Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

2012 Winter Meetings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 TheWrightStuff

TheWrightStuff

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Share what you wish! For me, hearing them state Dickey as the number #1 trade possibility is somewhat intriguing. If they go that route, I sure hope it's worthwhile...
2013 CHAMP!- Field of Dreams (10 team, H2H, 5x5 [TB/OBP/R/SB/RBI...QS/W/K/ERA/WHIP]-No RP)

2014:
C-C.Santana (1B/3B), S.Vogt (1B/OF)
1B-F.Freeman, A.Craig (OF)
2B-N.Walker, J.Harrison (3B/OF)
3B- M.Machado, C.McGehee (1B)
SS- B.Zobrist (2B/OF), X.Bogaerts(3B)
OF-A.McCutchen, Y.Puig, J.Bautista (1B), S.Pearce (1B), M.Byrd, B.Revere

SP-Y.Darvish, G.Cole, J.Shields, C.Hamels, H.Iwakuma, AJ Burnett, H.Bailey,
J.Lackey,D.Hutchison, J.deGrom, C.Morton, J.Quintana, JA Happ, J.Kelly

N/A: N.Syndergaard

Let's go, Mets!

#2 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Share what you wish! For me, hearing them state Dickey as the number #1 trade possibility is somewhat intriguing. If they go that route, I sure hope it's worthwhile...

perhaps Hamilton or Ellsbury is in our future?
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#3 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Trading Dickey? This is one of those situations where fantasy and reality are somewhat relative. Lets say you are in a keeper or dynasty league, what are you really giving up for a 37 year old knuckleballer coming a breakout career year type season? Probably most are skeptical and not giving much, its probably the same with the real players too.

Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#4 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

perhaps Hamilton or Ellsbury is in our future?

Sign me up for Ellsbury on the Mets. That'd be a great move.

14 Team PPR. One Keeper. All TDs worth six.

QB/ Wilson
RB/ Jamaal
WR/ Edelman
FX/ Wright
FX/ Bradshaw
FX/ McKinnon
TE/ Kelce
DST/ Titans
K/ Parkey
Bn/ Hill, Hunter, Shorts, P Thomas, LaFell

Championships: 4 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#5 damana

damana

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Trading Dickey? This is one of those situations where fantasy and reality are somewhat relative. Lets say you are in a keeper or dynasty league, what are you really giving up for a 37 year old knuckleballer coming a breakout career year type season? Probably most are skeptical and not giving much, its probably the same with the real players too.

I'm going to disagree here. I think that the Mets can really get something back if they approach this right. Dickey discovered how to work in his fastball and really keep hitters off balance last year. Not only that, he's pitched at least 175 innings the past three years. His surface stats have been very good over that time frame. Dickey can provide teams with a solid innings eater who puts up good numbers. Truthfully I hope the Mets keep him as Santana is coming off the books next year and they need a good guy to guide their young pitchers. With all the money coming off the books in 2014 I could see them signing Ellsbury. As is, I doubt they trade for him and I personally would hate to see Them bring in Hamilton. I know you don't pay for speed, but they need someone to lead off and create some havok on the basepaths in front of their boppers. Their prospect list doesn't really scream offense in the OF so I could see them signing someone in that vein next year.
4X4 AL East and NL only Keeper auction league (Keep 10)

C. Davis ($25)(3 years)
D. Murphy ($6)(3 years)
B. Harper ($17)(2 years)
E. Cabrera ($4)(3 years)
X. Boegaerts (3rd base eligible only)($6)(4 years)
A. Jones ($27)(1 year)
K. Jensen ($8)(3 years)
M. Minor ($7)(3 years)
A. Cobb ($9)(3 years)
A. Cashner ($6)(3 years)

#6 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,952 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

Teams likely arent to skeptical if they look at his last 3 seasons where he has been a well above average pitcher. I dont think anyone would sell the farm for this guy, but to get him for a year on the cheap and then work on resigning him it would make a lot of sense for a lot of teams. Its not like hes had one good season, hes had two good seasons and one cy young caliber season in a row. Hes not just a 4 or 5 SP who eats innings he gives the team a chance to win everytime he goes out and the age issue with him is much less of a factor due to the fact he isnt a velocity pitcher so theres less risk of him falling off the cliff.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#7 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

610 WIP is reporting that the Phillies are the early front-runners to sign Angel Pagan
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#8 TheWrightStuff

TheWrightStuff

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Looks like 610 WIP was wrong...Pagan back to SF---4 for 40m
2013 CHAMP!- Field of Dreams (10 team, H2H, 5x5 [TB/OBP/R/SB/RBI...QS/W/K/ERA/WHIP]-No RP)

