Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Dynasty: Matt Adams v. Jean Segura

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Uncas

Uncas

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Who would you rather have?  I have Segura and thinking about acquiring Adams.  They were ranked side-by-side in Kevin Goldstein's preseason top 101, and both had very good minor league years and poor performances in MLB in limited time.

#2 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,210 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

Given that they are both unknowns on top of the depth at 1B and the lack of depth for MIs, I'd go with Segura.
You're television incarnate, Diana: Indifferent to suffering; insensitive to joy. All of life is reduced to the common rubble of banality. War, murder, death are all the same to you as bottles of beer. And the daily business of life is a corrupt comedy. You even shatter the sensations of time and space into split seconds and instant replays. You're madness, Diana. Virulent madness. And everything you touch dies with you. But not me. Not as long as I can feel pleasure, and pain... and love.

#3 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

I like Segura's potential, especially if he moves up in the order. Adams looked shaky last year and will have to be traded to get any value. There is just no room for him in St. Louis, while Segura basically has a full time role locked up.
Bring back Ray!

RotoJunction.com

#4 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Segura for sure, and I say this as someone who has Matt Adams' rights.  Segura has a job and should get you a pretty good baseline of production you can predict, Adams is more of a mystery.  That said, this is the exact type of situation where they guy will explode for 31 bombs and we all will be eating crow.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#5 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

love Segura long term.  high average hitter with gap power and some speed.  I can see him moving up to the #2 spot if he'll take some walks.

#6 mpbaseball22

mpbaseball22

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I like Segura over Adams.
16 Team Dynasty with Milb rosters (15 start limit)
McCatchin Trout
C: Posey
1B: Lind
2B: Kipnis
3B: Alvarez
SS: Hardy
IF: Asdrubal
OF: McCutchen, Trout, Khris Davis, Beltran
U: Butler, Moustakas, Gattis
Bench: Chris Young, Duda, Dietrich, Ruf, Colabello

SP: Gio, Zimmerman, McCarthy, Holland, M. Gonzalez, , Kazmir, Deduno, Morton, Straily, Detwiler, Hutchison
RP: Melancon, Pestano, Bailey, Frieri, Doolittle, Bell, Holland, Cecil, Rosenthal, Juan Carlos Oviedo, Evan Meek

Notable prospects (35 man rosters):
Bundy, Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez, Dahl, CJ Edwards, , McGuire, Heredia, Wittgren, Grossman, Alcantra, Ramos, DJ Davis, Familia, Mike Montgomery, Donnie Joseph, Law, Kevin Franklin, Kieschnick, Brian Ragira, Joan Gregorio, Pat Light, Heathcott, Jacobs, Decker, Adalberto Mejia, Daniel Palka, Keury De La Cruz, Aderlin Rodriguez, Erick Leal, Sam Bragg, Aaron Slegers, Brandon Cumpton, Colabello, Jake Lamb