443 replies to this topic

#1 jsick

jsick

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

As dynasty leagues head into playoffs, we must start to think about our rosters for next season and which players we want to keep. This thread will hopefully look at players who are not owned in many leagues for this season which can be added to your Bench roster in hopes that they break out in 2013. Who do people have on their lists?

1. Doug Wilson - not owned in many leagues, but has the school to blow up next season.

2. Daryl Richardson - Has looked great in his limited role in STL this season. If S-Jax is gone next season or in a further reduced role, Richardson could break out. Does Pead challenge him for starting RB?

3. Lamar Miller - Could he unseat Reggie and Thomas?

4. Coby Fleener - Has shown flashes this year, but still much to come.

5. Alshon Jeffery - Could be a great complement to Marshall next season.

6. Kendall Hunter - Can he unseat Gore next season?

Can people think of any others?

#2 Morkai

Morkai

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Jacquizz Rodgers?

Danario Alexander?

#3 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,048 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

This is a great topic and one I will be following closely as I've been out of my dynasty league for weeks and trying to grab players for next year.

I'm assuming number one is supposed to be David Wilson? If not I've never heard of Doug Wilson and would love to hear who he is. Lamar Miller is someone I grabbed in that league because I don't know if Reggie will be back with Miami. He's a FA and with the turmoil that is RB I'm assuming a lot of teams will be trying to sign him. Dolphins could franchise him though. Other than that I think all those names on your list should already be owned in dynasty leagues. At least in my league they have been owned all season and I know they won't be going anywhere now. Here are a few of the guys I grabbed so I can see how they come out of the pre-season.

My first and most adament sleeper would have been Kaepernick if this was posted 3 weeks ago. I've held him since Week 4 because of his potential but now that cat is out of the bag.

Rueben Randle - Explosive young receiver on the Giants. Should supplement Hixon as the WR3 in the Giants offense in the off-season which is a position that can see targets without injury. That role can grow a ton if/when Nicks gets hurt.

Julian Edleman - Might be coming off the WW after this week but I've been holding him for awhile. All the talks are that Welker won't be back in NE next year and Edleman has shown that he can probably step in and take that role. Probably not as good as Welker has done but 70% of Welker's production is a high end WR2 in a PPR.

Lance Dunbar - Felix Jones is a Free Agent and I don't think the Cowboys will be re-signing him even with some decent games in Murray's absence. Philip Tanner is clearly not their answer and Dunbar hasn't looked bad in the limited touches. He could be the immediate backup to Murray next year which should guarantee some starts.

Bernard Pierce - If the Ray Rice owner is dumb enough not to have him he is someone to grab. As we see with Shady McCoy, if the lead goes down the new guy can be a hot play. Pierce looks great with the little amount of work he gets and if Rice is injured I think he is an auto Top 15 back.

Jon Baldwin - Massive size and gerat athletic ability. Has been handcuffed by being stupid and that anemic offense. With the coaching staff and Bowe gone as well as a new QB(Alex Smith, M Vick, rookie QB) he might be able to take that #1 role and turn it into something. He has been nothing but a bust so far but maybe season 3 is the year it all comes together.

Austin Collie - He's obviously not a secret but IF he comes back next year he is a guy who can excel when on the field. His owner dropped him in my league for some reason(we have IR spots) so I grabbed him and stashed him. No one knows if he will be able to stay on the field but if he is somehow he is a great WR2 with how much Luck throws the ball. Avery and Hilton haven't exactly blown up after Wayne so Collie should still have a job in that offense.

My dynasty league is really deep so mayb e thats why the other guys are mentioned but I'm going to look through some teams and compile a list from their rosters as well, I think this is a great topic.

