Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Avery Bradley 2012-2013 Season OutlookPredictions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
149 replies to this topic

#1 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Roto is reporting that he might be back in full practice in 1-2 weeks....

Any predictions for this guy this season?

#2 binhdvu83

binhdvu83

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

They are too stacked at SG right now to really predict how many minutes he's going to be able to get. Though his defense is clearly better than Terry, his offense is still suspect. I can't see him playing more than 20-22 mpg. He's probably not on the radar unless youre in a deeper 14+ team leagues.
30 team (9-cat) H2H NBA dynasty league 1st year
G: CP3, J. Butler, J. Jack, S. Livingston, P. Prigioni
F: T. Harris, C. Frye, B. Diaw, M. Miller
C: M. Gasol, B. Wright

30 team (8-cat) H2H NBA dynasty league  6th year
PG: J. Calderon, M. Chalmers
SG: A. Bradley, D. Harris
SF: N. Batum,  J. Johnson
PF: D. Nowitzki, C. Bosh
C: Anthony Davis

#3 bobbyhurley

bobbyhurley

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

I hear you on the stacked backcourt, but I could easily see Bradley getting close to 30 mpg. Remember, he had a mammoth impact on the C's defensive, and weirdly, offensive - numbers late last year (though his skills as a defender showed more on the real life court than in fantasy). Might not start straight away, but once he's up to speed health wise he'll play a big role.

#4 El_Chingon

El_Chingon

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

View Postbinhdvu83, on 05 December 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

They are too stacked at SG right now to really predict how many minutes he's going to be able to get. Though his defense is clearly better than Terry, his offense is still suspect. I can't see him playing more than 20-22 mpg. He's probably not on the radar unless youre in a deeper 14+ team leagues.

Stacked at SG? Barbosa and C. Lee are garbage, and Jet is a career 6th man who will back up Rondo and Avery. Avery will be starting and getting 30+ minutes as soon as he's healthy and back in game shape.

#5 Kawz

Kawz

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Expectations for Bradley this season?  Looks like he'll be back first game of the New Year.  I'm wondering about his minutes potential with Jet on the teqm
16 Team H2H 9 Cat Redraft League

G - Lance Stephenson, Caron Butler, Danny Green, Jeremy Lin,
F - Lamarcus Aldridge, Chandler Parsons, Thaddeus Young, Corey Brewer, Wilson Chandler
C - Al Jefferson, Spencer Hawes, John Henson, Jared Sullinger

#6 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

He's going to be the starter, and is a lock for at least 20 minutes per game. However, as far as fantasy contributions go, I don't think he'll be on the radar.

#7 monkeyzonSteroids

monkeyzonSteroids

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

View Postballsohard, on 23 December 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

He's going to be the starter, and is a lock for at least 20 minutes per game. However, as far as fantasy contributions go, I don't think he'll be on the radar.

agreed, they have to many sg's on the roster right now...

#8 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostmonkeyzonSteroids, on 23 December 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Lee is involved in a trade for a big man. I never understood his signing in the first place; Terry and Bradley are already firmly entrenched at SG, and Pierce and Green are already firmly entrenched at SF. Spending $5M on a 2+ month insurance option while Bradley is out didn't make sense to me, especially considering they were able to go out and get Barbosa soon after, and remain dangerously thin at the center position.

#9 hornrimmed_rambis

hornrimmed_rambis

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

To end the last month of last season, he delivered ~#93 rank value in 8-cat, and was universally extolled for delivering energy to a sagging team. Pluses in 3pm and stls. On his competitors for minutes, Terry is better suited to 6th man and backup PG, and Lee is better suited to collect splinters.
My team:
G: Wall, George Hill, Knight, Lou Williams, Kobe, Farmar
F: Turner, Carroll, TJones, Mike Scott, Alphabet
C: Anthony Davis, Valanciunas, Glen Davis

#10 inspiron22

inspiron22

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

View Posthornrimmed_rambis, on 23 December 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

To end the last month of last season, he delivered ~#93 rank value in 8-cat, and was universally extolled for delivering energy to a sagging team. Pluses in 3pm and stls. On his competitors for minutes, Terry is better suited to 6th man and backup PG, and Lee is better suited to collect splinters.

