Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

12.9.12 - Chargers @ Steelers Game Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 fredth3cat

fredth3cat

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

DX with 2 catches for 45 yards and a TD so far... dude is unstoppable.

#2 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Daaaaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaariiiiiiiiiiiiio
20 team keeper H2H (took over the team), standard Yahoo.  Keepers below.  NA's get put into NA slots (5 max)
C:  d'Arnaud 1B: Lind 2B: Miller SS: Forsythe 3B: Manny Machado OF: Stanton OF: Springer OF: Harper
Util: Salty Bench: Willingham, Suarez, Pena DL: Owings, Myers NA: Solarte Baez (NA)
SP: Strasburg SP: Price RP: Motte RP: Broxton P: Stroman, Storen, Tazawa, Petricka, Santiago, Kendrick DL:Pineda NA:Meyer
Trades: 1) Taijuan Walker and 5th rounder for Ryu and 4th rounder 2) Heyward, Hosmer, Bailey for Ellsbury 3) Abreu for Harper and Lind 6) Soria, Shelby Miller and round 6 pick for Strasburg and 7th rounder 7)  Ellsbury and 3rd rounder for Springer and 1st rounder 8) Francisco, Allen, 7th rounder for 5th rounder 9) Rosenthal and Ryu for Price

Money league Roto
C- Carlos Sant 1B) Abreu 2b) Altuve 3b) E5 SS) Rollins OF- McCutch, Jones, Harper Util- Gardner, Cron Bench: NA: Bryant SPs:  Strasburg, Verlander, Ventura, Hudson, Samardzija, Duffy, Cain, Lester, Walker, Stroman RPs:  Reed Doolittle Papelbon Trades: 1) Joey Bats and Panda for E5 and Werth 2) Morse for RA Dickey 3) Soria for Garza 4) Braun and Mesoraco for McCutch and McCann 5) Werth for Homer Bailey and Gardner 6) Cain for Kemp 7) Hill for Samardzija 8)  Melky, Hosmer, Sale for Strasberg and JUp 9) Garza and Miller for Verlander 10) Balfour for LaRoche 11) Bourn for Soriano 12) Kemp for Lester and Cain 13) JUp, LaRoche, Chisenballs for Adam Jones

#3 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,078 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

How has Big Ben looked?
Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#4 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Spent all morning going back and forth with everyone both in this forum and in the Assistant Coaches forum on DX vs. Givens.

I kept arguing for DX over and over, but was overwhelmed with about 90% of the people for Givens, so of course I made the swtich with 3 minutes to go before kickoff...of course DX scores.

Nobody to blame by myself.
10 Team Auction Draft: OBP & SLG league (dominated the draft, traded for Tulo, currently 83-32-15, 18.5 games ahead of 2nd place)

C:   Wilin Rosario
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Jose Altuve
3B: Todd Frazier
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
CI: Adrian Gonzalez
MI: Jean Segura
OF: Jay, Bruce, Shin-Soo Choo, Justin Upton, Jose Bautista
Util: Josh Willingham
Bench: Jon Singleton, Cole Calhoun, Danny Santana
DL: Mark Trumbo

SP: Max Scherzer, Chris Sale, Anibal Sanchez, Homer Bailey, Jon Lester, Scott Kazmir, Dallas Keuchel, Josh Beckett
RP: Sean Doolittle, Jason Grilli, Ernesto Frieri, Cody Allen

#5 Lebowski87

Lebowski87

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Neither of these teams look very good.
Watching this game from a scouting perspective and having not seen the Chargers this year I can see why they are so bad. They don't have any difference makers on offense. Gates looks like he should be retired, he's pathetically slow at this point. Rivers is pathetically conservative but his line is horrible. He doesn't try to extend the play at all, it's pathetic to see a losing team throw the ball away almost 10 times in one half.
10 Team PPR League- Two Time Champ
QB- Ryan
RB- Martin, Bush
WR- Bryant, Marshall
TE- Heath Miller
Flex- Edelman
K- Walsh
DEF- Pats
Bench- Vick, Lamar Miller, Pierce, Nicks, Amendola

I know football, trust me.

#6 Deckard Pain

Deckard Pain

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostUVA_Drew, on 09 December 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

Spent all morning going back and forth with everyone both in this forum and in the Assistant Coaches forum on DX vs. Givens.

I kept arguing for DX over and over, but was overwhelmed with about 90% of the people for Givens, so of course I made the swtich with 3 minutes to go before kickoff...of course DX scores.

I was one of the Givens advocates and still have faith in him and the Rams turning on in the 2nd half. I hope...

#7 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

I proudly kept saying Danario. In one thread it was 99% some other guy over Danario.  /popcorn.

Danario if healthy is a top 10.
20 team keeper H2H (took over the team), standard Yahoo.  Keepers below.  NA's get put into NA slots (5 max)
C:  d'Arnaud 1B: Lind 2B: Miller SS: Forsythe 3B: Manny Machado OF: Stanton OF: Springer OF: Harper
Util: Salty Bench: Willingham, Suarez, Pena DL: Owings, Myers NA: Solarte Baez (NA)
SP: Strasburg SP: Price RP: Motte RP: Broxton P: Stroman, Storen, Tazawa, Petricka, Santiago, Kendrick DL:Pineda NA:Meyer
Trades: 1) Taijuan Walker and 5th rounder for Ryu and 4th rounder 2) Heyward, Hosmer, Bailey for Ellsbury 3) Abreu for Harper and Lind 6) Soria, Shelby Miller and round 6 pick for Strasburg and 7th rounder 7)  Ellsbury and 3rd rounder for Springer and 1st rounder 8) Francisco, Allen, 7th rounder for 5th rounder 9) Rosenthal and Ryu for Price

