Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Andrew Bogut 2012-2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
522 replies to this topic

#1 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,765 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

I really like where he has been getting slotted/drafted thus far. Generally he's been available in the late 6th and early 7th round. The health has clearly been a concern in the past, but that has partially been priced into his draft position. His situation reminds me a lot of Bynum last year. Loads of potential to be a prime asset if the durability can be there. He's a good bet for 12.5-10-2.1 blocks (floor) if he stays on the court. The Ft% is always anemic, but his volume will shield owners from more catastrophic impact. I think I am going to target heavily on draft day.

Edited by Code of Hammurabi, 01 October 2012 - 03:22 PM.

EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#2 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,874 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

I really like where he has been getting slotted/drafted thus far. Generally he's been available in the late 6th and early 7th round. The health has clearly been a concern in the past, but that has partially been priced into his draft position. His situation reminds me a lot of Bynum last year. Loads of potential to be a prime asset if the durability can be there. He's a good bet for 12.5-10-2.1 blocks (floor) if he stays on the court. The Ft% is always anemic, but his volume will shield owners from more catastrophic impact. I think I am going to target heavily on draft day.

That type of line in that draft position is a fantastic buy. Health is a risk, but if you can grab him in 6/7 and get a full season out of him youll be golden. If you dont get a premier center early hes a good guy to target later.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#3 patentboy23

patentboy23

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

I wouldn't mind him as my 3rd or 4th big but def. not drafting him as my 1st center that I'm relying on as my #1 big. He's just too injury prone for my taste and 5/6th round is still a pretty high investment

#4 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

i got him in 6th round...but the question is, is he going to be available for the start of the season? Doesnt look so good.

Edited by keep it ONE hunnid, 23 October 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#5 Obscene_Domino

Obscene_Domino

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

He's apparently on pace but there is still no time table return. He took part in a 30 minute physical workout but was winded after it. I can see him missing the first week or so but when he plays he's pretty good.

The guy has had some freak injuries, just wanna see him healthy, especially for the Warriors sake.
14 team H2H .5 PPR Auction
Fire Breathing Rubber Duckies
QB: Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill
RB: Giovanni Bernard, Ahmad Bradshaw, Ben Tate, Darren McFadden
WR: Roddy White, Jordy Nelson, Michael Floyd, Brian Hartline, Allen Robinson
TE: Jordan Cameron
DEF: Patriots, Bengals
K: Dan Carpenter

#6 Kawz

Kawz

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Stuck with this guy in a keeper league...such a slow, horrible fantasy death haha
16 Team H2H 9 Cat Redraft League

G - Lance Stephenson, Caron Butler, Danny Green, Jeremy Lin,
F - Lamarcus Aldridge, Chandler Parsons, Thaddeus Young, Corey Brewer, Wilson Chandler
C - Al Jefferson, Spencer Hawes, John Henson, Jared Sullinger

#7 Heavy_Jon

Heavy_Jon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Stuck with this guy in a keeper league...such a slow, horrible fantasy death haha

Hope not. That freakish injury skrewed completely his arm, and he said that he will never have the same mobility than he had. He wasn't a great free throw shooter to begin with, but it was more 65% than 49%.
Talk about bad luck, after years of being probably the 2nd best pure center of the league never made it to the all-star game, even Roy Hibbert got an all-star game under his belt, and he's still not the imposing presence that Bogut was.
My advice here is: if he's available around 6th or 7th, you don't have to think much, you take it! Because in a good week he can give you 14 pts - 10 rebs - 2,5 blocks - 3 asists and 1,5 steals. Nothing lasts forever, not even bad luck, and this might be the year where he finnaly stays relatively healthy, its low risk/superhigh reward type of situation here. He's not the same player from 3 yrs ago but he's still young (27) and I bet that he's hungry for play.

#8 nbafan_123

nbafan_123

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I traded Humphries for him in my dynasty league. If he ever gets 100% I think he will be a very relaible source of Blocks, boards and great FG%. I don't think he will need to score too much but something like 12, 11, 2 seems like his floor (again he has to be healthy!)

