Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bryce Brown 2012 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1024 replies to this topic

#1 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

http://bleacherrepor...adelphia-eagles

Looks like he may have locked up the number two spot in the eagles back field....don't know much about the kid but only 104 carries at the college level drafted with the eagles last pick and ranked HIGHER than Trent Richardson coming out of high school? must have been having some issues to quit two different schools and declare for the draft anyway....6 foot 223lbs and a 4.40ish 40 time I am intrigued....

some other interesting reads but he doesn't know who bo jackson is?

http://www.govolsxtr...eagles/?print=1

http://recruiting.sc...c=1&nid=2937110

http://www.lostlette...yce-brown-saga/

http://www.phillymag...-a-bigger-role/

#2 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

http://www.csnphilly...9503&feedID=692

Wow, can't believe he has catapulted up to Shady's direct backup already.

The tools were always there, it's the brain has been MIA.

Edited by Deadpool, 07 September 2012 - 09:24 PM.

12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez
RB: Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Mark Ingram, LeGarrette Blount, Jonas Gray
WR: Josh Gordon, Odell Beckham Jr, Roddy White, Vincent Jackson
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

#3 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,358 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

def. feel like he is someone to watch, clearly the talent is there....shady has been awesome but isn't exactly built to take a pounding and wonder how long it will take for brown to get 5 to 10 carries a game

#4 Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

This guy is ridiculously talented. Some shady stuff went down with his recruitment (Lane Kiffin), but he was finally cleared by NCAA. Served primarily as Hardesty's backup his frosh year. After that year Kiffin went to USC, and Brown didn't like Derek Dooley's disciplinarian approach to coaching, so he announced on first day of spring ball he was transferring to K-State to be closer to home. Dooley at first said he wouldn't release him but finally relented. While he was sitting out his mandatory one year Bryce and his father were then linked to Miami booster Nevin Shapiro, and subsequently left that school after 3 carries in 3 games. He was the legit number 1 rb prospect over Richardson coming out of high school. From the neck down he is as good as anyone, bar none.

Edited by Colonel Kurtz, 07 September 2012 - 10:43 PM.

#5 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,358 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

sounds like a real nice lottery ticket esp. since the hillman demotion opens up a spot on my roster for a new stash...

#6 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Oh the mainstream media is checking this guy now. Yeah he is like a beast that played 2 snaps in college. Pretty cool, definitely gonna be watching him if he gets on the field this season.

Wake up.

#7 Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

I keep up with college football recruiting pretty well and another thing to consider is that he was the number 1 overall prospect in the country regardless of position, Richardson was 6 overall. That is exceedingly rare that recruiting services give the number one spot to a rb. Peterson was the last one I remember before him. The best rb prospects typically always get slotted 5 or 6, like McFadden, lattimore, dyer, etc. Usually the number 1 spot goes to a lineman more often than not. So my point is coming out of high school after all the camps the experts were calling him a once every decade type talent. He has all the physical ability in the world.

#8 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,358 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

Not trying to be one of those guys but anyone else feeling some garbage time stats and maybe even a td against Cleveland?

#9 FouLLine

FouLLine

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,027 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

sounds like a real nice lottery ticket esp. since the hillman demotion opens up a spot on my roster for a new stash...

Exactly... no one I'm rushing to pick up but hes on the watcb list for sure!!

#10 vano23

vano23

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Not trying to be one of those guys but anyone else feeling some garbage time stats and maybe even a td against Cleveland?

I can definitely see this happening. Eagles get out to a big lead and then spare shady the 4th quarter to see what Brown can do.

Assuming Brown keeps progressing, what's a realistic target for touches per game for him this year with a healthy McCoy? 10?

Reid said that he wants to use McCoy less this season but I'm skeptical. Eagles never run as much as they should and even with multiple talented backs on the roster I feel like Andy will still always go pass first.

12 Team Standard - QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1RB-WR-TE/K/DST

QB: R.Wilson, C.Newton
RB: M.Lynch, Z.Stacy, F.Jackson, A.Bradshaw, I.Crowell
WR: C.Johnson, R.White, K.Benjamin, J.Hunter
TE: J.Cameron, T.Kelce
K: D.Carpenter
DST: CIN

#11 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

could this guy carve out a change of pace/goal line role? reid said he wants to reduce mccoy's workload ...

#12 herschel

herschel

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

So is he ahead of Dion Lewis in terms of mccoys handcuff?
12 team, PPR, redraft

QB - Romo, Cam
RB - Lacy, R. Matthews, CJ Anderson, J. McKinnon, Ivory, Chris Johnson, Starks
WR - A. Brown, Hilton, Decker, Shorts
TE - Gronk
K - Hauschka
DST - Chargers, Rams

#13 Blu Exile

Blu Exile

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Lewis has a hammy injury, not sure if he'll play. I guess we'll find out where Brown stands after the game Sunday.

I'm so tempted to take a flier on this guy before tomorrow.

#14 vano23

vano23

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Lewis has a hammy injury, not sure if he'll play. I guess we'll find out where Brown stands after the game Sunday.

I'm so tempted to take a flier on this guy before tomorrow.

Me too. All of the reports locally say Brown has outplayed Lewis and it seems like he might have a bigger than expected role tomorrow.

But, like someone else in this thread stated it's a shame Brown is on the Eagles and not a team with no clear feature back. Upside then would be a lot higher.

#15 Blu Exile

Blu Exile

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

I just picked this guy up in a re-draft league.

I figure if McCoy gets hurt, Lewis stays hurt, & he beats out Polk, he might have value. Lol

#16 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

They are saying Polk is good too but you also need to know that those are the only 4 RBs on the team, so one of them will be playing fullback. Early reports indicate that Polk will fill that role.

Wake up.

#17 vano23

vano23

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

They are saying Polk is good too but you also need to know that those are the only 4 RBs on the team, so one of them will be playing fullback. Early reports indicate that Polk will fill that role.

Wrong. Havili is the FB on the roster.

I think they kept Polk on the 53 because they didn't think he would make it to their practice squad without getting claimed. Doubt Polk is active many games barring injuries to the other guys in front of him.

#18 Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

My opinion is that unless Shady gets hurt Brown will have little value this year. I would certainly keep a close eye on him because of his pure talent and Reid stating that he wants to lessen mccoy's workload but I don't see more than 5 carries a game. This is all speculation on my part so treat it as such. Dynasty leagues I view him as a great stash.

#19 djc373

djc373

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Talent is there but the eagles have 4 talented backs. Even if Shady got hurt, I would think it would be a RBBC depending on who the Eagles trust to block for Vick.

#20 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

Wrong. Havili is the FB on the roster.

I think they kept Polk on the 53 because they didn't think he would make it to their practice squad without getting claimed. Doubt Polk is active many games barring injuries to the other guys in front of him.

This.

Polk was being considered for fullback, but that's not his game. He forced the Eagles to keep him on the roster with the way he ran the ball in the last PS game, and even though he's at the bottom of the totem pole, they really like him.

It's hard to roster Brown right now given the fact that Shady is fully healthy and figure to still dominate the RB touches, especially in redraft, but I agree that he's an intriguing dynasty stash. As the season unfolds, we'll get a better idea of how Ried may lighten Shady's workload, and that may shake loose enough carries for Brown to be someone usable.
SoB Tifo ~ AD FINEM FIDELIS ~ Bearfight Brigade

"Oh, you can't scare me, I'm stickin' to the Union!"