Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Ricky Rubio 2012-2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
544 replies to this topic

#1 daniel82

daniel82

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Recent news suggests Rubio is on track for December return.

Is he worth holding until then? Should have 45+ games in him but taking up valuable roster space until then.

Will you be taking a chance on him?

#2 basketballfanatic

basketballfanatic

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

depends on your competition before and during december and how many teams make it to the playoffs in your league. if the teams youre playing are point guard heavy, keeping rubio may not be worth it, unless you get another good point guard. your assessment of 45 good games seems about right if he can come back from injury 100%, so its up to you.

#3 silianrail

silianrail

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Maybe if you drop Henderson for A.Miller or Hinrich, who may be on your wire. They could help you along 'til RR gets back.

#4 basketballfanatic

basketballfanatic

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Maybe if you drop Henderson for A.Miller or Hinrich, who may be on your wire. They could help you along 'til RR gets back.

miller would be a great option, but im not so sure about hinrich, since hell be on a timeshare with robinson and teague.

#5 silianrail

silianrail

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Nate won't run the point too much, and the kid is raw. Hinrich will see a lot of minutes.

#6 patentboy23

patentboy23

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

I'd take Rubio in the late rounds. Def. worth it if he's your 3rd or 4th PG. Handcuffing Ridnour would be a smart move since he may get big mins till Rubio comes back.

12 team h2h 12 cat (FGM, FTM, O Rebs)

PG- M. Conley, J. Lin, A. Burks

SG- G. Hayward, K. Martin 

SF- T. Jones, D. Gallinari, E. Illyasova

PF- A. Davis, D. Nowitzki, D. Favors

C- A. Horford, H. Sims

14 team h2h 9 cat

PG- R. Westbrook, D. Williams, J. Jack

SG- J. Green, R. Jackson

SF- P. Pierce, T. Ross

PF- D. Nowitzki, D. West, Marcus Morris

C- P. Gasol, J. Valanciunas 

#7 basketballfanatic

basketballfanatic

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

Nate won't run the point too much, and the kid is raw. Hinrich will see a lot of minutes.

i just dont see hinrich getting a lot of assists, because that wasnt his strength even in his prime. i could see robinson giving hinrich a run for his money if the bulls are looking for offense from their point guard position after what robinson did with the warriors.

#8 daniel82

daniel82

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

Miller is not on my wire, Hinrich is, but I tend to agree with basketballfanatic, not sue if hinrich is capable of giving me assists. If miller was available i'd definitely ditch henderson. Maybe i'll offer a trade to make that happen.

#9 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,785 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

I like Rubio in the late rounds. As always though carrying an injured player for 2 months really robs you of opportunity cost with respect to waiver wire talent. I think I am passing next year...
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#10 the1gq2nvy

the1gq2nvy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Im debating i should pick up and hold rubio. This year the situation is a little bit different. Last year they had ridnour and rubio as sg/pg in the back court. This year they have brandon roy at SG who apparently is set to play 30 mins. I don't see rubio just coming in and unseating ridnour specially if they already developed team chemistry and ridnour is fairly decent. Its the risk of holding him for 1.5 month and being eased in and possible time share with ridnour. What do you guys think?

Edited by the1gq2nvy, 02 November 2012 - 12:19 AM.

14 team Head to Head Money league

PG- D. Will
G- M.Conley
G - D. Lillard
SG- Jr. Smith
SF- Delfino
F- Amir Johnson
F- M. Webster
PF- D. Cousins
C- T. Splitter
C. B.Lopez
Bn: Rubio, Charlie V, M.Barnes, Bogut

#11 bloopy

bloopy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

even with his atrocious shooting, rubio has potential to be top-50 value with his elite assists and steals. i think he's worth a stash in h2h weekly lineup leagues.
13.9 pts, 5.4 rebs, 3.3 asts, 1.0 stls, 0.7 blks, 1.0 3pm, 1.9 to, 46 FG%, 78 FT%

#12 Oriole Way

Oriole Way

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Im debating i should pick up and hold rubio. This year the situation is a little bit different. Last year they had ridnour and rubio as sg/pg in the back court. This year they have brandon roy at SG who apparently is set to play 30 mins. I don't see rubio just coming in and unseating ridnour specially if they already developed team chemistry and ridnour is fairly decent. Its the risk of holding him for 1.5 month and being eased in and possible time share with ridnour. What do you guys think?

