdams19

bdams19

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

I have no desire to play this league out.  It is a mock and nothing more.  If people want to do a full league, make your own thread!