Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

* * * * * 4 votes

Percy Harvin 2012 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
690 replies to this topic

#1 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Heh, this whole thing sort of came out of left field I think.  Harvin all of a sudden emphasizes that he's unhappy with his contract, with his salary, with his playing time, and with the coaches?  Damn, that's quite a combination.

Now the rumor is that he's requesting a trade.  I doubt that's going to happen, more than likely a restructured / extended contract.  But either way, wow at all this sudden news reports about his situation. Really out of nowhere it seems.

I mean, if he were potentially traded, the first team in my mind would be Miami.  Beyond that...Rams?  Bills?  Jags?  Colts?  Browns?  Texans?  Seahawks?  Panthers?  Broncos?  Bengals?

Those are the only teams I think would want to trade for him, given the current WR corps for each NFL team.

Edited by Robrain, 20 June 2012 - 08:36 AM.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#2 Finally Detroit Wins

Finally Detroit Wins

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Browns, Colts, Panthers, and Rams would be dream fantasy spots for owners.

Through 16 games last year, he had 120 targets (18th in the league) so his number is being called a lot. Maybe he's just fed up with his contract and losing certainly doesnt help. The Vikings have basically been a doormat since Favre left and I dont blame him for wanting a trade.

View Postrraayy3, on 20 August 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

"experts" do not exist.

get sunday ticket, think for yourself.

#3 crazy47larry

crazy47larry

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

They would have to get a King's Ransom in return for him and the only teams foolish enough to do that would be Oakland and Miami (in my humble opinion), and Oakland already broke the bank for Carson Palmer so I doubt they have much left to do it again. I think he would light the world on fire with the Rams though but I doubt he moves at all.

#4 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

Can't blame him, the Vikings are a train wreck.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#5 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

His number is certainly being called a lot, my biggest question is, if he got traded to a different team, would he see as high a number of targets?  I think the answer to that question is no.

Not to mention, with the addition of Jerome Simpson, I don't expect Harvin to exceed last year's stats for fantasy purposes, likely regress a little bit.  I don't think that Christian Ponder is the ultimate answer for that team at QB.  I don't think Peterson will be 100% to start the seaosn, which will also hurt their offense early on, imo.

WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith

#6 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostFinally Detroit Wins, on 20 June 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Browns, Colts, Panthers, and Rams would be dream fantasy spots for owners.

That was mostly what I was thinking, although I thought he could do great in MIA (their WR's are still atrocious) or SEA (reunion with Sidney Rice?  that would be interesting).  But yeah, those teams right there are severely in need of a good WR1/2 and Harvin would be an instant explosive addition.  I wonder if the Vikings signing of Jerome Simpson (1 year - $2 million) had anything to do with Harvin's recent dissatisfaction?

#7 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'm in MN and the word is they're concerned about his durability and reluctant to re-structure his contract...this could get ugly.
GO VIKES!!!!!!!

#8 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Percy Harvin pulling a DJax?  Who would have thought...

#9 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostRobrain, on 20 June 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

His number is certainly being called a lot, my biggest question is, if he got traded to a different team, would he see as high a number of targets?  I think the answer to that question is no.

Not to mention, with the addition of Jerome Simpson, I don't expect Harvin to exceed last year's stats for fantasy purposes, likely regress a little bit.  I don't think that Christian Ponder is the ultimate answer for that team at QB.  I don't think Peterson will be 100% to start the seaosn, which will also hurt their offense early on, imo.

Harvin was underutilized by the Vikings. He is a playmaker and can create scoring opportunities whenever he gets the ball. If somebody trades for him, you can bet they would be serious enough to make him a focal point of their offense. It wasn't until Peterson got injured, that Harvin started putting up some good numbers. I guess he is tired of playing second fiddle.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#10 Finally Detroit Wins

Finally Detroit Wins

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

It seems that losing is the root of this whole problem. His contract in '09 was a 5 year deal for 12 million..First round picks sign higher deals than that, and he certainly deserves more.

Baltimore and New Orleans would also be good fits.

"experts" do not exist.

#11 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

"Insiders" saying he's pissed at under utilization and wants to prove he's durable. I think they should pay him and then have him on the field every damn snap.
GO VIKES!!!!!!!

#12 Finally Detroit Wins

Finally Detroit Wins

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

I dont see why teams dont do like the Broncos' did with Peyton's contract and include an injury clause where they can reduce the salary in case he is injured.

Besides his migraines, I can only remember his shoulder injury.

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins, 20 June 2012 - 10:00 AM.

"experts" do not exist.

#13 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

The migraine issue is tricky but has nothing to do with his on-field durability which has been pretty good.

I have an inside track on info about all of this so I'll try to keep everyone updated.
GO VIKES!!!!!!!

#14 Blu Exile

Blu Exile

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Harvin is a bad a**. What other WR on the planet has his skill set or does what he does on the football field? #1 WR, the targets, the catches, playing RB (he had like 350 rushing last year) & returning kicks in the NFL.

I think if he stays in Minny his numbers only go up again this year. Dude was wasted the first 4 games or whatever that McNabb started & his numbers shot up once Ponder played. A full 16 games with more snaps & Ponder under center the whole season had me giddy.

I hope he stays in Minny & gets paid. I think that's the best place for him fantasy wise and I would love to have him as my WR2 in my 1 PPR league.

#15 StuPitt

StuPitt

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

Minnesota can not afford to trade him at this point.  Nice time to demand a trade...when the draft is over and the free agents are gone.  Minnesota can not replace him at this point.  He'll stay in Minnesota.  Maybe they give him a new deal and Frazier kisses his a**.  Harvin will give it a go.  The question remains what will happen after the season.

Also, Jerome Simpson will not affect Harvin one iota.  Simpson has underachieved his entire career up to this point.

Edited by StuPitt, 20 June 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#16 IG-88

IG-88

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

Minnesota is making a mistake if they don't restructure his contract and sign him to a long term deal. He is one of the most dynamic and exciting players in the league and the Vikes need him as a core piece of their rebuilding process.

#17 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

Harvin's now saying it's not contract-related.  That makes me think there's a very deep problem on that team that may have a much lower chance of being addressed before the season begins...definite red flags now, we know that unhappy players are rarely the top performers.

#18 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

Peterson just seemed honestly surprised about the whole thing here, he clearly didn't see the trade request coming, even asking the reporters "Wait, he actually said that?  Like, you're quoting him[Harvin]?"

#19 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

Forgot the link:

http://nbcsports.msn...893993#47893993

#20 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

If it's not contract related, he should just shut up.

At this point in the pre-season, I don't believe the coaches would be so adamant about telling Harvin his playing time will be limited in 2012 to the point where he would be requesting a trade.

Having said that, it has to be contract related... no doubt about it.
This post is rated "G".