Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

2012 Heisman Trophy Award

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Poll: 2012 Heisman (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Who deserves to win the 2012 Heisman Trophy

1. Johnny Manziel (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Collin Klein (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Manti Te'o (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

The three finalists were announced today. Who's gonna win it this year?
Bring back Ray!

#2 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,874 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

If past history is our guide it will be Manziel. Tebow won it when he broke the SEC combined yardage record, Newton broke Tebows record and won it, now Manziel breaks Newtons record. Best player in the best conference, freshman or not, he deserves it.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#3 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

If past history is our guide it will be Manziel. Tebow won it when he broke the SEC combined yardage record, Newton broke Tebows record and won it, now Manziel breaks Newtons record. Best player in the best conference, freshman or not, he deserves it.

I still think Jordan Lynch deserved a shot. No one really toook notice of NIU (until the BCS this week), but Lynch has been lighting it up all year. He's about even with Manziel in passing and blows him away in rushing. He broke Denard Robinson's record for rushing yards by a QB. I'm not saying he should have won, but he should;ve at least been a 4th finalist or have been in over Klein, who's whole campaign was based off of KSU's almost undefeated season.
Bring back Ray!

#4 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,874 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

I still think Jordan Lynch deserved a shot. No one really toook notice of NIU (until the BCS this week), but Lynch has been lighting it up all year. He's about even with Manziel in passing and blows him away in rushing. He broke Denard Robinson's record for rushing yards by a QB. I'm not saying he should have won, but he should;ve at least been a 4th finalist or have been in over Klein, who's whole campaign was based off of KSU's almost undefeated season.

The media always takes dumps on the smaller conference guys, which is a shame as there is some great talent there and some great players. Hopefully he can highlight his ability against FSU.

#5 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,874 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

I dont see anyway a pure defensive player wins the award, even if they are from ND and on an undefeated team. The last "defensive" player to win it was Woodson, no? I dont think hed have had a shot if he didnt return punts/kicks and play some WR as well. I still say the award is a joke as it is only given to the best offensive skill position player, more often than not QB or RB. Orlando Pace should have won it his last year in college and there are defensive players who have been deserving.

#6 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I dont see anyway a pure defensive player wins the award, even if they are from ND and on an undefeated team. The last "defensive" player to win it was Woodson, no? I dont think hed have had a shot if he didnt return punts/kicks and play some WR as well. I still say the award is a joke as it is only given to the best offensive skill position player, more often than not QB or RB. Orlando Pace should have won it his last year in college and there are defensive players who have been deserving.

The only reason Te'o is really in the conversation is because there are not many players this year that have a serious shot at being the Heisman. In past years, you have had RG3, Luck, Tebow, Ingram, and others that have had legitimite chances. There really only is Manziel and Te'o this year, which is why I think they should have given the highly productive players that no one has really noticed (Lynch, Archer, and Carey) a chance to go and be a finalist. They at least deserve a shot over Klein, who really wasn't that great this year.
Bring back Ray!

#7 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Manziel won it. First freshman ever I think.
Bring back Ray!