Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Latino point guards in 2013


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Bkswag

Bkswag

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

I just noticed there are 3 very good latino pg's in the league now, for a while it was only Carlos Arroyos .. Now there's Greivis Vasquez, Ricky Rubio, Jose Calderon and to some extent jj barea, Pablo prigioni  ... Just some fun facts since I'm proud and have 2 on my fantasy team... Lol


PG - Damian Thrillard • Kemba Sky Walker • Michael "The Carter" Willams
SG - Sir Lance-Alot Stevenson • Wesley Big Body Mathews •
SF  - Kawhi "Top 30 in 9 cat" Leanord • Tobias Princess Harris • Trevor Corner 3 Ariza •
PF  - Anthony "The Brow" Davis • Blake "High Griffinition" Griffin
C   - Dwight Superman Howard • Jonas V-Nasty Valanclunis
UTIL - Singler • Harkless


12 team

Poised to win a championship!

#2 ballsohard

ballsohard

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Politically speaking, wouldn't it be Hispanic, not Latino? But back to the point, basketball's popularity in Spain has been high for a while now, and we're beginning to see some products from that.

#3 markdash

markdash

    All-Time Great

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,246 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

I doubt that an Italian and 2 Spaniards would want to be called "latinos."
"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly."
                                                        -G.K. Chesterton

"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all its students."

#4 Bkswag

Bkswag

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postmarkdash, on 12 December 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

I doubt that an Italian and 2 Spaniards would want to be called "latinos."

Who's this Italian you speak of? lol  and I guess ur right the spaniards wouldn't be considered Latino being they are from Europe and not from Latin America ..

Hispanic i guess would be a better word here. But I like the word Latino better because it encompassed more Spanish speaking cultures ...


PG - Damian Thrillard • Kemba Sky Walker • Michael "The Carter" Willams
SG - Sir Lance-Alot Stevenson • Wesley Big Body Mathews •
SF  - Kawhi "Top 30 in 9 cat" Leanord • Tobias Princess Harris • Trevor Corner 3 Ariza •
PF  - Anthony "The Brow" Davis • Blake "High Griffinition" Griffin
C   - Dwight Superman Howard • Jonas V-Nasty Valanclunis
UTIL - Singler • Harkless


12 team

Poised to win a championship!

#5 Bkswag

Bkswag

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

View Postballsohard, on 12 December 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

Politically speaking, wouldn't it be Hispanic, not Latino? But back to the point, basketball's popularity in Spain has been high for a while now, and we're beginning to see some products from that.

Very true...
PG - Damian Thrillard • Kemba Sky Walker • Michael "The Carter" Willams
SG - Sir Lance-Alot Stevenson • Wesley Big Body Mathews •
SF  - Kawhi "Top 30 in 9 cat" Leanord • Tobias Princess Harris • Trevor Corner 3 Ariza •
PF  - Anthony "The Brow" Davis • Blake "High Griffinition" Griffin
C   - Dwight Superman Howard • Jonas V-Nasty Valanclunis
UTIL - Singler • Harkless


12 team

Poised to win a championship!

#6 lbjames6

lbjames6

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostBkswag, on 12 December 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

I just noticed there are 3 very good latino pg's in the league now, for a while it was only Carlos Arroyos .. Now there's Greivis Vasquez, Ricky Rubio, Jose Calderon and to some extent jj barea, Pablo prigioni  ... Just some fun facts since I'm proud and have 2 on my fantasy team... Lol

Vasquez and JJ Barea are the only Latinos. The other 3 have latin descent but are considered Europeans.
Yahoo $$$ 12 Team 5x5 H2H (15-12-3)
Infield - Salvador Perez, Prince Fielder, Aaron Hill, Edwin Encarnacion, Jean Segura
Outfield - Alex Rios, Wil Myers, Khris Davis
Utility - Jose Abreu, Everth Cabrera
Bench - Kole Calhoun (DL), Michael Morse*, Eric Young Jr.*
Starters - Jose Fernandez, Michael Wacha, Danny Salazar, Sonny Gray, Andrew Cashner, Yordano Ventura, James Paxton (DL), Michael Pineda, Jason Vargas*, Nick Martinez*
Relievers - Sergio Santos, Matt Lindstrom*, Francisco Rodriguez*
* - Waiver pickup.....^Trade pickup
Yahoo $$$ 12 Team 5x5 H2H (16-10-4)
Infield - Evan Gattis, Paul Goldschmidt, Jedd Gyorko, Kyle Seager, Ian Desmond
Outfield - Yasiel Puig, Jose Bautista, Wil Myers
Utility - Carlos Beltran, Everth Cabrera
Bench - Justin Morneau
Starters - Gio Gonzalez, Alex Cobb (DL), Andrew Cashner, Alex Wood, Sonny Gray, Zach Wheeler, Chris Tillman, Michael Pineda, Juan Nicasio*, Kyle Gibson*
Relievers - Matt Lindstrom*, Francisco Rodriguez*