Edited by GottaGetTheWin, 27 November 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#4 jsick

jsick

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Great post GottaGetTheWin. You are also correct, it is David Wilson, not Doug - my bad. I was looking at last years draft and I must have meshed together Doug Martin and David Wilson somehow :)

#5 Phatpanda

Phatpanda

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

R. Broyles
V. Ballard
E. Sanders (if Wallace is gone)

#6 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Vincent Brown (On IR since pre-season with broken foot)
Chris Ivory (free agent, probably with another team in 2013)
Julian Edelman (Welker may not be back, this is his replacement)
David Wilson (I think pass blocking and fumbling issues will be resolved in the offseason)
Ronnie Hillman (same as Wilson)
Dwayne Bowe (Likely with another team next year, if not KC should have Geno Smith slinging the rock).
Bilial Powell (Sean Greene will be FA, will the JETS resign him?)

#7 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,048 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

So the rest of my list....

Michael Flloyd - Having a rough rookie season but has come on a little of late. Right now the Cardinals offense isn't good enough to sustain one WR nevermind two but they must get a QB this year, or at the very worst next year and Larry Fitz isn't getting any younger. He has a ton of talent and could be someone who emerges in two seasons or so with a fresh QB.

Jahvid Best - Same as Collie in my previous post. RB1 potential(especially in PPR) when he is on the field, the question is will he be on the field? Honestly, I don't think he ever plays again but if your out of the race and have a roster spot it can't hurt to hold a RB with his upside through the off-season.

Josh Gordon - Big play rookie who has had some nice games. Route running is limited at this point but the talent is there. As long as he dedicates himself to learning how to run better routes I think we could see him grow into a bigger, more physical Denarius Moore type second year player.

Stephen Hill - Upside is capped by the Sanchise but if the Jets can figure out that they need a real QB and then go get one I think he can emerge as the #1 receiver there. Don't care about Santonio Holmes I like Hill better

Shaun Draughan - I don't see any way the Chiefs bring Hillis back. This experiment failed miserably and Draughan has shown he can handle backup duties. Not sure how the new Chiefs coaching staff will use him, but he is a guy(like B. Brown or Pierce) that can be an explosive option if the starter goes down.

Chris Givens - Should be owned already but if he isn't he is someone to grab. Has looked very nice when Amendola isn't in and could be a good second option for Bradford.

LaMichael James - Brandon Jacobs is 100% out of there after the year. I would say 50/50 on Gore not being back, so this would leave him as the handcuff to Hunter. Not sure how high his upside is or that the 9ers won't draft/sign a better backup but could be a guy to keep an eye if the situation falls right.

Aldrick Robinson - Speed, speed, speed. This guy can run with the best of them. He has shown that big play potential a few times this season and it's possible he moves into the Santana Moss role when Moss decides to ride off into the sunset. Could be a sneaky player in the slot of the Skins with that speed.

Vincent Brown - We saw his potential before he broke his foot and assuming that didn't have any long term affect he could be a strong option for Rivers in San Diego. Hopefully once Norv is out that offense can really take off.

Kendall Wright - Like Givens, he should be owned already but if not he is a big talent who is making plays in the limited touches he gets. Nate Washington is almost done and Kenny Britt can't stay healthy or out of jail. Could see a number of games next year where he is the #1 receiver on that offense and if Locker can get his accuracy issues corrected he should see a lot of downfield targets.

Jarius Wright - Probably not much upside here but the Vikings have to throw the ball to someone besides Harvin. They really need a deep threat and while Wright isn't the guy, neither is Jerome Simpson. I don't think they have the budget to sign a big FA WR though so Wright might have to step up and try. There is little to no chance simpson is back with the team next season.

Isaah Pead - Not much to say about his rookie campaign except it has been god awful. With that said, he is obviously an explosive talent and someone who the Rams will give a chance to based on draft position. His value next year depends mostly on what happens with SJax but to me its clear he has more pure talent that Richardson and if he gets his ball security issues under control he could find himself one injury away from literally running away with that job next year(assuming SJax is gone)

#8 Point Shaver

Point Shaver

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Danario Alexander, Denarius Moore, Broyles,Hilton, Daniel Thomas, Daryl Richardson and Tannehill.

