357 replies to this topic

#1 RapsnRox

RapsnRox

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Looks like the starting PG for the Hornets is going really late in drafts. Projections?

#2 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,053 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

13.5ppg-3rpg-6.5apg-1.5 steals-1.1 3ptm-2.3 tos-42%fgs

Looks like the starting PG for the Hornets is going really late in drafts. Projections?

EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#3 BoredSam

BoredSam

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

I don't know enough about how Gordon plays, does he need the ball in his hands to score or can he exist with a true point?

Halo XII: 12 team 9 cat h2h
G: Conley, Dragic, Wroten, Burks
F: Durant (IR), T.Evans, Copeland, Markieff, Draymond, Giannis
C: Ibaka, Sanders, Noel

Halo Keeper: 11 team 9 cat roto keeper (5th season)
G: Irving, Curry, Dragic, Dan.Green
F: West, Draymond, Giannis, MKG, Ilyasova
C: Love, Gortat, Duncan

GME: 10 team 9 cat (ast/to ratio) h2h
G: Curry, Lillard, Bledsoe, Wroten, Beal
F: Parsons, Stephenson, T.Harris, Giannis
C: Noah, Noel, Sanders, Asik

#4 fredrick.brewer

fredrick.brewer

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Interests:Playing and watching sports
    Video games
    Cubs, Sox, Bulls, Bears!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

I don't know enough about how Gordon plays, does he need the ball in his hands to score or can he exist with a true point?

Yes and no...the troubling part was what he said over the summer about wanting to be a facilitator and creating shots for his teammates.
I thought it was weird...
  • Travis_Fryman#17 likes this
8-Man FFL Keeper League
Active Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE, DST, K
TD heavy, 10 pts.

QB:
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB:
WR/TE: Calvin Johnson
WR/TE: Dez Bryant
WR/TE:
DST,
K

#5 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

Yes and no...the troubling part was what he said over the summer about wanting to be a facilitator and creating shots for his teammates.

Actually Gordon is pretty decent at facilitating the ball.

#6 fredrick.brewer

fredrick.brewer

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Interests:Playing and watching sports
    Video games
    Cubs, Sox, Bulls, Bears!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Actually Gordon is pretty decent at facilitating the ball.

Didnt say he wasnt, just the fact that he is a SG and what that would mean to guys like rivers, vazquez, and at one point jack. It will be interesting to see.
8-Man FFL Keeper League
Active Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE, DST, K
TD heavy, 10 pts.

QB:
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB:
WR/TE: Calvin Johnson
WR/TE: Dez Bryant
WR/TE:
DST,
K

#7 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,053 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Im bumping Vasquez a round or 2 with news that Eric Gordon is already having knee issues

#8 paul.aynilian

paul.aynilian

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:"Both teams played hard, man"
    "Ball Don't Lie!"

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

There was a Roto note that said Rivers is the frontrunner for the starting job, although it came from a 3rd party, not Hornets camp

http://www.rotoworld...1/austin-rivers

Edited by paul.aynilian, 01 October 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#9 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,053 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Rivers isnt ready to start in the NBA and play at a high level yet. He'll back up Gordon and GV at both guard slots though could be forced into more mins if Gordon misses time (which I totally expect).

There was a Roto note that said Rivers is the frontrunner for the starting job, although it came from a 3rd party, not Hornets camp

http://www.rotoworld...1/austin-rivers

• aaa1 likes this

#10 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

I may not be as high on Vasquez as CoH (that dudes' snortin him through his left nostril), but check it out:

http://www.nola.com/...ard_grei_3.html

The feeling is evidently mutual. During an NBA-TV interview on Thursday as part of the network's Real Training Camp show, Hornets General Manager Dell Demps offered Vasquez as someone who would surprise this season, labeling him the team's leader.
According to the job description, that is just what a point guard should be.

• w00funk, Code of Hammurabi and patentboy23 like this
"He hears the crescendoing last chords of the national anthem and sees the great open horseshoe of the grandstand and that unfolding vision of the grass that always seems to mean he has stepped outside his life - the rubbed shine that sweeps and bends from the raked dirt of the infield out to the high green fences. It is the excitement of a revealed thing."

#11 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

I may not be as high on Vasquez as CoH (that dudes' snortin him through his left nostril), but check it out:

The feeling is evidently mutual. During an NBA-TV interview on Thursday as part of the network's Real Training Camp show, Hornets General Manager Dell Demps offered Vasquez as someone who would surprise this season, labeling him the team's leader.

That's an excellent ***** scoop by the way. If someone don't like that s--- I'll be mildly upset.
"He hears the crescendoing last chords of the national anthem and sees the great open horseshoe of the grandstand and that unfolding vision of the grass that always seems to mean he has stepped outside his life - the rubbed shine that sweeps and bends from the raked dirt of the infield out to the high green fences. It is the excitement of a revealed thing."