#9 Kawz

Kawz

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

I traded Humphries for him in my dynasty league. If he ever gets 100% I think he will be a very relaible source of Blocks, boards and great FG%. I don't think he will need to score too much but something like 12, 11, 2 seems like his floor (again he has to be healthy!)

Oddly enough someone offered me Hump for Bogut but I declined. More because I expect Humps role to decrease this year, not because I have faith in Bogut
16 Team H2H 9 Cat Redraft League

G - Lance Stephenson, Caron Butler, Danny Green, Jeremy Lin,
F - Lamarcus Aldridge, Chandler Parsons, Thaddeus Young, Corey Brewer, Wilson Chandler
C - Al Jefferson, Spencer Hawes, John Henson, Jared Sullinger

#10 mrsmoke

mrsmoke

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

Bogut will never be on one of my fantasy teams. Even if he fell 1-2 rounds to me, I'd pass.

Reason being is obviously he can't stay healthy. Second, the severity of his arm injury is largely being ignored. He simply doesnt have the same shooting mechanics he had before the injury. He used to be a lock to get you good FG% but he hasnt come close to 50% since his injury.

Now this year he has a surgically repaired ankle to pair with his other problems and you have yourself a nightmare fantasy sandwich.

Save yourself the trouble and grab Pekovic instead as his ADP is around the same as Bogut.

#11 patentboy23

patentboy23

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

Can't stand Bogut's injuries woes but if I can snatch him in the late 80-90 range then I might give into temptation -_-

#12 lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Got Him In The 8Th. Where is He On The Food Chain For This Team?
*12 TEAM - 1pt PPR *

QB - T. ROMO - M. VICK

RB - D.MARTIN - R.BUSH - A.BROWN

WR - D. BOWE - P.GARCON - A. BROWN

WR - J. BLACKMON -  J. GORDON - T. AUSTIN

TE - G.OLSEN - J. FINLEY

#13 dotslasher

dotslasher

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

hard to say, I see a similar role like in MIL. Not sure though. You have steph Lee and Klay.

He's always been between 11 and 15 ppg. Let's say he stays healthy and produces at a good pace he will average 12-13 ppg. With +2 blocks per game.

Klay is gonna chuck 14-16ppg, Steph is gonna facilitate when he's healthy but still average between 15-18 ppg.
Lee does what Lee does, Nearly 20-10 guy. But Bogut will take away his rebounds.

If you got Bogut in the 8th you got a steal and could possible win you your championship.
Just hope for him to stay healthy :)

Edited by dotslasher, 28 October 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#14 djc373

djc373

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Just picked him up late 7th of a 12 team league. I really wanted to avoid him but think I got ok value. I figure he can't possibly get hurt every year. If he's healthy, he could be a top 5 center in this league this year. What's with his old arm injury though? He's had to change his shooting form because of it? That scares me

Edited by djc373, 28 October 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#15 GJDHouse

GJDHouse

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Got him with pick 99 in my draft tonight. Pretty happy with it. Just hope he can start the year playing and not sit out a week. I need him immediately :)

#16 lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

what's his status anyways?
*12 TEAM - 1pt PPR *

QB - T. ROMO - M. VICK

TE - G.OLSEN - J. FINLEY

#17 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

what's his status anyways?

He's injured so much that it doesn't matter anymore.

#18 lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

cool. i'll go ahead and drop him. thanks!
*12 TEAM - 1pt PPR *

QB - T. ROMO - M. VICK

TE - G.OLSEN - J. FINLEY

#19 lakersmania2

lakersmania2

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Man, he's still in my league's FA list. My team's too full of injury risks as it stands, and I don't know if I should go for him or not.
[H2H] [10 teams] [9 cat] [PG SG SF PF C UTIL UTIL UTIL BEN BEN BEN]
[PTS, REB, AST, BLK, STL, 3PT, FG%, FT%, TO] [WEEKLY]

PG Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley
SG Kobe Bryant, Eric Gordon
SF Danilo Gallinari, Wesley Matthews (SG)
PF Larry Sanders©, Ersan Ilyasova (SF)
C   Marcin Gortat, Joakim Noah (PF), Andrew Bogut

#20 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 13,765 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

this dude takes years to heal from injuries
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978