Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Jarius Wright 2012 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Deckard Pain

Deckard Pain

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

The rookie for the Vikings will be getting his 2nd straight start of the season with Percy Harvin most likely out again. In week 10 he caught 3 for 65 with a 3 yard TD on 5 targets. Now coming out of the bye the Vikes get the Bears who were just lit up by Kaepernick. The kid looked good and hopefully has a decent outing on Sunday.

#2 Savatage79

Savatage79

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Im eyeballing him up....how banged up is Harvin overall?

#3 alldownhill29

alldownhill29

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

Harvin definitely is out this week but from the Harvin thread there's speculation he will sit out week 13 as well.

Edited by The Harsh, 24 November 2012 - 07:02 AM.
Removed AC content.

#4 Savatage79

Savatage79

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Well how good has he looked? i didnt catch any of the Vikings games....how many games has he been in this year? Was that the only game he had some time in?

#5 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

View PostSavatage79, on 24 November 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

Well how good has he looked? i didnt catch any of the Vikings games....how many games has he been in this year? Was that the only game he had some time in?
I think that was the only game he was feautured in like that and he looked fairly decent out there. I wouldnt trust him at all though vs this bears d and i think hes in for a dud especially with the way Ponders been playing this year.Hes defiantly a talented guy to look out for in the future though maybe put him on yoour watch lists
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#6 Savatage79

Savatage79

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Is this a player where people are missing the boat right now? Because on yahoo its showing 0% ownage lol but thats my angle is to always try and make those prediction type pickups.

Edited by The Harsh, 24 November 2012 - 08:43 AM.
Please remember to avoid propagating AC content in an inappropriate medium.

#7 bs61014

bs61014

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostSavatage79, on 24 November 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Is this a player where people are missing the boat right now? Because on yahoo its showing 0% ownage lol but thats my angle is to always try and make those prediction type pickups.

I believe the general thought is that Wright will go back to irrelevance once Harvin returns.  So while he had a good game, owners don't see Wright's role or numbers being consistent in coming weeks.

Also Minnesota had a bye week right after that game.    Wright's ownership may have more had more of an uptick if the Vikings were playing the week after.

It has been said that part of Ponder's problem is that he zeros in on Harvin, and has trouble reading other options.   This is a possible reason for Rudolph's dropoff.   It was said that Ponder looked a little better when Harvin wasn't playing, and Rudolph's and Wright's numbers bear that theory out.

I think Wright has a great chance to produce these one or two weeks when Harvin may be out.  And it is possible that with the bye and the emergence of Wright, the field may stretch and Ponder may use better reads going forward even with Harvin playing.

#8 Briley508

Briley508

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

His inactivation up to this point was a combination of: 1) some injuries he sustained during training camp. 2) He's a very similar player to Harvin. He's nowhere near as talented as Harvin is, but he's the same type of small, speedy slot guy. The Vikings coaching staff likes to keep Michael Jenkins out there for run blocking, even though he is absolutely no help for Ponder and at this point, Peterson could handle a small decrease in run support.

He's got talent, just hasn't gotten very many opportunities. Could be an interesting flier or somebody to keep an eye on if Harvin remains sidelined.

#9 mjkp64

mjkp64

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Another decent day yesterday ... ppr wise. 7 receptions on 10 targets. And I saw him just miss a touchdown on the side of the endzone.

If Percy is out again, I think he will be another decent play at GB.

#10 superkeest

superkeest

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

As a vikings fan who watches every game, this guy will continue to be a big part of the offence, even with percy back.  Jerome simpson cannot catch at all, and this kid looks really good.  Hes fast and seems to have very good hands. This kid is the 3rd best option the vikings have 1) percy 2)rudolph 3)wright

#11 Deckard Pain

Deckard Pain

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

He will be the slot machine again tomorrow at Lambo and should see plenty of targets as my beloved Vikes try to catch up with the Pack.