Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

* - - - - 1 votes

Maurice Jones-Drew 2012 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
464 replies to this topic

#461 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostDOMESKI, on 23 December 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

What's the probable move for Tebow do to Mojo's value?

It will likely cause the hype to go overboard, which will hurt his value from a cost standpoint, but if he gets fed the way I think he will in that circumstance, the price might be worth it unless you're one of those "he's washed up lol not a lot of tread left on those tires lol" guys.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#462 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

So is MJD officially "breaking down" after the Lisfranc surgery last year? It's been debated that he's been breaking down the past two offseasons when considering his enormous workload for a smaller back. He's still under 30 so could prove us all wrong, once again, that he still has it. I tend to think he still has it in him to lead the league in rushing yards again...you gotta be worried about injuries, however, that foot injury lingered and ended up keeping him out all year last year.

He'll be a 2nd rounder which will prove either as a high overvalue or an incredible bargain next year. He'll at the very least be considered, for me. It's hard to overlook his track-record of being a top-5 back as recent as his 2011 campaign.

#463 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

For a 2nd rounder? I'll pass. I would however consider taking him in the very end of the 3rd round depending on my team, other RBs left, etc but more than likely, I wouldn't touch him until the 4th. I still think he has it in him to be a top back but I'm not one to gamble early in the draft. He's had a decent amount of injuries over his career IIRC, the Jags absolutely suck, and he missed a lot of last year. The last part could be a good thing though seeing as he would have fresh legs.

I don't think he'll be ranked any higher than the 3rd round in drafts. AD and Charles were ranked around the late 2nd/early 3rd according to the standard rankings last year so I assume he will be somewhere around the 3rd.
"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RW Mock Real League - 14 team, 6 point all TDs, .5 ppr(slow drafting)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Reggie Bush
RB2: Pierre Thomas
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Cecil Shorts III
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Cincinnati Bengals/Arizona Cardinals
Bench: Travaris Cadet, Ahmad Bradshaw, Mike Tolbert, James Starks, Mohammed Sanu Cole Beasley

#464 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

if he's sitting there at the end of the 2nd round in my 14 teamer ... i'll gladly take him. still one of the best RBs in the league and 1 of the few you know is getting 20-25 touches ... he'll probbaly be  3rd rounder in smaller leagues

the jags suck ... he's gonna break down ... pretty much the same knocks as every other year - only this time he's coming off injury so he should be relatively cheap. if he's sitting there in the 3rd round that's pretty much a no brainer, especially if he's your #2 RB. I'd be ok with him as my #1 if I grabbed a top QB/WR early.

this is all pending positive reports out of camp, naturally. i think the jags offense will be halfway decent this year now that they have some talent at WR to help move the ball.

#465 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

It's just especially tempting if you have a top-5 pick...get an AP or Foster, then turn around and grab MJD at the end of 2nd...two of the most guaranteed workloads and really no other RB's threatening their TD-upside. Love it, and you're early 3rd round pick is only a few picks away to grab at least a solid WR1.

Hopefully he looks good in OTA's and camp, sure he's an injury risk, most like every other RB, he's still under 30 though, and he's got an attractive workload.