Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Projected 2013 ADP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
240 replies to this topic

#1 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

1. Rodgers
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. RG3
5. Matty Ice
6. Peyton Manning
7. Stafford

Is next year's first round going to be even more crowded with QB's? The last 3 QB's listed might not make it, but idk...there were 4 qb's that generally went in the first round last year if you include Stafford, and that could get close to doubling next year.

#2 green

green

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'd only take Rodgers in the first. When QB is that deep, why bother with the other guys? I'm definitely not going to take RG3, not that I don't believe in him - but he just carries the risk of being a one year wonder like other running QBs have been in the recent past (Vick and Cam) that Rodgers, Brees, and Brady don't carry.

I'll probably wait until like round 10 to take a QB next year. I was one of the guys who grabbed an elite QB in almost every league this year, but it really hasn't been worth it these past couple years. I realized that even though a guy like Palmer or Dalton can't match Brees production on a weekly basis - and it is nice to have a set and forget guy - if you get two decent QBs it's really easy to play matchups to get elite QB type numbers. It's even easier than streaming defenses honestly, and much more effective.

Here are all the QBs I would be very happy having as my QB1 next year:
Rodgers, Brees, Brady, RG3, Matt Ryan, P Manning, Stafford, Luck, Vick (if he's a starter), Cam

So that's already 10, and I could settle for guys like Romo, Dalton, and Freeman as well. There's really no need to rush on QB next year. I may take Rodgers, but otherwise I'm only grabbing elite QBs if they fall later than they should.

#3 sott3

sott3

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,142 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

In my league where QBs tend to go very early, I can see Rodgers, Brees, Brady and RG3 going in the first round if RG3 keeps preforming as he has through the end of the season.

QB: M.Stafford

RB: E.Lacy, M.Ingram, R.Matthews, J.Starks

WR: Julio Jones, E.Sanders, S.Smith Sr, D.Moncrief, H.Douglas

TE: Series of clowns

K: M.Bryant

DST: Streaming

#4 tonavin

tonavin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

I think the Big 3 (Brady, Brees, Rodgers) are a lock to go in rd1. Anything after that, I wouldn't necessarily be *surprised*, but I don't personally think I would take the plunge.

#5 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

At this point I'd only take Rodgers round 1 and it would only be if my 1-5 ranked RB were gone.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

Record: 5-8

QB: Big Ben
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Roddy White
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Eric Ebron
DEF: DET DST
K: Dan Carpenter

Bench: PHI DST, Keenan Allen (3.06), , Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), Kenny Stills, Andy Dalton, KaDeem Carey (14.09), Nick Foles (8.09)James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09), Heath Miller (10.09)

#6 Pooskay

Pooskay

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

QB field is going to be pretty deep next year.

i'm going to take my usual route and wait until the middle rounds.

#7 tonavin

tonavin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

I think a large part of it too is how the league scoring is. Most leagues are 4pt passing TDs, making QBs more in line with other player scoring. Some leagues do 6pts for ALL TDs, passing included, making a top-tier QB definitely worthy of a first-round selection

#8 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Rg3 needs to be in that discussion to be picke din the late 1st round honestly
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#9 sott3

sott3

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,142 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

The only issue with RG3 is people may look at what happened to Cam this year and get a little skittish about him.

QB: M.Stafford

RB: E.Lacy, M.Ingram, R.Matthews, J.Starks

WR: Julio Jones, E.Sanders, S.Smith Sr, D.Moncrief, H.Douglas

TE: Series of clowns

K: M.Bryant

DST: Streaming

#10 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

This all depends on league scoring and league size.

Standard scoring I don't think ANY QB is worth a first round pick

6 pts per TD, 2 QB leagues I can see it but the list is very few. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, MAYBE RG3.

#11 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers should be the only QBs considered for a first round pick.

$50 12 Team PPR, 11-2(2-0 playoffs, Champion)

QB: Philip Rivers

RB1: Arian Foster

RB2: Jeremy Hill

WR1: Megatron

WR2: Jordy Nelson

W/R/T: Jeremy Maclin

TE: Rob Gronkowski

Bench: Martavis Bryant, Shane Vereen, Isaiah Crowell, Josh Gordon, Kyle Orton 

#12 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Yeah, I can easily see myself waiting till the middle rounds for my qb, that's what I normally do. I'm not a fan of switching out QB's every week at all, I don't like that strategy, but there's evidence of QB's that become elite that are drafted in middle to late rounds every year. Stafford got drafted so late the year before he went off, and Matty Ice, Peyton and RG3 were all middle to even late round guys last year.

#13 Major

Major

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

The only issue with RG3 is people may look at what happened to Cam this year and get a little skittish about him.

And that's when you buy low.

