Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

2012 College Football Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,910 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

Preseason Coach Poll out. College football is upon us. The pageantry, the rivalries, the loyalty.....any comments on who's over ranked? Sleeper teams to watch? Who's going to win it all?

LSU (18)
13-1

Alabama (20)
12-1

Southern California (19)
10-2

Oklahoma (1)
10-3

Oregon
12-2

Georgia
10-4

Florida State (1)
9-4

Michigan
11-2

South Carolina
11-2

Arkansas
11-2

West Virginia
10-3

Wisconsin
11-3

Michigan State
11-3

Clemson
10-4

Texas
8-5

Nebraska
9-4

TCU
11-2

Stanford
11-2

Oklahoma State
12-1

Virginia Tech
11-3

Kansas State
10-3

Boise State
12-1

Florida
7-6

Notre Dame
8-5

Auburn
8-5
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#2 Skoodog

Skoodog

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Wolverines at 8 is ridiculous. It's like their early high ranking is just to fuel the SEC's dominance over the other major conferences after Bama routs them in their season opener.

And per usual, ND should not be ranked, but with their lifetime NBC contract they have to create as much buzz as possible.
Legend has it...they don't check on the weekends...

#3 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 25,910 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

FYI, Honey Badger don't care.......about team rules. Kicked off the team and will most likely be transferring. Rumored to be failed drug tests.....I'm shocked.

#4 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,952 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

FYI, Honey Badger don't care.......about team rules. Kicked off the team and will most likely be transferring. Rumored to be failed drug tests.....I'm shocked.

Wild. Has to be a pretty egregious violation for a player of that caliber to get the boot. He'll have fun at the IAA level this fall.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#5 Skoodog

Skoodog

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Wild. Has to be a pretty egregious violation for a player of that caliber to get the boot. He'll have fun at the IAA level this fall.

Especially at the school where you don't even miss a game for curbing war heroes.

#6 kco734

kco734

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

Southern California should win it all this year. Team is loaded at every level on offense. Questions about the defense but with Lane Kiffin running the show they should be good enough on defense.

Pac 12 Champs: Southern California ( should play Oregon twice once regular season then in the P12CG

B1G Champs: Michigan Wolverines ( Tough Legends division but i think they come out on top)

SEC Champs: South Carolina ( Upset pick over LSU)

Big 12 Champs: West Virginia ( Think they beat Oklahoma at home)

ACC Champs: Florida State ( all the hype last year i think this year they come thru)

Big East Champs: Louisville ( Underrated team could win a BCS Bowl this year)

Mountain West: Boise State ( team looses a lot of depth but MWC is pretty weak)

Conference USA: Houston Cougars ( Lose Chase Keenum but pretty loaded offense)

Edited by kco734, 24 August 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#7 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

Denard Robinson has looked like fried garbage against 'Bama. The Tide D is a brick wall, but he's missing open receivers and not even trying to run. Not to mention just now throwing a pick that looked like me out there playing the defending champs. Figured as a senior, his poise would increase enough to keep Michigan in this game, but I was completely wrong. Really surprised we haven't seen Gardner yet.

#8 megamoviejohn

megamoviejohn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Saban just shut the offense down since the 2nd quarter which was expected but still sucks.

Also, sorry Lacy, but Yeldon is going to be amazing. Prepare to be #2.

Edited by megamoviejohn, 01 September 2012 - 10:02 PM.

Rotoworld Dynasty Football League
12 Teams- .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, RB/WR, TE, Full Flex, D/ST, K
2010, 2012, 2013 Champions
QB: Kaepernick, Rivers, Palmer
RB: Peterson, Charles, McCoy, Lacy, Helu,
WR: J. Jones, Marshall, J. Gordon, DeAndrew Hopkins, Shorts, Bowe, Bailey, Landry
TE: Grownkowski, V. Davis, Ertz
K: Graham
D/ST: New England Patriots, Bears

#9 2Balls

2Balls

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Denard Robinson has looked like fried garbage against 'Bama. The Tide D is a brick wall, but he's missing open receivers and not even trying to run. Not to mention just now throwing a pick that looked like me out there playing the defending champs. Figured as a senior, his poise would increase enough to keep Michigan in this game, but I was completely wrong. Really surprised we haven't seen Gardner yet.

Denard has regressed as a passer since his sophomore year. Michigan will not beat a top defense like Alabama. Unfortunately, that means losing to State again. That defense will make Denard look bad again, and L.Bell will run all over the defense. I'm expecting 8-4...tops.