#7 Now_I_Know

Now_I_Know

    On the Ballot

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

naah, sergio rodriguez, juan carlos navarro, and rudy fernandez were all rivals with carlos arroyo....leandro barbosa is also technically hispanic.
------------------------------------------
Yahoo! 12-Team H2H Standard Cat League:
------------------------------------------
PG Kyle Lowry...Trey Burke/Jrue Holiday*
SG Stephen Curry...Kobe Bryant*

SF Josh Smith...Gordan Hayward/Tobias Harris
PF Jared Sullinger...John Henson*

C Nikola Vucevic...Andrew Bogut*/Nikola Pekovic*
------------------------------------------
Yahoo! 8-Team H2H FG% FT% 3PM PTS REB AST ST BLK DD League:
------------------------------------------   
PG Deron Williams...Kyle Lowry/Mike Conley*
SG Goran Dragic...Kobe Bryant*
SF Chandler Parson...
Ersan Ilyasova/Kevin Martin*
PF Kevin Love...Serge Ibaka/John Henson*
C Blake Griffin...Jonas Valuncunius/Anderson Varejo*

#8 driss lol

driss lol

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Good thread

#9 blangtang

blangtang

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

how about "mario" chalmers, does he count?

#10 Beakman

Beakman

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Aye chihuahua!

#11 blangtang

blangtang

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

oops, scratch that, Mario Chalmers if from Alaska, lol!

#12 mjk356

mjk356

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

To me, this is the golden age for white point guards.  Kirk Hinrich leading the pack.

#13 FouLLine

FouLLine

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,079 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Postblangtang, on 12 December 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

how about "mario" chalmers, does he count?

Nah with a name like Mario, he must be Italian.

#14 Mcova23

Mcova23

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostFouLLine, on 12 December 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

View Postblangtang, on 12 December 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

how about "mario" chalmers, does he count?

Nah with a name like Mario, he must be Italian.
His real name is Almario Vernard

#15 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Is Jeremy Lin hispanic or latino?
"He's Manu Ginobili."

#16 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostMcova23, on 12 December 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

View PostFouLLine, on 12 December 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

View Postblangtang, on 12 December 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

how about "mario" chalmers, does he count?

Nah with a name like Mario, he must be Italian.
His real name is Almario Vernard

Fun fact: that literally means "the old country" in italian.
"He's Manu Ginobili."

#17 Mcova23

Mcova23

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostSundayKindofLove, on 12 December 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Is Jeremy Lin hispanic or latino?
asian, but Latinos are mixed with  Indigenous/white and, Indigenous people came from Asia

Edited by Mcova23, 12 December 2012 - 06:48 PM.


#18 Knicks2689

Knicks2689

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Pau and Marc Gasol Latinos! Dont forget about Steve Blake... And the guy on the knicks Carmelo from Italy has been killing it

#19 Mcova23

Mcova23

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostSundayKindofLove, on 12 December 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

View PostMcova23, on 12 December 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

View PostFouLLine, on 12 December 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

View Postblangtang, on 12 December 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

how about "mario" chalmers, does he count?

Nah with a name like Mario, he must be Italian.
His real name is Almario Vernard

Fun fact: that literally means "the old country" in italian.

Oh, did not know that

#20 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostMcova23, on 12 December 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

View PostSundayKindofLove, on 12 December 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Is Jeremy Lin hispanic or latino?
asian, but Latinos are mixed with  Indigenous/white and, Indigenous came from Asia

We are all African.
"He's Manu Ginobili."