#12 lbjames6

lbjames6

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for that. Pretty much solidifies what I've been thinking since the summer. If and when Gordon goes down Greivis will start to score more, however his TO's will go up too. Probably his FG% as well. I like him for his counting stats though.

Yahoo $$$ 12 Team 9-Cat

PG - Russell Westbrook, Jeff Teague, Reggie Jackson, Isaiah Thomas

SG - Kobe Bryant, Terrence Ross

SF - Thaddeus Young, Tony Allen

PF - Dirk Nowitzki, Amir Johnson, Amar'e Stoudemire

C - Robin Lopez, Timofey Mozgov, Mason Plumlee, Miles Plumlee

#13 Izanagi

Izanagi

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

As a hornets fan i'll say draft general grevis with confidence.

12.0/6.5/3.0 with a steal and three per game
Saints,Pelicans,Sharks and Nationals Fan

#14 Travis_Fryman#17

Travis_Fryman#17

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Vasquez is a stop gap. A benefactor in a favorable situation. With that said he's definitely rosterable until Eric Gordon proves he's ready to play in an everyday basis. And even though I don't really like Austin Rivers, I think they give him every chance to fail miserably, which probably pinches GV. Nawlins will run with their high draft picks, especially in the latter part of the season.
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.
- Charles Bukowski

#15 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,053 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

I am prolly biased but i think that GV is more than a stop gap. They clearly believed in him enough to move Jack who is a decent starting caliber PG on a cheap contract. I dont think Rivers is a PG and is better suited to primarily back up the SG position (and perhaps cover for oft injured Gordon) and play in spurts as the backup PG. The staff loves Vasquez there and when you watch him you can really see why. He is an above average decision maker with the rock. He see the floor very well, mostly in part due to his legit 6'6 height. He's a throwback player with a unique ability to probe the defense, react accordingly and generally make the right basketball decision. I really like the addition of Ryan Anderson and Davis to help boost assist numbers. If Gordon is healthy he'll also be another option on the wings for GV's dish and drive type game. He's outside shot, esp from three range is still developing but he is about as hard of a worker as there is. I stand by my previous predictions in this thread. He had some pretty big assist numbers in his 25 starts last year and it wouldnt surprise me to see him flirt with 7.5 Apg (as a ceiling). From a fantasy standpoint profile wise, he's kind of a mix of Calderon and Mike Conley imo.

Vasquez is a stop gap. A benefactor in a favorable situation. With that said he's definitely rosterable until Eric Gordon proves he's ready to play in an everyday basis. And even though I don't really like Austin Rivers, I think they give him every chance to fail miserably, which probably pinches GV. Nawlins will run with their high draft picks, especially in the latter part of the season.

• Izanagi likes this

#16 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,053 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Actually its my right nostril :lol:

• SundayKindofLove likes this

#17 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,886 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

The Hornets really need a facilitator out there. Gordon is a nice spot-up shooter and their big men (Davis and Anderson) will both benefit a ton from getting nice set-ups. Davis for dunks and Anderson for 3's. I think the potential for something like 11-8 is out there. While a lot of people were high on Rivers, he isn't a point guard and I doubt the Hornets are going to play him and Gordon alongside each other for major minutes.

#18 KillaPetehog

KillaPetehog

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

With the latest news to Eric gordon, I'm bumping Vasquez up in the charts.

#19 derrick8718

derrick8718

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

It seems like he'll reach his potential with good playing time this year. I'd predict 28-30 MPG.
Looking for an active and serious fantasy basketball league....

#20 Izanagi

Izanagi

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

I am prolly biased but i think that GV is more than a stop gap. They clearly believed in him enough to move Jack who is a decent starting caliber PG on a cheap contract. I dont think Rivers is a PG and is better suited to primarily back up the SG position (and perhaps cover for oft injured Gordon) and play in spurts as the backup PG. The staff loves Vasquez there and when you watch him you can really see why. He is an above average decision maker with the rock. He see the floor very well, mostly in part due to his legit 6'6 height. He's a throwback player with a unique ability to probe the defense, react accordingly and generally make the right basketball decision. I really like the addition of Ryan Anderson and Davis to help boost assist numbers. If Gordon is healthy he'll also be another option on the wings for GV's dish and drive type game. He's outside shot, esp from three range is still developing but he is about as hard of a worker as there is. I stand by my previous predictions in this thread. He had some pretty big assist numbers in his 25 starts last year and it wouldnt surprise me to see him flirt with 7.5 Apg (as a ceiling). From a fantasy standpoint profile wise, he's kind of a mix of Calderon and Mike Conley imo.

I concur COH,as a hornets fan i'm excited to see how Grevis and the rest of the guys do.
Saints,Pelicans,Sharks and Nationals Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users