You mention Gardner, did you notice he wasn't the one warming up when Denard was shaken up? Not sure if it's his choice or Hoke's, but Gardner does not appear to be in the QB mix at all. Maybe they figure Denard will finish out the year, then it will be the Shane Morris Era.

#10 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Denard has regressed as a passer since his sophomore year. Michigan will not beat a top defense like Alabama. Unfortunately, that means losing to State again. That defense will make Denard look bad again, and L.Bell will run all over the defense. I'm expecting 8-4...tops.

You mention Gardner, did you notice he wasn't the one warming up when Denard was shaken up? Not sure if it's his choice or Hoke's, but Gardner does not appear to be in the QB mix at all. Maybe they figure Denard will finish out the year, then it will be the Shane Morris Era.

Wouldn't be surprised at all with 8-4. Hoping Robinson just had an off game and will show up against the top B1G teams.

I don't feel as if Gardner ever has been given a shot. A series every now and then is not enough time for a guy to get a rhythm and prove he can or can't do it. I figure the coaching staff views Denard as a leader and that would rattle his cage too much. One of the most exciting QB's to ever (not) lace it up at U of M, but can't throw enough to keep a good defense honest. Hoping for 10-2, expecting 9-3, wouldn't be surprised at all by 8-4.

#11 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 25,910 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

Example #17 of why da U will never.....ever be back.....For their game today:

Posted Image

#12 megamoviejohn

megamoviejohn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

I enjoyed watching USC and that mighty offense lose to Stanford tonight.

Overall it seems like a real down year for most teams unlike last year when there were a lot of really good teams. Alabama still hasn't played a team yet with a good passing QB but their defense is looking good so far.
WR: J. Jones, Marshall, J. Gordon, DeAndrew Hopkins, Shorts, Bowe, Bailey, Landry

#13 Skoodog

Skoodog

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Well, the B1G is pretty bad. The end of season Michigan-OSU rivalry is going to be a GREAT game.

#14 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,952 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

I enjoyed watching USC and that mighty offense lose to Stanford tonight.

Overall it seems like a real down year for most teams unlike last year when there were a lot of really good teams. Alabama still hasn't played a team yet with a good passing QB but their defense is looking good so far.

I was sitting in a bar in Chicago for this game and while I hate USC, I couldnt stand the hipsters rooting for Stanford, ere go I became a very vocal USC fan for a night.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#15 megamoviejohn

megamoviejohn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Very sad for Lattimore, injury was just brutal. :(

Also interesting few weeks as well. Florida just lost to Georgia, USC lost its second game of the year who was really the only road block to stop Oregon but Oregon will likely destroy them. Kansas State looks likely to go undefeated so it'll be interesting to see who goes #2 if Alabama stays undefeated (3 should be tough games in a row).

edit- forgot about Oregon State playing Oregon, I haven't watched a single Oregon State game so I can't say anything about them.

Edited by megamoviejohn, 27 October 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#16 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

If K-State, Oregon, and ND all go undefeated, K-State will have the best opposition and without the margin of victory aspect, I think they get the nod. Personally I don't think anyone can beat Alabama anyway so it doesn't matter TOO much. Bring on the playoff.

#17 megamoviejohn

megamoviejohn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

If K-State, Oregon, and ND all go undefeated, K-State will have the best opposition and without the margin of victory aspect, I think they get the nod. Personally I don't think anyone can beat Alabama anyway so it doesn't matter TOO much. Bring on the playoff.

Can't believe Alabama beat LSU tonight. That 2nd half LSU destroyed Alabama's secondary. 40 minutes possession LSU, 20 minutes Alabama, just insane to see that. More nervous than ever for Bama to play Johnny Football next week after seeing bama's CB's get dominated all night.

#18 Crims0n

Crims0n

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Is there a better QB in college than Steady Teddy Bridgewater? I hope the Raiders can snag him when he decides to come out. STUD. He's the black Andrew Luck.

#19 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Is there a better QB in college than Steady Teddy Bridgewater? I hope the Raiders can snag him when he decides to come out. STUD. He's the black Andrew Luck.

I teach in Louisville so I get to see plenty of the Cards and I can't say Bridgewater has seen enough competition to establish himself as the best. He's most definitely been up to the challenge against a sad Big East, but not really any defenses that I think of very highly. Cards will have a challenge to get past Rutgers (very solid defense)and if they do, we will get to see Bridgewater in a high profile bowl game which should give some insight as to whether he is truly elite.

#20 megamoviejohn

megamoviejohn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

Kansas State and Oregon both losing gives Alabama a second shot. Oregon yet again loses to a team that can play defense. I was more surprised Kansas State looked so awful against Baylor.