Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Eric Young Jr. 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
152 replies to this topic

#1 budman

budman

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Will Eric Young be a starter this year for the Rockies? Maybe they try to trade him? He was red hot before getting injured last year and I think he can build on that this year. What type of role do you see him in this year?

#2 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

good god, i don't know if i have it in me to get excited by this guy again ...where would he start, 2B? i think they'd go with rutledge, no?

14 Team PPR. One Keeper. All TDs worth six.

QB/ Wilson
RB/ Jamaal
WR/ Edelman
FX/ Wright
FX/ Bradshaw
FX/ McKinnon
TE/ Kelce
DST/ Titans
K/ Parkey
Bn/ Hill, Hunter, Shorts, P Thomas, LaFell

Championships: 4 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#3 budman

budman

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

good god, i don't know if i have it in me to get excited by this guy again ...where would he start, 2B? i think they'd go with rutledge, no?

Haha I hear you on being burnt in the past, but last year he looked to finally be putting things together. He had been really taking baseball, life serious and it was translating over to the field. Hoping that can carry over into this year.

#4 avatoot

avatoot

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Haha I hear you on being burnt in the past, but last year he looked to finally be putting things together. He had been really taking baseball, life serious and it was translating over to the field. Hoping that can carry over into this year.

I think he should definately be an everyday player. The guy was money when he got regular playing time last year. One of the OF spots or possibly 3B. Nolan Arenado hasnt lived up to expectations in the minors yet and wont be the starter come opening day. He will need some more minor league seasoning before he is considered for the callup. Eric Young Jr. is a 5 tool player at least at Coors field, versatile and shold be given the chance if the Rockies should expect to do anything this season.
12 Team H2H Cats 8X8 $League
Hitting Categories: R. HR. RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OBP, SLG

Pitching Categories: W, SV, K, TB, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS
C -   C. Santana

1B - V. Martinez
2B - Kinsler
3B - Sandoval
SS - Holt

OF - Blackmon
OF - Pence

OF - Yelich
Util - K. Vargas
Util - J. Harrison
BN - McCann, Granderson, Trumbo
SP - Greinke, Kershaw, Cueto, Hudson, Kuroda, Eovaldi, Holland, K. Hendricks
RP - K. Jansen, Rosenthal, C. Janssen, Petricka
NA - Heaney
NA - Pomeranz
DL - Darvish

#5 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,715 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Based on what he did last year, I'd like to see what he can do as a full-time player. It's possible he gets exposed. But I want to see what he's made of.

"...and woe betide fateful curiosity should it ever succeed in peering through a crack in the chamber of consciousness, out and down into the depths, and thus gain an intimation of the fact that humanity, in the indifference of its ignorance, rests on the pitiless, the greedy, the insatiable, the murderous."

-Nietzsche

#6 jsp2014

jsp2014

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,636 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

if he is starting then I'm on board. guys like him are why I don't pay retail for guys like Revere.
I will never draft Francisco Liriano ever again.

#7 FouLLine

FouLLine

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

I love his speed would be so much more attractive with 2B eligiblity though...

#8 The Big Bat Theory

The Big Bat Theory

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hi Guys,

New here, first post. I was wondering if anyone knows what the outlook is on Eric Young. He has speed and 2B/OF eligibility in Yahoo leagues but he doesn't seem to have a steady job with the Rockies. Will he remain a bench player as long as the rest of the team remains healthy? And do you think that month plus output he produced last year before he got injured was for real long term? Also who is ahead of him as in blocking him getting more ABs? Cuddayer?

#9 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hi Guys,

New here, first post. I was wondering if anyone knows what the outlook is on Eric Young. He has speed and 2B/OF eligibility in Yahoo leagues but he doesn't seem to have a steady job with the Rockies. Will he remain a bench player as long as the rest of the team remains healthy? And do you think that month plus output he produced last year before he got injured was for real long term? Also who is ahead of him as in blocking him getting more ABs? Cuddayer?

