Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Kellen Moore 2012 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

Guy was just a winner at Boise State and i thought he had massive potential because of his accuracy and just his ways of winning

Anyone know where he is and his outlook for the coming seasons
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#2 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Moore was a product of his team. He played on an offense that was 10x better than any defense they played. Like Chris Leak he was a guy who was good in college because college isn't that good.

As for the pros. He was an undrafted free agent who is currently the 3rd string on the Detroit Lions. Personally, from seeing games at Boise St he would get destroyed in the NFL. He has less than average arm strength with spread offense reads. He got away with a lot because of the team he played with and the conference he played in. Boise St obviosuly had some crazy wins but I don't think his talents ever seemed like they would transfer to the NFL.

A perfect example of Moore is Johnny Football. He made history earlier today and I have no doubts that he will have a very minimal NFL career. His skill set doesn't project well for the NFL just like Moore.

Expect Moore to probably spend another year backing up two Detroit QBs, then probably hang on as a 3rd string QB with random teams for 2-3 years...then he will be out of football forever.

In short, he has as much NFL prospect as me. While he's obviously in the league and I'm not we both have the same chance of doing well in the NFL.

Edited by GottaGetTheWin, 09 December 2012 - 04:29 AM.

#3 footballpimp

footballpimp

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Moore was a product of his team. He played on an offense that was 10x better than any defense they played. Like Chris Leak he was a guy who was good in college because college isn't that good.

As for the pros. He was an undrafted free agent who is currently the 3rd string on the Detroit Lions. Personally, from seeing games at Boise St he would get destroyed in the NFL. He has less than average arm strength with spread offense reads. He got away with a lot because of the team he played with and the conference he played in. Boise St obviosuly had some crazy wins but I don't think his talents ever seemed like they would transfer to the NFL.

A perfect example of Moore is Johnny Football. He made history earlier today and I have no doubts that he will have a very minimal NFL career. His skill set doesn't project well for the NFL just like Moore.

Expect Moore to probably spend another year backing up two Detroit QBs, then probably hang on as a 3rd string QB with random teams for 2-3 years...then he will be out of football forever.

In short, he has as much NFL prospect as me. While he's obviously in the league and I'm not we both have the same chance of doing well in the NFL.

Terrible comparison. I think you are forgetting he is only a freshmen. He has a lot of time to improve before going into the league and to think he won't get better is absurd. Johnny is in the toughest conference in college football, has an above average arm and can run too so I don't think him and Kellen Moore are much alike.
12 Team Keeper(4*)
QB-Jake Locker
WR-Demaryius Thomas*
WR-Cordarrelle Patterson
RB-Jamaal Charles*
RB-Doug Martin*
TE-Dennis Pitta
Flex-Jeremy Maclin
BN-K.Benjamin
BN-C.Hyde
BN-M.Evans
BN-B.Cunningham
BN-J.Dwyer
BN-J.Gordon*

#4 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Terrible comparison. I think you are forgetting he is only a freshmen. He has a lot of time to improve before going into the league and to think he won't get better is absurd. Johnny is in the toughest conference in college football, has an above average arm and can run too so I don't think him and Kellen Moore are much alike.

I'm not comparing their skill set to each other but I am comparing what their NFL careers will be like IMO. You are 100% right that he is only a freshman but I don't think he has the skill set to be much in the NFL.

I could be completely wrong but I also remember in 07 when Chris Leak and Troy Smith were both QBs that were essentially on top of the college world and neither had anything of an NFL career. If I remember right Chris Leak wasn't even drafted and I see more of them in Johnny Football than I see RG3.