Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Who is heading to a "Bye" next week?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

It feels so so good.  Six straight wins to finish second and I get to lower my blood pressure and have pure relaxation for one week.  Who else is joining me on this one week of freedom?
20 team keeper H2H (took over the team), standard Yahoo.  Keepers below.  NA's get put into NA slots (5 max)
C:  d'Arnaud 1B: Lind 2B: Miller SS: Forsythe 3B: Manny Machado OF: Stanton OF: Springer OF: Harper
Util: Salty Bench: Willingham, Suarez, Pena DL: Owings, Myers NA: Solarte Baez (NA)
SP: Strasburg SP: Price RP: Motte RP: Broxton P: Stroman, Storen, Tazawa, Petricka, Santiago, Kendrick DL:Pineda NA:Meyer
Trades: 1) Taijuan Walker and 5th rounder for Ryu and 4th rounder 2) Heyward, Hosmer, Bailey for Ellsbury 3) Abreu for Harper and Lind 6) Soria, Shelby Miller and round 6 pick for Strasburg and 7th rounder 7)  Ellsbury and 3rd rounder for Springer and 1st rounder 8) Francisco, Allen, 7th rounder for 5th rounder 9) Rosenthal and Ryu for Price

Money league Roto
C- Carlos Sant 1B) Abreu 2b) Altuve 3b) E5 SS) Rollins OF- McCutch, Jones, Harper Util- Gardner, Cron Bench: NA: Bryant SPs:  Strasburg, Verlander, Ventura, Hudson, Samardzija, Duffy, Cain, Lester, Walker, Stroman RPs:  Reed Doolittle Papelbon Trades: 1) Joey Bats and Panda for E5 and Werth 2) Morse for RA Dickey 3) Soria for Garza 4) Braun and Mesoraco for McCutch and McCann 5) Werth for Homer Bailey and Gardner 6) Cain for Kemp 7) Hill for Samardzija 8)  Melky, Hosmer, Sale for Strasberg and JUp 9) Garza and Miller for Verlander 10) Balfour for LaRoche 11) Bourn for Soriano 12) Kemp for Lester and Cain 13) JUp, LaRoche, Chisenballs for Adam Jones

#2 nb009

nb009

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

I think most playoffs started this week, so most BYE weeks are likely over.

#3 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Oh...bah...sorry...in a private league, and playoffs start next week for us.  Didn't know commish set it differently from public leagues!
20 team keeper H2H (took over the team), standard Yahoo.  Keepers below.  NA's get put into NA slots (5 max)
C:  d'Arnaud 1B: Lind 2B: Miller SS: Forsythe 3B: Manny Machado OF: Stanton OF: Springer OF: Harper
Util: Salty Bench: Willingham, Suarez, Pena DL: Owings, Myers NA: Solarte Baez (NA)
SP: Strasburg SP: Price RP: Motte RP: Broxton P: Stroman, Storen, Tazawa, Petricka, Santiago, Kendrick DL:Pineda NA:Meyer
Trades: 1) Taijuan Walker and 5th rounder for Ryu and 4th rounder 2) Heyward, Hosmer, Bailey for Ellsbury 3) Abreu for Harper and Lind 6) Soria, Shelby Miller and round 6 pick for Strasburg and 7th rounder 7)  Ellsbury and 3rd rounder for Springer and 1st rounder 8) Francisco, Allen, 7th rounder for 5th rounder 9) Rosenthal and Ryu for Price

Money league Roto
C- Carlos Sant 1B) Abreu 2b) Altuve 3b) E5 SS) Rollins OF- McCutch, Jones, Harper Util- Gardner, Cron Bench: NA: Bryant SPs:  Strasburg, Verlander, Ventura, Hudson, Samardzija, Duffy, Cain, Lester, Walker, Stroman RPs:  Reed Doolittle Papelbon Trades: 1) Joey Bats and Panda for E5 and Werth 2) Morse for RA Dickey 3) Soria for Garza 4) Braun and Mesoraco for McCutch and McCann 5) Werth for Homer Bailey and Gardner 6) Cain for Kemp 7) Hill for Samardzija 8)  Melky, Hosmer, Sale for Strasberg and JUp 9) Garza and Miller for Verlander 10) Balfour for LaRoche 11) Bourn for Soriano 12) Kemp for Lester and Cain 13) JUp, LaRoche, Chisenballs for Adam Jones

#4 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,644 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

I'm not playing next week, but it's not a bye. My team just sucked and I didn't make the playoffs. It still kinda counts though.
Bring back Ray!