Cuddayer and Helton are pretty much blocking him. Helton might not play everyday, but he most likely will still see some time at first. Cuddayer will spell Helton and then Young will play. Also Welcome to the forum
No Days Off

#10 mavsfan23

mavsfan23

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

i like his chances of getting a lot of at bats with the way cargo plays in the field, and helton turning 40 this season. throw in that fowler could disappoint again, and cuddyer's games played have been trending downward the last two years and he's got quite a few possibilities to get on the field.
Baseball can't get here fast enough

#11 Halo Fan

Halo Fan

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hi Guys,

Cuddayer and Helton are pretty much blocking him. Helton might not play everyday, but he most likely will still see some time at first. Cuddayer will spell Helton and then Young will play. Also Welcome to the forum

Tyler Colvin says, "Hi!"
"Only boring people find baseball boring." ~ Peter Golenboch

"...the knowledge of the game is usually in inverse proportion to the price of the seats." ~ Bill Veeck

"The last time Willie Mays dropped a pop fly he had a rattle in one hand and a bonnet on his head." ~ Jim Murray

"If my uniform doesn't get dirty, I haven't done anything in the baseball game." ~ Rickey Henderson

"The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back." ~ Steve Garvey

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out." ~ George Brett

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." ~ Rogers Hornsby

"Winning depends on where you put your priorities. It's usually best to put them over the fence." ~ Jason Giambi

#12 The Big Bat Theory

The Big Bat Theory

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

So it sounds like it is Helton who is the major roadblock. That either Cuddayer or Colvin would be playing (or sharing maybe) 1B with Helton retired and Young would have a steady outfield position? Oh great. Old ball players don't either die or fade away, they just block a promising young player (on my dynasty team's bench) from getting his playing time. I remember reading that Helton announced that he was coming back for another year and thinking this was not going to be a good thing for one of the young Rockies players. Guess I know which one now. Thanks for the info.

#13 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hi Guys,

Tyler Colvin says, "Hi!"

I completely forgot about Colvin. I would assume he should get more playing time then Young off the bench/taking cuddayers/ Heltons place
No Days Off

#14 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I dont see at all where this guy starts. Even with an injury to an OF they would find more time for Colvin.
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#15 Halo Fan

Halo Fan

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

I dont see at all where this guy starts. Even with an injury to an OF they would find more time for Colvin.

Totally agree. Young needs to be traded to hold value this year...maybe he should go to Philadelphia, they seem to like acquiring players with the last name "Young" this offseason (Michael, Delmon...). :D

"...the knowledge of the game is usually in inverse proportion to the price of the seats." ~ Bill Veeck

"The last time Willie Mays dropped a pop fly he had a rattle in one hand and a bonnet on his head." ~ Jim Murray

"If my uniform doesn't get dirty, I haven't done anything in the baseball game." ~ Rickey Henderson

"The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back." ~ Steve Garvey

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out." ~ George Brett

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." ~ Rogers Hornsby

"Winning depends on where you put your priorities. It's usually best to put them over the fence." ~ Jason Giambi

#16 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Yea just because everyone may like him for fantasy doesn't mean he's a good player. Little power and poor defensively. It took a lot of injuries for him to get in there last year, I guess a Fowler trade would help him.

#17 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

He's been playing everyday while Helton has been out and leading off (somewhat inexplicably, but I ain't complaining.) With Helton on the DL he should play about 12 of the next 15 games or something if you want some steals/runs. He only has 2 bags so far but he's a threat for a 2 or 3 steal game at any moment.

#18 k.k.

k.k.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Seems to be hitting pretty decent too. Might be good for a short term pickup, and who knows.....maybe he sticks around even when Helton is back.

#19 placeholder

placeholder

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

So, Tulo is hurt, maybe Young can get some time at 2nd base while Rutledge moves to SS.

Sneaky pickup.
C - Russell Martin
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - ...........
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Jimmy Rollins
CI - Paul Goldschmidt
MI - Alexei Ramirez
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Shin Choo
OF - Hunter Pence
OF - Desmond Jennings
OF - Will Venable
UTL - Leonys Martin
DL - Corey Hart

#20 Halo Fan

Halo Fan

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

So, Tulo is hurt, maybe Young can get some time at 2nd base while Rutledge moves to SS.

Sneaky pickup.

Maybe for a day or two, but is Young eligible at 2B in your league?