Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Jordan Todman 2012 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 munygon2

munygon2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Apparently he will be active this week and backing up R. Jennings who we all know has not been very successful at RB so far - although Henne's presence may have change that somewhat. Thoughts on him and if he might take over if MJD is still out?

Edited by munygon2, 28 November 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#2 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Is it him or Montell Owens?
And all the greatest of the heroes
Started jumping from the books
They started wearing ones and zeros
Looking more and more like crooks
They stole the sunlight from the future
Took a sip, drank half the glass then put it back

#3 True No1

True No1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

How desperate would you need to be to add this guy is the real question. Anyone who is actually adding him realistically doesn't have a shot at making the playoffs.
QB: Wait, who actually puts a team in their signature?
RB: I ignore all who do this.

#4 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,341 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

People will add anyone that can play RB and is getting touches. With how bad the position is right now everyone has potential. Unless your starting Foster, AP, or Rice you have a big question mark at your position. McCoy would be on that list if he wasn't hurt and if I knew Spiller was really getting 20 touches a game he would be there too.

#5 weedjj

weedjj

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

How desperate would you need to be to add this guy is the real question. Anyone who is actually adding him realistically doesn't have a shot at making the playoffs.

Maybe someone like me who has their top 5 RB's hurt (McCoy, Forte, Murray, A. Brown, McCluster (was a filler last week due to injuries and then he got hurt lol)) and tied for the last playoff spot with this last week remaining.

#6 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,912 posts

Not so. For example, I have Martin, Reece, J-Stew, K.Hunter, Parmalee and MJD. Sitting pretty record wise for playoffs but obviously need to drop 3 of those dudes and as a MJD owner looking for the handcuff to Jennings could be a real help. If Kahil Bell helped people win championships last year then Owens and this dude make for a potentially viable option even if its grasping for straws...
And all the greatest of the heroes
Started jumping from the books
They started wearing ones and zeros
Looking more and more like crooks
They stole the sunlight from the future
Took a sip, drank half the glass then put it back

#7 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

wow i remeber that guy. He was highly touted coming from Conneticut and i dont really know where he went but i guess he was buried in the Jags depth chart. the guy defiantly has talent but so does everyone in the Nfl. I dont think hell be of much relevance
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#8 yanksman

yanksman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

wow i remeber that guy. He was highly touted coming from Conneticut and i dont really know where he went but i guess he was buried in the Jags depth chart. the guy defiantly has talent but so does everyone in the Nfl. I dont think hell be of much relevance

he was on the Vikings practice squad until yesterday

#9 nb009

nb009

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

I kinda wanna roster him just for this week so I look like a guru if he does well. Probably not going to happen though.

Anyone know why he fell in the draft (or just wasn't highly thought of)? Looks like he had a decent college career. Undersized? Slow?
14 team, Standard league, Auction draft / waivers

#10 MeisterT

MeisterT

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

I'm impressed, as far as I knew Jordan Todman is the name of my mailman but not only is there info here on his school but that he was on the Vikes practice squad as of like 42 minutes ago. Gonna have to ask my mailman for an autograph, well done guys. I am desperate enough to take a flier on this guy but I'm not going to make the move cause I'm pretending I'm not that desperate yet.
"It's the learning f------ nothing that keeps me young." - Al Swearengen

#11 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

I kinda wanna roster him just for this week so I look like a guru if he does well. Probably not going to happen though.

Anyone know why he fell in the draft (or just wasn't highly thought of)? Looks like he had a decent college career. Undersized? Slow?

Well he ran a 4.4 so hes certainly not on the slow side but i do remember watching some of his game and sometimes he lacked pass catching abulity and thats needed for those undersized backs. He comes in at 5'9 193, hes no muscle hamster but that a pretty good size for his height(alittle on the small side) Also pass protecting was a problem for him due to him being on the small side. Scouts also were saying hes not built to be an every down back and is more of a change of pace type of one. However he was the number 3 running back prospect in the 2010 draft i believe. He possesses elusiveness and is a patient runner. I honestly belive if he gets a chance this week he can show his stuff

Edited by NyMetsfan5, 28 November 2012 - 03:03 PM.

[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#12 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm not getting sucked in this time. I love picking up these lovable losers *cough* William Powell *cough* and holding out a glimmer of hope I'll catch lightning in a bottle. But not this time
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#13 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

if i told you i was adding knowshon moreno last wednesday you'd be saying something similar.

#14 smokin_that_greenellis

smokin_that_greenellis

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Rather than light you up and earn myself more "warning points" I'll just throw this little tidbit out there...

Kahlil Bell (2011)
Week 15 - - 15 carries for 65 yards; 5 receptions for 43 yards and 1 TD
Week 16 - - 23 carries for 121 yards; 4 receptions for 38 yards.

Matt Forte went down in week 13
Marion Barber went down after week 15

Weeks 15 and 16 were for my championship last year. Bell was either inactive or unused for the Bears the entire season until both of those backs got hurt.

So how desperate do you have to be to sign a guy like that? I dunno, but I did enjoy winning my league last year thanks to Mr. Bell.

It's all fun and games until a fart becomes a shart.

12-Team Standard

QB:   Romo -- Manziel

RB:   McCoy

RB:   CJ Anderson -- Ellington

WR:  Cobb

WR:  V. Jackson

WR:  Charles Johnson -- Ma. Floyd, Moncrief

TE:   ?????? -- Wright, Daniels, Rivera

FLX: Mason