#9 dudeondacouch

dudeondacouch

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

I've been hoping for this thread. Almost started it yesterday, but didn't know if it was the proper forum. :ph34r:

I'm doing keepers for the first time in my league, and I'm sorf of "easing" everyone into it. This year we're doing 2 keepers, players drafted in rounds 1-8 ineligible, and you lose a draft spot one round higher than player originally taken.

I get the feeling I'll be keeping Luck since it will only cost me an 11th round pick next year, but after that I have a stable of FAs mostly.

DX, LeShoure, Hilton, Denver... one can be had for a 15th, and this thread shall help me decide! :lol:

2014: 12-Team, Full PPR, #1 Pick

QB ---- Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB ---- Jamaal Charles, Andre Ellington, Andre Williams, Pierre Thomas, Shane Vereen, Joique Bell, Knile Davis
WR---- Antonio Brown, Percy Harvin, Golden Tate, Torrey Smith, Josh Gordon

TE----- Julius Thomas
K ------ Cody Parkey
DEF--- Indianapolis Colts

#10 calz way

calz way

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

The young recieving corps that the Colts brought in with Luck has lots of potential in it. All things being equal Luck will be throwing the ball around like crazy for years to come. I am looking specifically at Hilton and Fleener/Allen, but I believe LaVon Brazill as a deep sleeper based on what I saw in the preseason because while not as fast as Hilton, he has some speed and is a little bigger.

Emmanuel Sanders- I have seen both Sanders and Brown play and I think their skill sets are very comparable in terms of quickness, short-to-intermediate route running and explosiveness with the ball in their hands. If he could get involved more as the slot he could be a beast.

Ryan Broyles- Just a smooth, polished player as a rookie paired with a big armed QB and the best receiver opening up the seams and underneath areas of a D. Also Titus Young appears to be a complete idiot

Andrew Hawkins- If Cincy decides to get him involved he is dynamic with the ball in his hands imo in a class just below Randall Cobb/Percy Harvin

Jared Cook- He didn't like his role in the office, but OC Chris Palmer just got fired. He is a monster physically and could be a top teir TE under the right circumstances
ESPN 12 team money league, H2H each cat., usual 8 categories plus 3pt % and assist to turnover ratio
PG: Russell Westbrook, Tyreke Evans, Raymond Felton
SG: Evan Turner, Paul George
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Jared Dudley, Al-Farouq Aminu
PF: David Lee, Dirk Nowitzki, Tiago Splitter
C: Tiago Splitter, Marc Gasol, Andrew Bogut

#11 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Only a couple of the names dropped here are actually available in my league.

My stash was/is Brian Orakpo. He had 20 pts the first two weeks before going down.
SoB Tifo ~ AD FINEM FIDELIS ~ Bearfight Brigade

"Oh, you can't scare me, I'm stickin' to the Union!"

#12 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,048 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

I believe LaVon Brazill as a deep sleeper based on what I saw in the preseason because while not as fast as Hilton, he has some speed and is a little bigger.

I loved Lavon Brazill coming into the year as deep sleeper that never panned out and I'm just not sure if he ever will. I like his ability but I'm just not sure if the opportunity is there. He is way down on the depth chart, especially if/when Collie comes back. He's also behind Fleener and Allen in the overall passing game which doesn't bode well for him.

My guess if Collie is back in 2013 they go like this.

Wayne
Collie
Aevry
Hilton
Allen
Fleener
Brazill

Even if that order is wrong he isn't above any of them so being 6th on game plan isn't conducive for production.

#13 calz way

calz way

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

I believe LaVon Brazill as a deep sleeper based on what I saw in the preseason because while not as fast as Hilton, he has some speed and is a little bigger.

I loved Lavon Brazill coming into the year as deep sleeper that never panned out and I'm just not sure if he ever will. I like his ability but I'm just not sure if the opportunity is there. He is way down on the depth chart, especially if/when Collie comes back. He's also behind Fleener and Allen in the overall passing game which doesn't bode well for him.

