Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

RW Blurb QuestionDoes anybody else see this?


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Here's an example of what I am talking about:


With Brandon Bolden's four-game suspension over, head coach Bill Belichick was non-committal when asked if the running back would play this week.

”I don’t know. We’ll see how it goes this week,” Belichick said. ”He just came back this week. We’ll see how it goes. I don’t know.” Typical Belichick fashion. The Patriots have a one-week roster execpmtion, and with Shane Vereen and Danny Woodhead clicking behind Stevan Ridley, we wouldn't expect to see Bolden on Monday night against the Texans.

What is that stuff at the beginning? It seems like it is supposed to be quotes, but it doesn't look like them. Not a big deal, just curious if anyone else sees this or if it supposed to happen.
Bring back Ray!

#2 The Harsh

The Harsh

    I like .webms.

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Postbaltimore_boy, on 05 December 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Here's an example of what I am talking about:


With Brandon Bolden's four-game suspension over, head coach Bill Belichick was non-committal when asked if the running back would play this week.

”I don’t know. We’ll see how it goes this week,” Belichick said. ”He just came back this week. We’ll see how it goes. I don’t know.” Typical Belichick fashion. The Patriots have a one-week roster execpmtion, and with Shane Vereen and Danny Woodhead clicking behind Stevan Ridley, we wouldn't expect to see Bolden on Monday night against the Texans.

What is that stuff at the beginning? It seems like it is supposed to be quotes, but it doesn't look like them. Not a big deal, just curious if anyone else sees this or if it supposed to happen.

This is a fairly common occurrence - it's just apostrophes/quote marks that didn't get translated properly. A random sequence of characters is produced when there's a mismatch between the original encoding (the way it's typed) and the encoding the website "tells" the browser to use. Whoever wrote the piece was probably using an unusual font or word processor.
Are the Rotoworld forums lagging for you? Please report the issue here: http://www.rotoworld.com/about/help.aspx. It's the best way to force a change!

#3 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostThe Harsh, on 05 December 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

View Postbaltimore_boy, on 05 December 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Here's an example of what I am talking about:


With Brandon Bolden's four-game suspension over, head coach Bill Belichick was non-committal when asked if the running back would play this week.

”I don’t know. We’ll see how it goes this week,” Belichick said. ”He just came back this week. We’ll see how it goes. I don’t know.” Typical Belichick fashion. The Patriots have a one-week roster execpmtion, and with Shane Vereen and Danny Woodhead clicking behind Stevan Ridley, we wouldn't expect to see Bolden on Monday night against the Texans.

What is that stuff at the beginning? It seems like it is supposed to be quotes, but it doesn't look like them. Not a big deal, just curious if anyone else sees this or if it supposed to happen.

This is a fairly common occurrence - it's just apostrophes/quote marks that didn't get translated properly. A random sequence of characters is produced when there's a mismatch between the original encoding (the way it's typed) and the encoding the website "tells" the browser to use. Whoever wrote the piece was probably using an unusual font or word processor.

Thanks. It just looked odd and I didn't know if it happened to other people too.
Bring back Ray!

#4 The Harsh

The Harsh

    I like .webms.

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

View Postbaltimore_boy, on 05 December 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

Thanks. It just looked odd and I didn't know if it happened to other people too.

You're going crazy. :P
Are the Rotoworld forums lagging for you? Please report the issue here: http://www.rotoworld.com/about/help.aspx. It's the best way to force a change!