Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Mickael Pietrus 2012-2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 TheFuture1

TheFuture1

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Really??

21 points, six rebounds, a steal and two 3-pointers- 40 minutes.

Anything to see here? Toronto seems desperate for some guard help besides Lowry and DeRozan

ESPN 12 Team (PPR - 1pt)
QB- Eli
RB- Lacy, starks, McKinnon, vereen, ingram, Sankey
WR- Nelson, Garcon, Crabtree Patterson,Beckham JR TE- Reed/Cameron

Yahoo 12 Team (PPR- 1 pt)
QB- Luck
RB- Peterson, P. Thomas, Tate, Asiata, McKinnon,
WR- AJ Green, Kelvin Benjamin, Torrey Smith, C. Patterson TE- Julius Thomas, L. Donnell

Bizzarro 10 team (PPR- 1pt)
QB- Cam, Kaepernick
RB- Peterson, Ball, Ellington, P. Thomas, Asiata
WR/ TE- Antonio Brown, J. Edelman, B. Quick, Kelce, G. Tate

ESPN- NBA- 10 TEAM- H2H 10 Categories

PG- Bledsoe, IT2, Collison, Augustin, Peyton

SG/SF- Harden, Kobe, Rudy Gay, Lance Stephenson, Chandler Parsons, OJ Mayo

PF/C- Josh Smith, Al Horford, Ed Davis,

#2 Bkswag

Bkswag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Disappearing act coming soon!

core team 

Lillard • Linn • Bledsoe • Calderon

Kobe • Leonard • Lebron

P. Gasol • T.Jones • R.Lopez

12 team.. Espn Points League (keeper)

#3 Kawz

Kawz

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

The Toronto SF position has been up for grabs all season. I picked him up in both my 16 teamers because even when Kleiza comes back I think Pietrus will carve out 25mpg+ based on his hustle. The Raps & Dwayne Casey have had little to cheer about this year, so they may continue to give minutes to Pietrus to find out what happens...s---, nothing else is working anyway
14 Team H2H 9 Cat Redraft League

G - Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, Patrick Beverly, Wes Johnson
F - Rudy Gay, Thaddeus Young, KJ McDaniels, Matt Barnes, Harrison Barnes, Robert Covington
C - Markieff Morris, Jordan Hill, Rudy Gobert

#4 KeyboardHero

KeyboardHero

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Last night was a very benificial match up for Pietrus.

Sacramento moved Salmons onto Derozan and Evans on Lowry leaving Brooks to guard Pietrus. It took a while for the Raptors to realize they actually had a mismatch for the first time in a decade, but when they did they took advantage of it. Not sure where Pietrus will go from here, but I wouldn't read too much into last nights game.

#5 Assasinn3

Assasinn3

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Nothing to see here... this guy is just not good enough.

Raptors are so dumb btw. Again I'll repeat this... let's pick a SF with the #9 draft pick who wasn't even projected in the top 15 and then sign a scrub in Fields for a HUGE contract to start over him. Then instead of giving our #9 pick a shot while Fields is out and we are 4-14, we'll sign scrub Pietrus to solve our problem at SF so that maybe we can still make the playoffs! Then let's bench JV because he's the reason we're not winning... You're 4-15, and you're not going to play your rookies 30mins/g+?? Simply put Raptors are NOT going to make the playoffs, like wtf are they doing? I hate this team... terrible management, terrible.

#6 imdebaser

imdebaser

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Not to pour salt on the wound, but you forgot to mention that the Raptors won't have their pick unless it's in the top 3. They can also keep the pick if they make the playo :lol: Sorry, couldn't finish that sentence.

So if there was ever a team in the history of the NBA that should play their two high pick rookies all the minutes they can handle, it's the 2012-2013 Raptors. As for Pietrus, the guy doesn't give you any stl, ast, blk, hurts your FT%, and kills your FG%. Other than that he's a good pick up.

#7 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Someone just dropped 71 bucks for him in my faab budget league (200 total). Wow.

Guy will have some value if he continues to start and log 32+ minutes (not sure how long that will last. Value is steals and threes really. Nothing that special but somewhat useful in the interim.
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#8 Nucker101

Nucker101

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Raptors are so dumb btw. Again I'll repeat this... let's pick a SF with the #9 draft pick who wasn't even projected in the top 15 and then sign a scrub in Fields for a HUGE contract to start over him. Then instead of giving our #9 pick a shot while Fields is out and we are 4-14, we'll sign scrub Pietrus to solve our problem at SF so that maybe we can still make the playoffs! Then let's bench JV because he's the reason we're not winning... You're 4-15, and you're not going to play your rookies 30mins/g+?? Simply put Raptors are NOT going to make the playoffs, like wtf are they doing? I hate this team... terrible management, terrible.