My guess if Collie is back in 2013 they go like this.

Wayne
Collie
Aevry
Hilton
Allen
Fleener
Brazill

Even if that order is wrong he isn't above any of them so being 6th on game plan isn't conducive for production.

I see what you are saying, but disagree. Collie will be a free agent and is the biggest health concern in the game this side of Detroit who has Best. I don't think the colts re-sign him under any circumstances because he is expensive as a veteran, because of major injury concerns and he is a relic of the old regime so to speak and the new front office probably has no loyalties to him. Also, the Colts are a likely playoff team without him. Like Collie, Avery will also be a free agent after this season and is also a major injury concern. However, unlike Collie who always had the numbers when he was on the field, Avery's production has looked pedestrian almost all season so why would they re-sign him? And his production suggest that he could get beat out in a competition next summer even if they did resign him. It would make sense that the Colts would give Brazill a chance after a year to adjust to the pro game (Hilton adjusted super fast). If the organization is down on Brazill, then they could sign a vet (like they did with Avery) or go a different direction in the upcoming draft.

With all that being said, I think the Colts receiving corps of the future is :

# 1. Wayne (signed through 2014)
# 2. unknown (Could be Brazill because he is fast, but is kinda undersized to play on the outside. He has impressed when on the field)
# 3. Hilton
WR Depth- unknown
TE- Fleener
F ("move" TE like Hernandez)- Allen
ESPN 12 team money league, H2H each cat., usual 8 categories plus 3pt % and assist to turnover ratio

#14 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,048 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

I see what you are saying, but disagree. Collie will be a free agent and is the biggest health concern in the game this side of Detroit who has Best. I don't think the colts re-sign him under any circumstances because he is expensive as a veteran, because of major injury concerns and he is a relic of the old regime so to speak and the new front office probably has no loyalties to him. Also, the Colts are a likely playoff team without him. Like Collie, Avery will also be a free agent after this season and is also a major injury concern. However, unlike Collie who always had the numbers when he was on the field, Avery's production has looked pedestrian almost all season so why would they re-sign him? And his production suggest that he could get beat out in a competition next summer even if they did resign him. It would make sense that the Colts would give Brazill a chance after a year to adjust to the pro game (Hilton adjusted super fast). If the organization is down on Brazill, then they could sign a vet (like they did with Avery) or go a different direction in the upcoming draft.

# 2. unknown (Could be Brazill because he is fast, but is kinda undersized to play on the outside. He has impressed when on the field)
# 3. Hilton
WR Depth- unknown
TE- Fleener

I see what your saying and I think everything you said is a very valid reason why Brazill will jump the depth chart. I do think though that Collie re-signs with the Colts. Yes, he's a veteran but he is coming off basically two non existent season from injury. I highly doubt any team is going to offer him a long term, high cost deal so I can easily see the Colts bringing him back on a one year team friendly contract. He has always been an organizational favorite and even though it might be a new front office it's not a new owner. Besides he seems like the type of guy that will get respect from anybody in the league. He is superior as a player to Hilton and Brazill and a playoff team without him might be a deep playoff contendor with him(of course this is all based on him staying on the field).

I can definitely see them not re-signing Avery so he can be eliminated from that group, but even then I don't think Brazill jumps Hilton in their offensive scheme and I'm not sure if he jumps the tight ends as a more favored target for Luck. I hope your right and I'm wrong on this because Brazill is a guy who I think can produce and can be had in the last round of drafts. I just don't see it happening at this point, but thats what makes FF great, so many different opinions but only 1 will be right.(sure wasn't my opinion on Mathews this year haha)

Edited by GottaGetTheWin, 27 November 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#15 dumherb1

dumherb1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Ryan Broyles without a doubt he was a stud in OK before he blew out his knee and it also hurt his draft stock - Detroit hit gold with this kid....

