Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Important Notice To Windows 7 / Java 7 Users.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

If you are running Windows 7 and/or Java 7 you will need to upgrade to Draft Master 2012D. Draft Master 2012D contains a fix that addressed an issue with the underlying JVM that caused Draft Master to becoume unusable. We reccomend that you run Draft Master on any version of Java 1.6. However, it should work in 1.7 now.

I will join all other topice here soon. Please continue discussions about Windows 7 / Java 7 here.

#2 ol4ol

ol4ol

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

Still no go with 2012D. During install it told me I still needed to install Java 6 and it took me to the Java website (the Java 7 download website). I have both jre6 and jre7 installed and am running Win 7. Same issues after opening 12D as 12C.
  • Can't install Player Status/ADP update
  • Can't create a team from template (nothing under the link)
  • Created a 'Test' league and nothing happens except the title bar changes.

#3 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Can you run in debug mode and send support at draft master.rotoworld.com any lines that start with ERROR please.

Have you tried the platform independent version?

#4 irish9969

irish9969

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Looks like this version loaded well. Still have some remaining issues that I posted in the last Topic but I cant find it now.

Still finding some issues so far this is would I have found:
  • Still a lot of 999 ADPs for Defenses and Kickers
  • Still for news a lot of the Defenses have Steelers information and not the Defense you selected
  • There are some newer drafted players missing.

#5 Skat0pedo1

Skat0pedo1

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Still same problem as "ol4ol" above.

Fix this please, asap, or I'm asking for a refund as well.

I am running on Windows 7 (64 bit) and Java 7.

I find it ridiculous that I'd have to downgrade to Java 6 to get the program running. Makes no logical sense. The program is brand new and should work with the most up to date operating systems.

Try getting rid of the Java 6/7 mandatory download. That what continuously forces the program to say " restart installation after java download."

#6 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

Try getting rid of the Java 6/7 mandatory download. That what continuously forces the program to say " restart installation after java download."

Does the platform independent distribution work for you?

#7 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Looks like this version loaded well. Still have some remaining issues that I posted in the last Topic but I cant find it now.

Still finding some issues so far this is would I have found:
1) Still a lot of 999 ADPs for Defenses and Kickers

This will be resolved very soon, we need more drafts to get valid adp. This usually occures by the 10th or so of July.

2) Still for news a lot of the Defenses have Steelers information and not the Defense you selected
3) There are some newer drafted players missing.

We are looking into these now.

#8 Skat0pedo1

Skat0pedo1

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

The .zip file version does not work either.

After clicking "Draftmaster" in the .zip file it says "unable to access jarfile launcher.jar"

#9 Skat0pedo1

Skat0pedo1

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Id like to note also that your flash tutorials do not work either.

#10 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

After clicking "Draftmaster" in the .zip file it says "unable to access jarfile launcher.jar"

You need to unzip the contents to a directory that you have permissions to write to. You need to have Java 1.6 or 1.7 installed.

What OS and what browser are you using?

#11 Skat0pedo1

Skat0pedo1

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

You need to unzip the contents to a directory that you have permissions to write to. You need to have Java 1.6 or 1.7 installed.

---- I unzipped the files into my download file through google chrome. I am no computer whiz to figure out the 98749879824 different java versions that exist nor how to "write to a directory". That is for you to figure out and to have this program running on up to date versions of Windows.

What OS and what browser are you using?

I am using Windows 7 and Google CHrome.

#12 ol4ol

ol4ol

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

Can you run in debug mode and send support at draft master.rotoworld.com any lines that start with ERROR please.

A few things I am noticing:
  • The dos cmd displays hundreds of lines on startup so I can't tell if there are any error lines in the beginning section because the screen will not hold all the text. From what is available there is nothing that starts with 'error', but plenty of mentions of errors in descriptions. I am sending the entire log to the email address you requested. That log also shows my attempt to run a live update and create a new league.
  • It appears that the program is trying to save the leagues to a "C:\Users\Ollie\dm\nfl\2012\leagues" directory. This seems odd, as I would expect it to save to folder within the AppData directory, as there is also a DM directory located here (C:\Users\Ollie\AppData\Local\Draft Master)

I did try the independent version and it worked much better, but then we run into issues every time a new release of the software is available. I cannot upgrade from 2012D to 2012E when the next fix comes out without deleting the folder and starting over from scratch. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help diagnose the issue.

