Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Donatas Motiejunas 2012-2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#1 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Intended for owners in deep leagues looking for a sleeper. Really surprised he hasn't been discussed already, he's having a decent showing in preseason but I think he's going to be one of the real diamonds in the rough this year. He's a 7'0 guy that can shoot 3's and grab boards and get you some blocks and won't hurt your %'s.....going at the cheapest rate possible (ranked 464th on Yahoo). Definitely the type of guy I would take a flier on.

#2 hersh12

hersh12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

I followed him a lot over the summer, he is an inconsistent free throw shooter, in Europe he shot as low as 45 percent.

That said he has talent, but the reason he will be behind Asik all year is because of his weakness on defense. He will be a great offensive option on the second unit though for sure. In a deeper league, he'd be a great guy to take and see what happens.

Basketball Dynasty 2014 (H2H, keep 7, 10 team, 9 cat) -
PG - Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, Kemba Walker

SG - Goran Dragic

SF - Jabari Parker
PF - Serge Ibaka, Terrence Jones
C - Kevin Love

#3 El_Chingon

El_Chingon

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

I followed him a lot over the summer, he is an inconsistent free throw shooter, in Europe he shot as low as 45 percent.

That said he has talent, but the reason he will be behind Asik all year is because of his weakness on defense. He will be a great offensive option on the second unit though for sure. In a deeper league, he'd be a great guy to take and see what happens.

Not so sure about that, he is more of a stretch PF like Bargnani, not really a center....he probably gets minutes at PF and might even start before the season's over, he's a lot better than Patterson.

#4 hersh12

hersh12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Not so sure about that, he is more of a stretch PF like Bargnani, not really a center....he probably gets minutes at PF and might even start before the season's over, he's a lot better than Patterson.

I hope you're right - I plan on drafting him on Saturday with my last pick. Hopefully he replaces Patterson at the 4, he's definitly talented

Basketball Dynasty 2014 (H2H, keep 7, 10 team, 9 cat) -
PG - Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, Kemba Walker

SG - Goran Dragic

SF - Jabari Parker
PF - Serge Ibaka, Terrence Jones
C - Kevin Love

#5 krupocin

krupocin

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

I hope you're right - I plan on drafting him on Saturday with my last pick. Hopefully he replaces Patterson at the 4, he's definitly talented

He is more of a 4 but McHale has already talked about how he will be used to back up Asik mostly bc of Houston's glut of potent options at the 4 already (Patterson backed up by promising rookies White & Ross). They also talked about, right after summer league, Ross backing up Parsons at SF as well but now that Delfino is in the mix I doubt that. It's not even like Delfino can slide over to the 2, as Kevin Martin & the development of an already solid Jeremy Lamb pretty much uses up all 48 minutes at the 2. This team really is a mess haha. All that being said though, I like Motiejunas as a last round flier. Odds are you'll end up dumping him for a FA, but if there is a guy you could make a realistic case for developing some value where there currently is none, Motiejunas (or any Houston big) fits that profile.
How'd you get the beans above the frank!?

#6 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Watch out for this guy. Just got re-called for the D-League, where he's been absolutely tearing it up with 23.5 / 10.8 / 2.8 on .514 shooting.

I've heard Rockets insiders say very good things about this guy, and a couple other Rockets fans have expressed praise on this board, too.

#7 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

i think this guy is a sneaky add in deep leagues. he is ahead of jones in the pecking order and is a great fit as a stretch 4. a 7 footer that can knock down 3s, has a solid post game, and is very quick. not sure why no one is talking about this guy

Edited by kobe24, 21 February 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#8 freevick

freevick

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

i like the potential here as well but cant pull the trigger

#9 VeganZombies

VeganZombies

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

There are 3 guys that could end up with the starting job in houston. Jones, Thomas Robinson and Motiejunas. Out of all 3, this guy has by far the most fantasy friendly line.

In 4 D-league games he averaged 23.5/10.8/2.8 on 51.4/65.2 shooting with .75 threes .5 steals and .2 blocks in those games but 3.75 TO.

His per 36 this year for the Rockets has been 21.3/5.3/2.2 .9 steals .9 blocks with 1.8 threes and 2.2 TO on 48.7 shooting.