Yeah he was on fire toward season end but he also had monster minutes (looks like 35+ on average).

Not sure that is possible with the logjam in the BOS rotation--any additional thoughts here? He could be a more palatable Thabo Sefolosha/Tony Allen from a fantasy perspective if he had the minutes

#11 monkeyzonSteroids

monkeyzonSteroids

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

View Postinspiron22, on 24 December 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

View Posthornrimmed_rambis, on 23 December 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Yeah he was on fire toward season end but he also had monster minutes (looks like 35+ on average).

Not sure that is possible with the logjam in the BOS rotation--any additional thoughts here? He could be a more palatable Thabo Sefolosha/Tony Allen from a fantasy perspective if he had the minutes

it will depends if he has worked on his 3 ball. Last year, he was hitting the corner 3 ball consistently (near the end of the year), something that Lee hasn't been doing. He could be a Tony Allen plus about a three a game, which is still pretty good. 16 teamers, it may be time to add to see what he can do and anything lower then that it would be better to see what his role is when he returns.

#12 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Apparently he has a chance of playing tomorrow. What a wonderful Christmas present for the Celtics if that happens.

#13 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

How much minutes does he get if he returns healthy
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#14 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostNyMetsfan5, on 24 December 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Until a trade opens up, Bradley won't be seeing the run he saw at the end of last year. However, he should be a lock for 20 minutes, and depending on matchups he could see close to 30 on any given night.

#15 mmahandicapper

mmahandicapper

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

is he an add in a 20 teamer?  what will his stats be going forward?  I'm guessing 10/3 (rebounds)/1 assist/1.5 stls ??

#16 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,689 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

View Postmmahandicapper, on 24 December 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

is he an add in a 20 teamer?  what will his stats be going forward?  I'm guessing 10/3 (rebounds)/1 assist/1.5 stls ??

Yes. He will certainly be getting enough minutes to be owned in a 20 teamer. I feel like his potential to start and possibly average close to 30 MPG makes him rosterable even in competitive 16 team leagues.

He will be a plus player in steals and probably in 3PM while scoring a little less than 10 PPG and chipping in minimal contributions in boards and assists. His percentages last year were .498% FG and .795% FT. I don't expect that type of shooting from the floor again, but he's proven to be able to maintain solid shooting numbers.

It will likely take at least a few games for him to really earn fantasy relevance, though, as he finds his role on Boston's roster.

#17 El_Chingon

El_Chingon

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostmonkeyzonSteroids, on 23 December 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

View Postballsohard, on 23 December 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

View Postballsohard, on 24 December 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostNyMetsfan5, on 24 December 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Until a trade opens up, Bradley won't be seeing the run he saw at the end of last year. However, he should be a lock for 20 minutes, and depending on matchups he could see close to 30 on any given night.

I don't get the pessimism on this guy.  To think the likes of Courtney Lee or Barbosa will threaten Avery's minutes is laughable. Even Ray Allen couldn't hold this guy back. Avery has elite value in real-life as one of the top perimeter defenders in the NBA, and proved to be a great complement to Rondo in the starting lineup. He will eventually start and get all the run he can handle, with Jet coming off the bench as the 6th man and Lee collecting DNPs.

Give him a few weeks to get his legs back under him, but I see no reason he won't eventually replicate last April's numbers: 32 minutes per game, 15 pts, 1.2 3PM, 1.2 STL, solid percentages low turnovers. I'll take those numbers in 14 or even 12 team leagues.

Edited by El_Chingon, 25 December 2012 - 06:20 AM.

#18 inspiron22

inspiron22

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

I have to say that the scoring is a bit on the optimistic side... 15 pts!?

#19 El_Chingon

El_Chingon

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

View Postinspiron22, on 25 December 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

I have to say that the scoring is a bit on the optimistic side... 15 pts!?

Why the question mark and explanation point?  Again, look at games logs last season beginning from March 25 until he was shut down in the playoffs w/ shoulder injury.  15 points during 32 minutes/game during month of April.

#20 wisegeeks

wisegeeks

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

just dropped Aminu to pick up this guy in a 16 team league