Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

All Star Stats

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Buzzard

Buzzard

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

...what happened to All Star Stats?

I received a message saying they're closing. Curious if anyone knows why. They have by far the best service, (most expensive too) in the industry. They offered us a free year with CBS so I'm wondering if CBS bought them out, or if it drove them out.

Not that this is an important question, (in light of events going on today) but I thought I'd see if anyone knew. Sad to see them go.

#2 damana

damana

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

I too am sad that they are going. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into CBSsports and their service. I've played on Yahoo and Allstar stats exclusively and I am not to thrilled with yahoo's service. My league is a keeper with some older guys in it who are not the most computer savvy bunch, so ease of access is key. I've been looking into onroto.com but I'm not sure that the rest of the league would like their format. If there are any other sites that you guys know about I would love to know about them too! Thanks!
4X4 AL East and NL only Keeper auction league (Keep 10)

C. Davis ($25)(3 years)
D. Murphy ($6)(3 years)
B. Harper ($17)(2 years)
E. Cabrera ($4)(3 years)
X. Boegaerts (3rd base eligible only)($6)(4 years)
A. Jones ($27)(1 year)
K. Jensen ($8)(3 years)
M. Minor ($7)(3 years)
A. Cobb ($9)(3 years)
A. Cashner ($6)(3 years)

#3 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I too am sad that they are going. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into CBSsports and their service. I've played on Yahoo and Allstar stats exclusively and I am not to thrilled with yahoo's service. My league is a keeper with some older guys in it who are not the most computer savvy bunch, so ease of access is key. I've been looking into onroto.com but I'm not sure that the rest of the league would like their format. If there are any other sites that you guys know about I would love to know about them too! Thanks!

I don't have any insight to CBS baseball, I do use onroto. When you first start out, it is kind of confusing mainly because there is a lot of information crammed onto the frontpage after you log in. After a few months though, it is easy and very helpful, especially the player notes and probable pitchers. The main page gives you everything you need to know about your team and helps keep you informed. I just tried it last year (after fanball shut down) and it is very helpful to have all those features about your team.

Edited by baltimore_boy, 01 December 2012 - 06:34 PM.

Bring back Ray!

#4 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

...what happened to All Star Stats?

I received a message saying they're closing. Curious if anyone knows why. They have by far the best service, (most expensive too) in the industry. They offered us a free year with CBS so I'm wondering if CBS bought them out, or if it drove them out.

Not that this is an important question, (in light of events going on today) but I thought I'd see if anyone knew. Sad to see them go.

I second Balty's call of Onroto. Its very reasonably priced (99 a season I think) and it has a ton of features and a very deep database. If you guys do minor leaguers, they have an extremely deep list and great customer service, if there is a player drafted in your league who isnt in the database for Minors, they will add in.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#5 Halo Fan

Halo Fan

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,860 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Yeah, we were with USA Stats, which was taken over by AllStar, now it looks like we'll probably be using CBS...at least for the free year...hey, they provide a free bobble head trophy for the league champ...lol!
"Only boring people find baseball boring." ~ Peter Golenboch

"...the knowledge of the game is usually in inverse proportion to the price of the seats." ~ Bill Veeck

"The last time Willie Mays dropped a pop fly he had a rattle in one hand and a bonnet on his head." ~ Jim Murray

"If my uniform doesn't get dirty, I haven't done anything in the baseball game." ~ Rickey Henderson

"The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back." ~ Steve Garvey

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out." ~ George Brett

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." ~ Rogers Hornsby

"Winning depends on where you put your priorities. It's usually best to put them over the fence." ~ Jason Giambi

#6 yort1919

yort1919

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hey Guys, we were using allstarstats.com and now that they took the money and ran, we are going to use www.fanstar.com check it out. $70 for the year and they've been around for 20 years...very good site, very comparible to allstarstats. have a look.
“Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world.”- Babe Ruth