He's definitely the dark horse to get relevant playing time, but as far as I'm concerned that starting job is open for the taking.

Edited by VeganZombies, 22 February 2013 - 04:32 AM.

#10 muey123

muey123

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

There are 3 guys that could end up with the starting job in houston. Jones, Thomas Robinson and Motiejunas. Out of all 3, this guy has by far the most fantasy friendly line.

In 4 D-league games he averaged 23.5/10.8/2.8 on 51.4/65.2 shooting with .75 threes .5 steals and .2 blocks in those games but 3.75 TO.

His per 36 this year for the Rockets has been 21.3/5.3/2.2 .9 steals .9 blocks with 1.8 threes and 2.2 TO on 48.7 shooting.

He's definitely the dark horse to get relevant playing time, but as far as I'm concerned that starting job is open for the taking.

Wow, I hope this guy gets some burn, his 36min stats are really good. Gonna see how how this plays out over the next couple of games and might look to stash him.
12-Team, 8-Cat H2H | Record: 79-17
Jeff Teague
Jrue Holiday
Manu Ginobili
George Hill
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
David West
Thaddeus Young
Carlos Boozer
Andre Kirilenko.
Ryan Anderson
Nikola Pekovic
Anthony Davis

#11 Vestrogen

Vestrogen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

I see Robinson taking all the meaningful minutes. He has a much higher ceiling than Motiejunas. I think everyone agrees that all he needs is a chance, that's something the Kings couldn't give him. Motiejunas he'll definitely see his minutes getting bumped. I wouldn't look into his D-League numbers too much. Sure, he's talented, but there are a lot of players that put up amazing D-League numbers, but that doesn't mean they'll get real minutes (see Tornike Shengelia). He might be worth stashing until the situation settles, but I don't have high expectations.

Edited by Vestrogen, 22 February 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#12 ludriculp

ludriculp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Wow, I hope this guy gets some burn, his 36min stats are really good. Gonna see how how this plays out over the next couple of games and might look to stash him.

His per 36 mins stats are inflated cuz he only got his mins in garbage time.

2014-15 10 Team H2H Standard 9 cat. Keeper League
PG: Russell Westbrook, Kyle Lowry, Jeremy Lin(SG), Rodney Stuckey(SG)
SG: Kyrie Irving(PG), Tyreke Evans(SF), Jimmy Butler(SF), OJ Mayo(PG)
SF: Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, KJ McDaniels, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF: Chris Bosh©, David Lee©, Carlos Boozer©
C: Nerlens Noel(PF), Enes Kanter, Jared Sullinger(PF)

*:free agent pickup
^:stream spot
[size=4]keeper: Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, Kyle Lowry, Chris Bosh[/size]

#13 Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

Wow, I wonder why they didn't call him for the All Star Game

Daryl Morey would probably disagree with you
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7......

#14 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

There is another thread for him but yeah I like him too. He needs to work on his d but he can score no doubt about it. He has the most polished/nba ready game between him Jones and trob IMO. I just worry McHale uses parsons at the 4...

#15 TheWhiteMamba

TheWhiteMamba

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Good call, he's more in the mold of Patterson/Morris because of shooting than the other guys. Seems like the most ready too because of his international experience
10 team .5 ppr
QB: Stafford
RB: Murray
RB: Ellington
WR: Bryant
WR: Roddy White
TE: Pitta
FLEX: Rashad Jennings
D: Bengals
K: Graham
BN: Chris Johnson
BN: Erick Decker
BN: Pierre Thomas
BN: Boldin
BN: Justin Hunter
BN: Ahmad Bradshaw
BN: Zach Ertz

#16 VeganZombies

VeganZombies

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

I would say he has an upside between barg and dirk.

#17 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

23min 11pts 6rebs 2ast with 2 threes tonight. still flying under the radar...

#18 VeganZombies

VeganZombies

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

And it begins. If he wins the starting job or atleast gets 30 minutes a game watch out.

#19 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

good thang Rockets lost...maybe Delfino comes off bench again.

#20 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Who would he start over? The Rockets didn't trade their starting PF and his backup so that the 3rd string PF (if he was even that high on the depth chart) could start. Delfino is going to come off the bench. He isn't going to start at SG, SF, PF, the only positions he can conceivably play.