Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Colin Kaepernick 2012 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
641 replies to this topic

#1 pierceNKC

pierceNKC

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,994 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'm surprised no one is talking about this kid...

What's everybody expecting tonight?
i'm in too many leagues.

#2 Finally Detroit Wins

Finally Detroit Wins

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

i expect more rushing TDs, and yards, than passing.

"experts" do not exist.

get sunday ticket, think for yourself.

#3 wholefnshoe

wholefnshoe

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

i was starting alex smith this week in my flex spot, but was happier to see that kaepernick was starting because i had him too. alex smith had the chance of being destroyed, kaepernick regardless of how he throws he can get positive points by just running which he does a lot of.

#4 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Kaepernick has a big arm as well so the long bomb isnt out of the question. But I expect a lot of of gore/hunter with a possible vulture from Kaepernick.

#5 wholefnshoe

wholefnshoe

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

he was looking amazing last week (fantasy wise at least) and was salivating at the chance to see him start...too bad its the darn bears, but i think he should have a decent game.

#6 k.k.

k.k.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

He looks great out there against the toughest D in the league. Does A.Smith automatically get the job back though when he's healthy?

#7 Jeff_Stats90

Jeff_Stats90

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

He looks great out there against the toughest D in the league. Does A.Smith automatically get the job back though when he's healthy?

I was wondering the same thing. We'll just have to wait for more news. I'm sure he'll be a hot waiver wire add with all the hurt QBs at this point of the season.

#8 Zak0221

Zak0221

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Harbaugh just said hes gonna go with the hot hand at QB and hes got two hot hands.....not really sure what thatll mean but he def didnt say Alex Smith will be the starter when healthy...

hmm i wanna pick up Kappernicker and throw him at the Saints but I am also slightly afraid of him using both QBs versus the Saints :(

I also have Locker and Rivers, and while I cant decide which of those two to start next week this is another wrinkle ugh

Edited by Zak0221, 20 November 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#9 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

He came off looking like a good dude in the post game. I like this guy.

#10 FUM

FUM

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

I wish the frickin' team would have told us early Sunday that Smith wasn't cleared to play so I could have picked up Kaepernick for my flex.
Rotoworld Forums' Official Badass with 6 warning points.

Most of what I post is for giggles. Please do not take me seriously when I'm venting about a pitcher that just got bombed or a hitter in a 2 for 20 slump. It's all for effect and trying to make all my fellow rotoheads chuckle, so don't be "that guy", yeah you know what I'm talking about.

#11 Finally Detroit Wins

Finally Detroit Wins

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

just by watching, you wouldnt be able to tell that this was is his first career start, he looked much better than what i've seen from Smith. Accurate passer and a runner, legit double threat.

"experts" do not exist.

get sunday ticket, think for yourself.

#12 JaZarris

JaZarris

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

I wish the frickin' team would have told us early Sunday that Smith wasn't cleared to play so I could have picked up Kaepernick for my flex.

This. Again and again, this. Obviously I don't expect NFL teams to help out my fantasy cause but man o' man would it have helped! I was ready to pull the trigger but the news that Smith was likely to play put a hold on things...ugh.

If Harbaugh is for real, and he sure seemed like it, then Kaepernick has a pretty juicy set of games awaiting him weeks 12-15. Potential fantasy gold here and it makes me ill knowing I won't have him rostered.

#13 kriegz

kriegz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Well there is an unexpected wrench in every season sooner or later..... Kaepernick has alot of potential if he gets the job but will likely only be a low-end QB1 in a generally conservative offense....think somewhere between RG3 and Russell Wilson....
Turn down for Watt!?

#14 Stingarov

Stingarov

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I CALL DIBS.

Also, how high is Harbaugh's stock now that Kaepernick is turning out? People suspected he'd be a multi-year project but looks like he's good to go already (with some tolerable ebbs and flows to come no doubt).

Sure hope this is a Wally Pipp'in

Edited by Stingarov, 20 November 2012 - 01:21 AM.

#15 sfdevil

sfdevil

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

I CALL DIBS.

Also, how high is Harbaugh's stock now that Kaepernick is turning out? People suspected he'd be a multi-year project but looks like he's good to go already (with some tolerable ebbs and flows to come no doubt).

Sure hope this is a Wally Pipp'in

I mean, I dont think all nights will be like this for kaep. I do think bears were caught off-guard on this one, his #1 reads were open most of time and everything went well. plus it helped the bears D was on the field for so long in the first half...he's still raw and does one-read/run too much.

with that said, looks like future's bright. alex's contract is designed in a way they can cut him after this season and not count towards the salary cap. kaep also will keep defenses more honest and not stack the box, which allows the already DOMINATING run game of 49ers become even better

Edited by sfdevil, 20 November 2012 - 02:51 AM.

#16 Druggist1982

Druggist1982

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

He remembered they have a stud TE. Definitely a good start.
ESPN 12 Team non-PPR: 'SoCal Carnage' 5-5
   1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (RB,WR,TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Current Roster
  QB:  Matt Ryan
  RB:  Ridley, Bradshaw, Rashard Jennings, SJax, Donald Brow
  WR:  Cruz, Fitz, Titus Young, Lloyd, Garcon
  TE:  Myers
  K:   Legatron
  DEF: Streaming (CIN week 11)

#17 CitizenJ

CitizenJ

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

This kid looked good. Compare him to what someone like Nick Foles on his first start? Woof. kapernick is looking good, and his matchup next week is THE SAINTS! If he did this to the bears, the saints should be pillaged. And I was looking forward to starting Romo vs. the skins. Damn.

League 1 - 12 Team, PPR, Pass TD's = 6 points

QB: A. Luck, T. Romo
RB: G. Bernard, S. Vereen, J. Hill, J. Gray, B. Brown
WR: D. Bryant, E. Sanders, K. Benjamin, K. Allen, D. Baldwin
TE: GRONK

K: S. Haushka

DEF: Chiefs

League 2 - 10 Team, Standard, Pass TD's = 4 points

QB: M. Stafford

RB: L. McCoy, M. Forte, S. Vereen, J. Forsett
WR: D. Thomas, E. Sanders, G. Tate, T. Williams
TE: J. Graham

K: A. Vinateri

DEF: Browns

#18 Sidewayss 8

Sidewayss 8

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Jim Harbaugh likes ******** with the media.
QB: Tomy Brady
RB: Ray Rice, Stevan Ridley, MJD, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball
WR: Vincent Jackson, DeSean Jackson, Riley Cooper, Percy Harvin, Rod Streater, Michael Floyd
TE: Delanie Walker
DEF: New England
K: Mason Crosby

#19 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,346 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

He's a bigger, more athletic, better throwing Tebow. If he gets the chance to play he can and most likely will be a fantasy monster. The ability to throw a ball 60 yards or break a 60 yard run is something not shared by many. More importantly I saw a few times where the Bears had him dead to rights and he just outran the pass rusher and was able to either complete a pass or at least get one downfield in a position for his receiver to make a play. It's hard to judge a player on one game but I really think he can be a better than average QB and an absolute stud at fantasy QB.

I grabbed him in my dynasty league after his first game in that blowout earlier in the year and have had him as a stash in case he gets the opportunity. It might not come until 2013 but if he gets the reins he will be my starting QB, sorrry Stafford.

#20 Van Buren Boys

Van Buren Boys

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Kid looked good last night. Breathed some life in to a stagnant passing offense. I don't think Smith plays this week. I may roll the dice and pick him up although I'm not sure i could start him over my current crappy QBs.
To be the man, you've got to beat the man!