I wouldn't touch Collie he is 1 more hit from never playing again

#16 calz way

calz way

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

# 3. Hilton
WR Depth- unknown
TE- Fleener

I see what your saying and I think everything you said is a very valid reason why Brazill will jump the depth chart. I do think though that Collie re-signs with the Colts. Yes, he's a veteran but he is coming off basically two non existent season from injury. I highly doubt any team is going to offer him a long term, high cost deal so I can easily see the Colts bringing him back on a one year team friendly contract. He has always been an organizational favorite and even though it might be a new front office it's not a new owner. Besides he seems like the type of guy that will get respect from anybody in the league. He is superior as a player to Hilton and Brazill and a playoff team without him might be a deep playoff contendor with him(of course this is all based on him staying on the field).

I can definitely see them not re-signing Avery so he can be eliminated from that group, but even then I don't think Brazill jumps Hilton in their offensive scheme and I'm not sure if he jumps the tight ends as a more favored target for Luck. I hope your right and I'm wrong on this because Brazill is a guy who I think can produce and can be had in the last round of drafts. I just don't see it happening at this point, but thats what makes FF great, so many different opinions but only 1 will be right.(sure wasn't my opinion on Mathews this year haha)

Good points about if Collie took a pay cut. He is an definite improvement over Brazill/Avery (Hilton is different because of the explosive element to his game) as the #2, but he cannot be relied on. Also, I think the 2nd outside receiver spot is open to be filled by Collie, Brazill or other because Hilton is a natural slot receiver because of his ability to create mismatches in space and his small frame

Bump up Ryan Broyles to must own in keeper because the fact that Titus Young is deep trouble with the unruly lions is a really, really bad sign

Other players with rationale:
David Nelson from Buffalo- Will be coming off a torn ACL so buyer beware, but he is a 6'5" receiver who can create mismatches in the redzone

Cole Beasley- Like Amendola or Welker this dude eats defenses alive from the inside out because he has a great understanding of where open space is based on what I saw last weekend and in the preseason. Honestly, I remember high praise over the summer and he disappeared behind unproductive Dwyane Harris and Kevin Ogletree. Tony Romo loves to play backyard football with Witten where he seems to just tell him to get open and Beasley is great at this. Should have been in their 11 personnel all season and is potentially PPR gold.

Kinda the same thing RG3 as Luck because he is a young, gifted passer who makes his teammates better so guys like really fast Aldrick Robinson could have value in keepers

Rob Housler- Physical skills are there, great speed for a TE good at adjusting to the ball, Todd Heap is old

Super speculative, but AJ Jenkins and Lamichel James are both explosive, the 49ers used high picks on them and not really heard from this year so they are deep leaguers

Edited by calz way, 27 November 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#17 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,048 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Great call on David Nelson. I think his value lies in a PPR but in that format he is a catch monster and as you said, red zone target.

#18 calz way

calz way

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Great call on David Nelson. I think his value lies in a PPR but in that format he is a catch monster and as you said, red zone target.

Ya, I didn't mention they like him in the slot. Also, I think if Buffalo drafts an impact rookie QB who is an improvement over the meddling Ryan Fitzpatrick then Donald Jones may have value too. Also TJ Graham is comprabale in terms of speed and size to Indy's TY Hilton

Edited by calz way, 27 November 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#19 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Ryan Broyles
Lamar Miller-if Reggie is out next year
Cole Beasley
Jarius Wright
Mohammed Sanu-extremely talented guy from Rutgers
LaMichael James
Cody Fleener/Dwayne Allen-i think both will be used like the pats use Hern and Gronk next year
Alshon Jeffery, the guys gona be a monster
Also if Keller is gone watch out for Hayden smith-former rugby player with immense physical skill
D-Richardson
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#20 imaresqd1

imaresqd1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Was eliminated from my dynasty league tongiht - looking to improve for next year while the others fight in the playoffs. Any deep sleeper names to consider?
(FYI - Bryce Brown was added to a roster (not mine) in July of 2012 -should tell you how deep I am looking on the waiver wire)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users