Money league Roto
C- Carlos Sant 1B) Abreu 2b) Altuve 3b) E5 SS) Rollins OF- McCutch, Jones, Harper Util- Gardner, Cron Bench: NA: Bryant SPs:  Strasburg, Verlander, Ventura, Hudson, Samardzija, Duffy, Cain, Lester, Walker, Stroman RPs:  Reed Doolittle Papelbon Trades: 1) Joey Bats and Panda for E5 and Werth 2) Morse for RA Dickey 3) Soria for Garza 4) Braun and Mesoraco for McCutch and McCann 5) Werth for Homer Bailey and Gardner 6) Cain for Kemp 7) Hill for Samardzija 8)  Melky, Hosmer, Sale for Strasberg and JUp 9) Garza and Miller for Verlander 10) Balfour for LaRoche 11) Bourn for Soriano 12) Kemp for Lester and Cain 13) JUp, LaRoche, Chisenballs for Adam Jones

#8 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostSuikoden, on 09 December 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

I proudly kept saying Danario. In one thread it was 99% some other guy over Danario.  /popcorn.

Danario if healthy is a top 10.

It was close between the 2...but I should've gone with my gut. I have no reason to complain.

DX has been a stud though, not sure why I gave into the peer pressure. He'll be in my lineup for sure next week (as long as I make it)

Edited by UVA_Drew, 09 December 2012 - 02:36 PM.

10 Team Auction Draft: OBP & SLG league (dominated the draft, traded for Tulo, currently 83-32-15, 18.5 games ahead of 2nd place)

C:   Wilin Rosario
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Jose Altuve
3B: Todd Frazier
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
CI: Adrian Gonzalez
MI: Jean Segura
OF: Jay, Bruce, Shin-Soo Choo, Justin Upton, Jose Bautista
Util: Josh Willingham
Bench: Jon Singleton, Cole Calhoun, Danny Santana
DL: Mark Trumbo

SP: Max Scherzer, Chris Sale, Anibal Sanchez, Homer Bailey, Jon Lester, Scott Kazmir, Dallas Keuchel, Josh Beckett
RP: Sean Doolittle, Jason Grilli, Ernesto Frieri, Cody Allen

#9 CRS92

CRS92

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Why oh why did I sit DX? This kind of decision making is why I'm playing for the consolation championship and not the league title.

#10 egomaniac247

egomaniac247

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Uh oh Ronnie Brown limps off the field in the red zone....might we see a Ryan Matthews touch down????

Probably Jackie Battle knowing my luck.

Actually, a nice run on 2nd down there.....please don't bring in Battle.

#11 egomaniac247

egomaniac247

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

So I have Ryan Matthews and DX playing....and Rivers throws to Floyd.

Malcolm Floyd, you are the ultimate troll.

Edited by egomaniac247, 09 December 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#12 atdharris

atdharris

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

I bench Rivers for the first time all season for being awful and he's having a great game, ofcourse. And Big Ben has been worthless.
10 man, 2 QB league: 7-5 3rd out of 10th place

QB1: Philip Rivers
QB2: Colin Kaepernick
WR1: Brandon Marshall
WR2: Pierre Garcon
WR3: DeSean Jackson
RB1: Knoshown Moreno
RB2: Le'Veon Bell
TE: Ron Gronkowski
FLEX: Ben Tate
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Miami

BN: Mike Glennon
BN: Darren McFadden
BN: Michael Floyd
BN: KC D/St
BN: Shane Vereen
BN: Percy Harvin

#13 Puk3s

Puk3s

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

The Steelers special teams has been god aweful this game I swear nearly every drive has started inside the 20 yard line... Rainey keeps taking it out of the end zone and getting tackled at the 10 on kickoffs...
Owner of: www.analyzefantasyfootball.com
10 Team ESPN Standard Scoring League (2 Flex's and 2 extra bench slots)
QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Jamaal Charles, Andre Ellington, Rashard Mendenhall, Pierre Thomas, David Wilson, Joseph Randle
WR: Victor Cruz, DeSean Jackson, Danny Amendola, Miles Austin, Steve Smith, Emmanuel Sanders, Kenbrell Thompkins, Golden Tate, Marlon Brown
TE: Martellus Bennett
Def: Miami (streaming)
K: Mason Crosby

#14 Stingarov

Stingarov

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Good work Ben.

#15 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Ben shouldn't have played in this game. He's not helping the team. It's like last year when he decided to play against the 49ers and the Steelers got blown out. Batch was doing fine. Let him go until he is healthy. Ben's gotta realize that if he isn't healthy, he's no good to his team.
Bring back Ray!

#16 Stingarov

Stingarov

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Ben is arguably the worst QB in terms of performance differential when coming back from an injury first game. And he proved it again today. Awful.

#17 Deckard Pain

Deckard Pain

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Beautiful TD to Wallace

#18 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

tony brown? dude... cmon.
12 Team H2H Categories. Play two teams per week. Three keepers.
Avg, OPS, HR, RBI, R, SB * W, K, ERA, WHIP, Sv

C/ Santana
IB/ Pujols
3B/ Plouffe
CI/ Craig
2B/ Lowrie
SS/ Simmons
MI/ Wong
4 OF/ Rios, Bautista, Cespedes, Leonys
Utl/ Heyward
SP/ Felix, Teheran, Sale,
Archer, Latos
RP/ Ross, Richards
, Martinez, Stroman
BN/ Cron
DL/ Everth, Encarnacion

Championships: 3 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#19 egomaniac247

egomaniac247

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

LOL Norv Turner fist bumps his Special Teams Coord after the fake punt....

#20 egomaniac247

egomaniac247

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

I can't complain about Ryan Matthews usage today.

20 carries going into a full 4th quarter....make it 21.....and he can't break 3 yards per carry