Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Nate McLouth 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
270 replies to this topic

#1 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

McLouth resigned today to likely be the O's LF next year. He came up big down the stretch and showed that his bat still had life in it. Can he repeat that and keep it up over a full season, or will he fall flat on his face like his last year in Atlanta?
Bring back Ray!

#2 ChrisFarley

ChrisFarley

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm sure he can keep it up, but I had him on my roster during the Atlanta fiasco. I am not very pleased with him lol.

#3 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Any Nate owners out there that can fill me in? Does he sit versus lefties? With Markakis moving back to the three hole is his spot at the top permenant? Would love to nab him after seeing what that O's lineup is capable of. Also like the two early steals.

#4 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Any Nate owners out there that can fill me in? Does he sit versus lefties? With Markakis moving back to the three hole is his spot at the top permenant? Would love to nab him after seeing what that O's lineup is capable of. Also like the two early steals.

His job is safe for now. He's pretty much locked into LF with Reimold as DH as long as Betemit is out. I'd expect to see him out there every day. He sat on Opening Day for Flaherty, but he's now at 2nd after the Roberts injury. He's picking up right where he left off.

However, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Buck play someone like Steve Pearce some days. Buck is a big believer in playing matchups.
Bring back Ray!

#5 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

15HR-20SB this year. Grab him as your tail end OF.

#6 castaway98

castaway98

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

This guy is not getting enough love, he's been the walking embodiment of "cheap speed" thus far, particularly useful in daily leagues when you can just slot him in against RHP.

#7 Crusaderfan

Crusaderfan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

This guy is not getting enough love, he's been the walking embodiment of "cheap speed" thus far, particularly useful in daily leagues when you can just slot him in against RHP.

^^^This. I picked Pierre as a source of cheap steals and he has sucked. McLouth is helping me cover my butt on that bad move.

#8 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Helps in runs, SB's, and hitting for a good AVG and big boost in OBP. The power will come around....he's not a big power hitter but I think he can hit around 15 HR.

Check out his September last year:

.298-5HR-9RBI-20R-5SB

Could provide sneaky value.

#9 lockey2k

lockey2k

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Shhhh...
16 Team 0.5PPR (The Big G.Kowskis)
QB - Stafford
RB - Lacy
WR - Gordon, H. Douglas
TE - Gronkowski
K - Gostkowksi
D - SEA/DAL
BN - S. Smith, K. Allen, M. Crabtree, D. Johnsn

#10 mjb03003

mjb03003

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

He's definitely a solid pickup right now. What gives me confidence that this isn't just a total fluke is that he was very good down the stretch for the O's last year, scoring 35 runs, hitting 7 bombs and stealing 12 bases in just 55 games.

I'm not sure what happened in 2010 and 2011 in Atlanta (maybe he was playing hurt?) but he seems to have gotten back to his 2008-2009 form, which was when he was a 20/20 type guy.

Another thing to point out is that he has 104 career steals in 121 attempts, good for an 86% success rate. I don't think he's the fastest guy in the world but he must get great jumps and/or be very good at reading pitchers. If he keeps getting on at a healthy clip, he could be a sneaky 25-30 SB guy.

Edited by mjb03003, 25 April 2013 - 11:45 AM.

10 team 2-QB, PPR, IDP, Auction dynasty
QB1 - Peyton Manning, QB2 - Colin Kaepernick
WR1 - Julio Jones, WR2 - Steve Smith Sr.
RB1 - Matt Forte, RB2 - Giovani Bernard
TE - Travis Kelce
W/R - Ronnie Hillman
W/T - Keenan Allen
Bench - Derek Carr, Mike Evans, Michael Crabtree, Cordarrelle Patterson, Davante Adams, Ladarius Green

DB1 - Harrison Smith, DB2 - Kenny Vaccaro, DB3 - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
DL1 - Cameron Wake, DB2 - Carlos Dunlap, DL3 - Jadaveon Clowney
LB1 - Lavonte David, LB2 - Paul Worrilow LB3 - Ryan Shazier
D Flex - K.J. Wright
Bench - Kiko Alonso, Dont'a Hightower

IR - Paul Posluszny

#11 jamesisharden

jamesisharden

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

He's definitely a solid pickup right now. What gives me confidence that this isn't just a total fluke is that he was very good down the stretch for the O's last year, scoring 35 runs, hitting 7 bombs and stealing 12 bases in just 55 games.

I'm not sure what happened in 2010 and 2011 in Atlanta (maybe he was playing hurt?) but he seems to have gotten back to his 2008-2009 form, which was when he was a 20/20 type guy.

Another thing to point out is that he has 104 career steals in 121 attempts, good for an 86% success rate. I don't think he's the fastest guy in the world but he must get great jumps and/or be very good at reading pitchers. If he keeps getting on at a healthy clip, he could be a sneaky 25-30 SB guy.

He struggled with the Braves but also had a concussion and later an oblique injury in 2011 that contributed to his poor performance. I think it was a combination of that and loss of confidence. He was sent down to AAA at one point w/ the Braves.

He's got a nickname in Baltimore, "McClutch," for how he played down the stretch last season.

QB: Foles
RB: Forte
RB: L. Miller
WR: Dez
WR: Andre
TE: Reed
FLEX: Ingram
Bench QB: Carson

Bench RB: Vereen/Sims
Bench WR: Decker/A. Robinson/Percy
Bench TE: Kelce

#12 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

He's a very very smart baserunner. He stole his 5th base last night when there was 2 outs and pitcher was only concerned about getting Machado for the final out. Easy steals.

#13 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

He has power too which he hasn't shown yet, I think a lot of the reason people are sleeping on him is the 0 homers 1 RBI or whatever. He's not just a slap hitter, he can hit in the teens in homers along with the speed and runs scored.

Think poor mans Austin Jackson with more speed but less average and runs.

#14 freevick

freevick

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Dude has talent but will he play everyday?

#15 jamesisharden

jamesisharden

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Dude has talent but will he play everyday?

He's leading off against righty's, but will see days off against Lefty's (or dropped in the order).

I'd say he's pretty safe. The only threat to his playing time is if Betemit comes back and pushes Reimold to play the OF more often.

QB: Foles
RB: Forte
RB: L. Miller
WR: Dez
WR: Andre
TE: Reed
FLEX: Ingram
Bench QB: Carson

Bench RB: Vereen/Sims
Bench WR: Decker/A. Robinson/Percy
Bench TE: Kelce

#16 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

parker ® on the mound

safe to say mclouth is playing tonight?

#17 W74

W74

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Yep, and leading off.

Sons of Anthony (10 Team H2H Points - Keeper)

Scoring - FGM(3), FTM(2), 3PM(5), REB(1), BLK(1), STL(1), AST(1), TO(-1)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[PG] - Derrick Rose, Isaiah Thomas

[SG] - Dwayne Wade, Monta Ellis, J.R. Smith, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

[SF] - Carmelo Anthony, Khris Middleton, Draymond Green

[PF] - LaMarcus Aldridge, Pau Gasol, David Lee

[C] - Jonas Valanciunas, Henry Sims, Steven Adams

[IR] - Michael Carter-Williams, Nick Young

#18 mattp13

mattp13

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

I haven't missed an at bat of his all season and he looks great so far. He's playing so well I think he's going to start playing vs lefties more.

#19 rdubs23

rdubs23

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

For cheap speed do you guys like him or Rajai Davis, or both?
#HANCHISE

#20 Fenam

Fenam

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

For cheap speed do you guys like him or Rajai Davis, or both?

McNasty. Less competition.

"He who knows much about others is learned, but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still."

- Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King