Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Nicolas Batum 2012-2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
728 replies to this topic

#721 bdams19

bdams19

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hm. I am co-commissioner and I removed the can't cut list (at the request of someone in the league) temporarily so he could drop Tony Parker earlier in the year. I have Batum and I am wondering if people would question it if i dropped him by removing the can't cut list. I honestly don't think anyone would have a problem with it; the whole point of the can't cut list is to prevent people from purposely dropping their players and ruining the integrity of the league.

#722 misterj

misterj

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hm. I am co-commissioner and I removed the can't cut list (at the request of someone in the league) temporarily so he could drop Tony Parker earlier in the year. I have Batum and I am wondering if people would question it if i dropped him by removing the can't cut list. I honestly don't think anyone would have a problem with it; the whole point of the can't cut list is to prevent people from purposely dropping their players and ruining the integrity of the league.

I'm in a similar position. I'm in the finals, so as a last resort I'll ask my opponent. If he's not okay with it then I won't.

8-team/8-CAT Keeper (Keep 3):

PG: Curry, Teague, Calderon, Burke
SG: Wade, Ariza, Beal
SF: Batum, D.Green 
PF: A. Davis, Jones, Morris
C: Drummond, Noah, Gibson

#723 johnd2442

johnd2442

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

First off, I just want to get across that I totally empathize with your predicament. It was a good move of you to make an exception for Parker. That said, that puts you in a tough position, either if other people want that same exception, or worse, you want to utilize that exception for yourself. And I think you're seeing that. While I agree with you - I can't see why anyone would have a problem with you releasing Batum, the fact that you're making an exception for yourself is causing you doubts as it should.

If you are the commissioner of your league (which it sounds like you are), I would suggest completely omitting the can't cut list for next season if you choose to run it again. If someone wants to try to cause a mutiny and release players, you can always override that and put those players back on the team and remove that owner. Just an idea for next season. Then, this absolves you from having to make difficult exceptions for people regarding the can't cut list, and worse, putting yourself in a sticky spot.
High Above Courtside fantasy basketball league
  • 12 franchises, starting its 4th season in 2013-14
  • points based, daily lineup, head to head
  • keeper league

#724 paqman78

paqman78

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Yahoo just took him off cant cut lists.
"At the end of the day - we're ALL just speculating....and it's only Fantasy Basketball."

#725 gmoneyb

gmoneyb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

I just cut him. Does anyone think there's a possibility of him returning sometime this week?

Team 1: 12 Team H2H 9 Cat
PG: Mike Conley, Jrue Holiday, Tony Wroten

SG: James Harden, Jimmy Butler, Bradley Beal

SF: Kevin Durant, Andrew Wiggins, Iman Shumpert

PF: Derrick Favors, Omer Asik

C: Al Horford, Kelly Olynyk

Team 2: 12 Team H2H 9 Cat
PG: Jrue Holiday, Jeremy Lin, George Hill

SG: Klay Thompson, Wesley Matthews, Alec Burks

SF: LeBron James, Thaddeus Young

PF: Blake Griffin, Jared Sullinger

C: Al Horford, Roy Hibbert, Kelly Olynyk

#726 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Anyone cutting bait with this fish?

#727 Zorak

Zorak

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

I think Batum is done. And even if he isn't, I can't afford to wait around to find out

#728 Jmadtown

Jmadtown

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

Done. My last week, couldn't wait.

Yahoo 12 Team Football- .5 PPR

Matt Ryan

DeMarco Murray

Lamar Miller

Demaryius Thomas

Keenan Allen

Kelce

Flex: Reuban RAndle

Bench: Jordan Cameron, Jonas Gray, Donte Moncreif, Tannehill, Terrence Williams 

2012 Fantasy Baseball Champion-10 Team-H2H-5x5
2013 Fantasy Basketball Champion 10 Team-H2H-9-Cat
2013 Fantasy Baseball Champion-10 Team-H2H-5x5

2104 Fantasy Baseball Champion-14 Team-H2H-6x6

#729 paqman78

paqman78

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

I just cut him. Does anyone think there's a possibility of him returning sometime this week?

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt he'll come back. Not this week anyway. The man's been playing with wrist pain for more than a month now. Now he's got a shoulder injury to add to that. Plus they're out of the playoffs. Why should he rush back? Im thinking he's probably saying to himself "I need a break".

I cut him already. Thanks for the near triple doubles and all that, but to me his outlook looks bleak even if he does come back.

Edited by paqman78, 04 April 2013 - 03:08 AM.

"At the end of the day - we're ALL just speculating....and it's only Fantasy Basketball."