I agree that they need new management, but Ross looks pretty good. He has all the tools to be a really good scorer with good shot and great athleticism. Bargnani has to go, and the Fields/Amir contracts look pretty bad. Lowry has been great though. Lowry, JV and Ross all look like good players to build a decent team with, Derozan IMO is what he is and won't be much more than an average player because he can't shoot from distance and isn't a very good defender. Ed Davis looks improved this year, I'd like to see him get more minutes. This team has a good amount of useful players, but all of them are being asked to do too much.

#9 crazy47larry

crazy47larry

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

The Raptors were really high on him last year but balked at signing him at the last minute because of his knees. Of course he then went on to sign with Boston. I know Casey really likes him and Pietrus was apparently hoping to sign with Toronto last year so it fits well in that sense. Honestly very few players actually WANT to play for Toronto and that is just a fact, so getting a guy that does is quite huge. Changing the culture in TO is a big thing otherwise the Raptors will just be the typical minor league farm team for the other big market clubs (READ: Any club not named Lakers). I don't necessarily think he should be playing more than Ross but I do think starting him ahead of Ross makes sense. Casey just doesn't trust rookies or young players in general. It's the same reason why Bargnani gets way more run than he should, because Casey simply trusts him more.
I play fantasy sports

#10 BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Assassin3 is so dumb btw. Again I'll repeat this... let's pick a SF with the #9 draft pick who wasn't even projected in the top 15 and then sign a scrub in Fields for a HUGE contract to start over him. Then instead of giving our #9 pick a shot while Fields is out and we are 4-14, we'll sign scrub Pietrus to solve our problem at SF so that maybe we can still make the playoffs! Then let's bench JV because he's the reason we're not winning... You're 4-15, and you're not going to play your rookies 30mins/g+?? Simply put Raptors are NOT going to make the playoffs, like wtf are they doing? I hate this team... terrible management, terrible.

Ross is a SG and he was projected to go late lottery. They're trying to win you **** **** why would you throw out two rookies. Take two seconds to use your brain to figure out that a 190lbs rookie guard is not capable of defending NBA Small forwards out of the gate. The season isn't even lost yet and you want them to tank for nothing? They don't have their first round pick this year unless its out of the lottery or top 3. /rant

Back on topic. Anderson and Landry will be back around New years so I don't expect Pietrus to get minutes unless Kleiza is dealt along with Bargnani and Jose to LA. Temporary stint of 3s, rebounds and steals, not going to get a lot of shots as the 4-5th option.

#11 Kawz

Kawz

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Looking good so far

F - Rudy Gay, Thaddeus Young, KJ McDaniels, Matt Barnes, Harrison Barnes, Robert Covington

#12 imdebaser

imdebaser

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Adding to watch list.

#13 Bkswag

Bkswag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

With Sunday and Monday games.. Ill be ur huckleberry..

core team 

Kobe • Leonard • Lebron

#14 Assasinn3

Assasinn3

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Ross is a SG and he was projected to go late lottery. They're trying to win you **** **** why would you throw out two rookies. Take two seconds to use your brain to figure out that a 190lbs rookie guard is not capable of defending NBA Small forwards out of the gate. The season isn't even lost yet and you want them to tank for nothing? They don't have their first round pick this year unless its out of the lottery or top 3. /rant

Back on topic. Anderson and Landry will be back around New years so I don't expect Pietrus to get minutes unless Kleiza is dealt along with Bargnani and Jose to LA. Temporary stint of 3s, rebounds and steals, not going to get a lot of shots as the 4-5th option.

Damn dude, some harsh words. Lol.

Bro, how about you take 2 seconds to realize that that's the the problem... Raptors are trying to win... they are 4-16. That makes them LAST PLACE, bro. That makes them just as bad as Washington, bro. What makes you think they can start winning, let alone make the playoffs? lmao. That pick is gone... and you know why? Because the Ratpors made yet another dumb move to acquire Lowry, when they had a starting PG in Calderon. Yeah Lowry is good, but is he worth that pick? Is he THAT much better than Calderon? Is he an all-star PG that is helping the Raptors win? No.

It's fans like you... who defend this garbage team, and its terrible management instead of being pissed at them. Then maybe they will start making some smart moves instead of continuing to be NBA's joke team this season. All management has done this entire year is fill the team with off the bench players while paying them way too much $ -- Fields, Amir, etc.. Instead of making some decent moves -- i.e. draft Drummond over terrible Ross and then trade scrub Bargnani (trade him anyways), or since you can't do that anymore start your damn rookies, give Ross a chance, and just admit defeat this season -- they make another dumb move in signing another scrub that no team wants to keep in Pietrus. Jokes.

Anyways, bro, 4-16? See you when they are marginally better than the rest of the teams in the east and end up with the 4th pick in the draft...

Edited by Assasinn3, 08 December 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#15 Bkswag

Bkswag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

This guy is a clown!!!!

core team 

Kobe • Leonard • Lebron

#16 Kawz

Kawz

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Anyone know if this fools playing tonight?