#13 ol4ol

ol4ol

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

A few things I am noticing:
  • The dos cmd displays hundreds of lines on startup so I can't tell if there are any error lines in the beginning section because the screen will not hold all the text. From what is available there is nothing that starts with 'error', but plenty of mentions of errors in descriptions. I am sending the entire log to the email address you requested. That log also shows my attempt to run a live update and create a new league.
  • It appears that the program is trying to save the leagues to a "C:\Users\Ollie\dm\nfl\2012\leagues" directory. This seems odd, as I would expect it to save to folder within the AppData directory, as there is also a DM directory located here (C:\Users\Ollie\AppData\Local\Draft Master)

I did try the independent version and it worked much better, but then we run into issues every time a new release of the software is available. I cannot upgrade from 2012D to 2012E when the next fix comes out without deleting the folder and starting over from scratch. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help diagnose the issue.

Follow up... Out of curiosity, I uninstalled 2012D and checked my directory structure to see what was left. I still noticed some rogue folders/files in bot the AppData and the Ollie\dm directories. I manually wiped them out, uninstalled Java7 and tried running the installer again. This time the installer actually finished without popping an error and telling me I needed to dl Java (first time I have seen a completely clean install). I am not sure if it solves the problem, but it seems either the old rogue files from 2012A, etc. or the presence of Java7 was still causing the issue. Although I appear to have this working I'm sure there are others with the same problem. You may want to build in this checking for old files when you run the uninstaller. I would expect that after uninstalling that my directories by clean and just as they were before installing the application.
  • Draft Master likes this

#14 TwinChamps

TwinChamps

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

I would agree wiht ol4ol. Seems like there's a ton of useless files within the latest build (ver. D). I was able to successfully install and load an existing league. Adrian Peterson's value appears to have been addressed--not sure if that's the software or just that he got arrested yesterday. :)

One unfortunate thing, all my columns in the player pool and flags I assigned each player are not getting imported into the latest version. Can you make sure from this point forward everything within a league, the columns selected, flags, notes, etc. are carried over from one version to the next?

Thanks!

#15 Skat0pedo1

Skat0pedo1

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

I followed the advice of the above responders and uninstalled every previous version of draftmaster i had ( mlb and nfl). No issues and now the program works without any pop up for a java download. Hallelujah.

#16 spartyfi

spartyfi

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm on Win7 64bit and am having issues with my Teams tab. On the drop down, it does not give me all of the options available for my auction draft. The options listed in the drop down are: All Players, Bench Only, Starters Only and Position Counts. The missing drop downs are Auction Values; Auction Values (Advanced) and My Budget.

Am I missing something in the settings or is this a bug?

#17 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Am I missing something in the settings or is this a bug?

Can you email us (support at draftmaster.rotoworld.com) your
C:\Documents and Settings\{you}\dm\nfl\2012\leagues\{leagueName}.xml
file and I will take a look at your issue.

#18 kangkangsugaman

kangkangsugaman

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

I've installed Draft Master E but once I try to open it I get the message Generatng Schema but there is no progress. I cant provide a screen shot but it seems to be stuck on setup.setupDataBaseWizardPage.description.

Can you please advise on what I need to do in order to make this work please?

#19 kangkangsugaman

kangkangsugaman

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

I've installed Draft Master E but once I try to open it I get the message Generatng Schema but there is no progress. I cant provide a screen shot but it seems to be stuck on setup.setupDataBaseWizardPage.description.

Can you please advise on what I need to do in order to make this work please?

When can I expect an answer to my question above? I have some drafts this weekend and would appreciate a solution to use a product that I paid for. Thanks

#20 tylergra

tylergra

Just Drafted

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

I apologize if this is clearly stated or a ridiculous question but does the Draft Master work with Mac? I appreciate your time & insight!
  • thesnoman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users