#5 nb009

nb009

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostSuikoden, on 10 December 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Oh...bah...sorry...in a private league, and playoffs start next week for us.  Didn't know commish set it differently from public leagues!

Yup. I think it's done that way to avoid situations in which a key player sits out (or has a very light workload) Week 17 after their team has already clinched. For instance, if Foster has helped carry you this far, it's possible he could miss your playoff finale if the Texans decide they want to rest him in Week 17.

#6 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Then thank goodness I have players who have to play (even though Detroits playoffs are done, they want to get Megatron that record).

Money league Roto

#7 cowbell204

cowbell204

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Was on bye this past week in my 14-teamer, and of course Charles busts off an 80 yard TD on the first play.

#8 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,676 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

I think your commish is actually the one modifying the playoffs. Traditional playoffs, in every league Ive played in, all private, have been weeks 14-16. Its rare to see a week 15-17 league.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#9 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postdzemens, on 10 December 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

I think your commish is actually the one modifying the playoffs. Traditional playoffs, in every league Ive played in, all private, have been weeks 14-16. Its rare to see a week 15-17 league.

Yeah, figured as much.  Week 1 to 13 ,it was top scoring team gets $10 (got four of the weeks, $20 buy in, so doubled!), and winner of the league gets $100 (no pay off for playoffs obv)

Money league Roto

#10 mjkp64

mjkp64

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Me too. It will be a pain for figure out who will be playing in week 17 if I advance.

#11 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

View Postmjkp64, on 10 December 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

Me too. It will be a pain for figure out who will be playing in week 17 if I advance.

the best thing is we can use this week to determine what lineup to use the following week, because right now if I had to pick, I have no idea Luck or Flacco or Brown and DMC.  So it'll be nice to watch relaxed.

Money league Roto

#12 The Dirtdog

The Dirtdog

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postcowbell204, on 10 December 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

Was on bye this past week in my 14-teamer, and of course Charles busts off an 80 yard TD on the first play.
Me too, had Charles and Peterson go off and led my league in points.  Watch both throw up single digit scores next week and I lose to the lowest seed.  That's fantasy sports for you.

#13 Suikoden

Suikoden

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostThe Dirtdog, on 10 December 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

View Postcowbell204, on 10 December 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

Me too, had Charles and Peterson go off and led my league in points.  Watch both throw up single digit scores next week and I lose to the lowest seed.  That's fantasy sports for you.

Fantasy Football, not sports just football, is 30% skill, 70% luck lol

Money league Roto

#14 Zak0221

Zak0221

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

View Postdzemens, on 10 December 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

well my league is Round #1  Weeks14-15 Round #2 Weeks 16-17, two week head to head matchup which makes things exciting.  I agree week 17 sucks and for like 3 years we moved up the playoffs a week so week 13 was the first week and ended on week 16 however we pushed it back two seasons ago bc there were not many teams resting players like there used to be.  Back in the day you drafted Brady n Manning knowing you were only getting 15 games out of them.

Since we have moved it back to using week 17 nothing has really changed however this year will probably be an exception as it looks like several teams will be resting players or should be week 17 and itll be a waiver scramble again like it was for my first championship matchup back in '07 when I had to choose between Sage Rosenfels and Chris Redman as my QB ( I choose wrong as Redman put up 24 on my bench :/). Though I think its all part of fantasy to be a good owner and prepare yourself if you have a player that may rest, it makes the playoff races themselves more compelling having that extra week of regular season but to each his own, I could understand the Foster owner bitching to hell if they had the #1 team all year then lose the 'ship bc his boy rested, but isnt that what makes this crap so addicting literally anything could happen and I bet that team that beats that juggernaut isnt complaining.

Edited by Zak0221, 10 December 2012 - 08:18 PM.