The chances of Roy staying healthy, and also playing close to 30 minutes, are close to 0 percent. The thing about Roy's injuries are that they are nagging, and they require management. As soon as he has any sort of pain, they'll start managing his minutes, and he'll start playing less than 25 minutes per game. Then come the missed second games of back-to-backs, then come the sudden missed games, followed by a shutdown. Projecting Roy to be playing major minutes when Rubio comes back is unrealistic. Plus, Rubio is the future of the franchise. I'm sure the Wolves will be careful with him at first, but they're not going to stick him on the bench because of chemistry between two veterans who don't fit into the team's long-term plans. Ridnour is a role player and Roy is a lottery ticket for them.

Edited by Oriole Way, 02 November 2012 - 02:02 AM.

#13 Chubbles

Chubbles

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Ridnour does not scare me in any way of taking the job and running away with it. He's a back-up pg on a decent team, he will go back to that role if Rubio is even at 75% when he comes back.
16 Team 10 Player Keeper (2013 Champion!!!!!)
Hitters: Molina, Davis, Tulowitzki, Pedroia, Beltre, Ellsbury, Puig, Kemp, Melky, Prado, Russell, Reyes, Hill, Grandal, Josh hamilton, Morneau

Pitchers: Wainwright, Fernandez, Bumgarner, Hamels, Lincecum, Ventura, Chavez, Kazmir, Bauer, Mejia, Britton

#14 the1gq2nvy

the1gq2nvy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

well, i used my number 5 waiver to get him. Besides him there was no other PG left in my 14 teamer so worth a stash. In my league looks like almost every team is holding onto at least one guy injured.

PG- D. Will
G- M.Conley
G - D. Lillard
SG- Jr. Smith
SF- Delfino
F- Amir Johnson
F- M. Webster
PF- D. Cousins
C- T. Splitter
C. B.Lopez

#15 posey_MVP

posey_MVP

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

He practiced today. "Ricky Rubio took part in 5-of-0 drills during the Timberwolves practice on Sunday."

Anyone thinks he comes back mid December? Thinking about picking him up.. But it's hard in daily leagues..

#16 Pusherman

Pusherman

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

He practiced today. "Ricky Rubio took part in 5-of-0 drills during the Timberwolves practice on Sunday."

Anyone thinks he comes back mid December? Thinking about picking him up.. But it's hard in daily leagues..

Now seems as good a time as any to go ahead and grab him. That being said, it's tough to say how long it will take until he's back to his old self, or if he even will be back to his old self this season. Clearly his passing won't be severely impacted by his ACL issues, but his steals certainly could be. Once you take those away he's just a bad shooter who racks up a lot of assists.

#17 Chubbles

Chubbles

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

I think they'll try and ease him in as well...assuming they don't lose another player to injury. He should be a solid source for assists as the season goes on but I would project his minutes to ramp up slowly.
16 Team 10 Player Keeper (2013 Champion!!!!!)
Hitters: Molina, Davis, Tulowitzki, Pedroia, Beltre, Ellsbury, Puig, Kemp, Melky, Prado, Russell, Reyes, Hill, Grandal, Josh hamilton, Morneau

Pitchers: Wainwright, Fernandez, Bumgarner, Hamels, Lincecum, Ventura, Chavez, Kazmir, Bauer, Mejia, Britton

#18 the1gq2nvy

the1gq2nvy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

yea i have him stashed. Main thing going for him and minnesota's injuries woes. I figure once rubio is back, they will put ridnour at SG just like the lineup they had last year.

PG- D. Will
G- M.Conley
G - D. Lillard
SG- Jr. Smith
SF- Delfino
F- Amir Johnson
F- M. Webster
PF- D. Cousins
C- T. Splitter
C. B.Lopez

#19 DLG10

DLG10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I'm hoping Shev starts @ SG when Rubio returns and Ridnour is backup PG.

#20 tazdingo

tazdingo

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,058 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

Hmmmm... Is it really the time to grab him now?? I know he got injured in December last year but I think an ACL injury takes 13-14 months to fully recover without complications... You'd think the Wolves management would be more careful with their star PG...
TEAM A: 12 team, 9-cat roto league on Yahoo! (8th pick overall)

G: J. Wall, J. Holiday, I. Thomas, Jordan Crawford
F: E. Ilyasova, L. James, W. Chandler, C. Frye, C. Brewer
C: S. Hawes, D. Favors, A. Davis, M. Gasol