#14 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Rg3 is NOT Cam Newton. This guy has better passing skills than Cam and really thrives in the option that the Redskins love to run. He also is alittle bit faster than Newton HOWEVER he seems to be a pass first, run later type of guy and thats what you love in your quarterback. i think they are two different players and i honestly cant see any regression in this guy. Over the off season they need to teach him how to slid because thats no doubt going to lead to injuries and i think if he gets that down, its all good

Edited by NyMetsfan5, 27 November 2012 - 03:56 PM.

[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#15 calz way

calz way

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

This all depends on league scoring and league size.

Standard scoring I don't think ANY QB is worth a first round pick

6 pts per TD, 2 QB leagues I can see it but the list is very few. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, MAYBE RG3.

My guess would be 4 (P. Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Brady with RG3 flirting with the 1st but going in the mid to late 2nd), but I think it is foolish to use such an early pick on a QB.

Edit- foolish in a standard league like Gotta said, unique circumstances require different strategy

Edited by calz way, 27 November 2012 - 04:03 PM.

ESPN 12 team money league, H2H each cat., usual 8 categories plus 3pt % and assist to turnover ratio
PG: Russell Westbrook, Tyreke Evans, Raymond Felton
SG: Evan Turner, Paul George
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Jared Dudley, Al-Farouq Aminu
PF: David Lee, Dirk Nowitzki, Tiago Splitter
C: Tiago Splitter, Marc Gasol, Andrew Bogut

#16 CooL

CooL

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

I think a large part of it too is how the league scoring is. Most leagues are 4pt passing TDs, making QBs more in line with other player scoring. Some leagues do 6pts for ALL TDs, passing included, making a top-tier QB definitely worthy of a first-round selection

Agreed. Our league is 6 pts for every TD which makes a premier QB very important. I personally don't like it. A second tier QB in our league has as many points as the top RBs. The argument "everything is relative", meaning everybody scores more QB points so it doesn't really matter, doesn't seem to be all that strong. I could see the top 5 QBs going in our first round next year.

#17 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

If anything this year showed their is no right strategy...

QB early? Ryan, RG3, Dalton ...
RB early? Tell that to the guy in my 14 teamer with Murray/Forte.
WR early? Maybe. Very deep/inconsistent position tho. Cecil MF'n Shorts.
TE early? Gronk/Graham showed they were worth it ... especially with the rest of this year's TEs being completely unreliable. I know Gronk got hurt but his production was worth the high pick before that.

Basically, take whoever you want and hope you get lucky. I think 4-5 QBs will go first round, depending on league size. "Its a passing league bro".

#18 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

If Indy draft well and surround Luck with some better talent, i'm going to overlook all the big names and pick him instead. He is having a phenomenal season with a weak supporting cast in his rookie year, he is only going to get better and better.

I would easily take him over the vastly overrated 'Assy Ice'.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#19 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

I'm going to experiment with a team next year. Attempt to draft one of: Rodgers, Brees, Brady. Load up on stud WR then take the best starting RB I can find and load up on all decent backup RBs. There's a team in one of my yahoo leagues that had to do autopick and that's what happened to him, started with Megatron, A. Green, R. White, he had McGahee and then simply picked up guys like both Browns, Bush etc., the guy is 10-2.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

Record: 5-8

QB: Big Ben
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Roddy White
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Eric Ebron
DEF: DET DST
K: Dan Carpenter

Bench: PHI DST, Keenan Allen (3.06), , Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), Kenny Stills, Andy Dalton, KaDeem Carey (14.09), Nick Foles (8.09)James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09), Heath Miller (10.09)

#20 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'm going to experiment with a team next year. Attempt to draft one of: Rodgers, Brees, Brady. Load up on stud WR then take the best starting RB I can find and load up on all decent backup RBs. There's a team in one of my yahoo leagues that had to do autopick and that's what happened to him, started with Megatron, A. Green, R. White, he had McGahee and then simply picked up guys like both Browns, Bush etc., the guy is 10-2.

That's similar to what I did minus the taking a big name QB early. I went Megatron, Graham, Marshall, Julio, Sproles, Bradshaw, BGE. I felt that my first 4 picks would be more consistent than most RBs in the early rounds. I'm 8-4 and have had my fair share of bad luck with injuries(Graham, Julio, Jordy, Bradshaw, Megatron, Sproles, McGahee).

I may take a similar approach next year going with WR, TE, WR if I can.

$50 12 Team PPR, 11-2(2-0 playoffs, Champion)

QB: Philip Rivers

RB1: Arian Foster

RB2: Jeremy Hill

WR1: Megatron

WR2: Jordy Nelson

W/R/T: Jeremy Maclin

TE: Rob Gronkowski

Bench: Martavis Bryant, Shane Vereen, Isaiah Crowell, Josh Gordon, Kyle Orton