2014:
C-C.Santana (1B/3B), S.Vogt (1B/OF)
1B-F.Freeman, A.Craig (OF)
2B-N.Walker, J.Harrison (3B/OF)
3B- M.Machado, C.McGehee (1B)
SS- B.Zobrist (2B/OF), X.Bogaerts(3B)
OF-A.McCutchen, Y.Puig, J.Bautista (1B), S.Pearce (1B), M.Byrd, B.Revere

SP-Y.Darvish, G.Cole, J.Shields, C.Hamels, H.Iwakuma, AJ Burnett, H.Bailey,
J.Lackey,D.Hutchison, J.deGrom, C.Morton, J.Quintana, JA Happ, J.Kelly

N/A: N.Syndergaard

Let's go, Mets!

#9 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

haaaah so much for that. Pagan is a nice player, that seems like a little high though.

Bourn time?

Edited by malta69, 03 December 2012 - 04:25 PM.

Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#10 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Greinke and Hamilton need to sign so we can mock draft already!
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#11 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

haaaah so much for that. Pagan is a nice player, that seems like a little high though.

Bourn time?

It is an overprice probably for the Giants, but its also more expensive to be a player in SF than other places. Just taxes alone in the state of CA for that kind of salary are 13%. Not sure what they are in PA, but probably not 13%. If they are bidding against say a team with 5% state tax, thats a 3.2 Million dollar difference over the life of the contract, so for the Giants

4 for 40 versus a team in a state with 5% its 4 for $36.8 Million

4 for 40 versus a team with no state tax like the Texas or FLA teams? They could go 4 for 34.8 and be the same as the Giants or any CA team for that matter.

That said, nobody overpays for middle of the road players like the Giants, Im sure their fans are hoping that these years arent dead at the end like Aubrey Huff, Freddy Sanchez, Aaron Rowand, Dave Roberts, Mark DeRosa, Michael Tucker...and the list goes on and on..
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#12 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Anyone @ the Radisson?
"He hears the crescendoing last chords of the national anthem and sees the great open horseshoe of the grandstand and that unfolding vision of the grass that always seems to mean he has stepped outside his life - the rubbed shine that sweeps and bends from the raked dirt of the infield out to the high green fences. It is the excitement of a revealed thing."

#13 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Victorino signs with the Red Sox. This was the RW note:

According to WEEI's Alex Speier, the Red Sox have agreed to a three-year deal with Shane Victorino.

It's worth $38.75 million. Victorino had a number of other three-year offers and even one four-year proposal, but Boston gave him the best annual average salary and the chance to contend immediately. The 32-year-old is expected to start in right field. He batted .255/.321/.383 with 11 homers, 55 RBI and 39 stolen bases in 154 games this past season between the Phillies and Dodgers.

Am I reading that right? The BOSTON RED SOX give him the best chance to contend immediately?

Edited by baltimore_boy, 04 December 2012 - 05:46 PM.

Bring back Ray!

#14 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,024 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Mariners linked to Jason Bay and Raul Ibanez. Its so fun being a Mariners fan...............

#15 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Mariners linked to Jason Bay and Raul Ibanez. Its so fun being a Mariners fan...............

At least you now have Robert Andino. With Ryan and Andino sharing time at short, just think of the fear that they will strike into the opposing pitcher.
Bring back Ray!

#16 Baseball Jonze

Baseball Jonze

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Easy. Grienke to Dodgers and Hamilton goes back to Texas.

Anibal Sanchez to the Los Angeles Angels.
I don't care who is on your fantasy team.

#17 TheJRod2006

TheJRod2006

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Yankees have shown interest if Jeff Keppinger (who is supposedly seeking 3 years/12 million), Kevin Youkilis (who would do a 1 year deal on a high salary), and AJ Pierzynski (although with AJ, they're probably just doing due diligence).
Do you really care who is on my team? I have Mike Trout and Arian Foster in keeper leagues in their respective sports.

Twitter: @MrJaredMoore

#18 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Easy. Grienke to Dodgers and Hamilton goes back to Texas.

Anibal Sanchez to the Los Angeles Angels.

I admit thats the favorite for the big two, but in recent years the big names go to shocker surprises. Pujols, Lee, Fielder, Crawford, Agonz.... nobody saw a lot of those coming til the last second.
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#19 WahooManiac

WahooManiac

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Saw mlbn reported Indians may be working a deal for J Up
Good pitching will beat good hitting anytime, and vice versa. -Bob Veale

We're reaching the pt where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. -Thomas Boswell

#20 phizzics

phizzics

On the Ballot

• Moderators
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

I was hoping J Upton would find a way to land in Toronto. They seem to have just a little bit of luck developing power hitters :P