Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Top Minor Leaguers Who Will Have MLB Impact In 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#1 yort1919

yort1919

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Looking for some of the Top Prospects/Up and Comers.

Edited by The Harsh, 12 December 2012 - 08:31 PM.
Removed AC content - this thread needs to be relevant to everyone.

“Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world.”- Babe Ruth

#2 Halo Fan

Halo Fan

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Are you thinking ones who will be fantasy relevant for 2013?

Hyun-Jin Ryu could be a nice add this season.
"Only boring people find baseball boring." ~ Peter Golenboch

"...the knowledge of the game is usually in inverse proportion to the price of the seats." ~ Bill Veeck

"The last time Willie Mays dropped a pop fly he had a rattle in one hand and a bonnet on his head." ~ Jim Murray

"If my uniform doesn't get dirty, I haven't done anything in the baseball game." ~ Rickey Henderson

"The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back." ~ Steve Garvey

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out." ~ George Brett

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." ~ Rogers Hornsby

"Winning depends on where you put your priorities. It's usually best to put them over the fence." ~ Jason Giambi

#3 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Dylan Bundy - Should be up quickly if the O's have a hole in the rotation. Ace potential.
Wil Myers - If he starts in the minors.
Darin Ruf - "Babe" should be a solid source of power when he comes up.
Oscar Taveras - Great potential. Could eventually take over for Jay in center or will be up if an injury occurs.
Jose Fernandez - Ace potential. Appears to be on the fast track and could find his way up at sometime this year.
Shelby Miller - Apears to be locked into a starting role in the Card rotation.
Billy Hamilton - 70 steal speed. Should find a role eventually.
Travis D'arnaud - Solid prospect. May not make it as quick as people think because of Buck, but he should find his way up this year.
Danny Hultzen - Should thrive in the large confines of Safeco.
Trevor Bauer - He still has solid potential. Only roadblock is his inflated ego that caused Arizona to sour on him.
Jarred Cosart - It will probably be another lost year for Houston, so their prospects should get long looks this year.
Bring back Ray!

#4 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hultzen...Didn't SafeCo shorten the field? Was it enough to make a educated guess that it will affect the pitchers there.
And all the greatest of the heroes
Started jumping from the books
They started wearing ones and zeros
Looking more and more like crooks
They stole the sunlight from the future
Took a sip, drank half the glass then put it back

#5 AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Dylan Bundy - Should be up quickly if the O's have a hole in the rotation. Ace potential.
Wil Myers - If he starts in the minors.
Darin Ruf - "Babe" should be a solid source of power when he comes up.
Oscar Taveras - Great potential. Could eventually take over for Jay in center or will be up if an injury occurs.
Jose Fernandez - Ace potential. Appears to be on the fast track and could find his way up at sometime this year.
Shelby Miller - Apears to be locked into a starting role in the Card rotation.
Billy Hamilton - 70 steal speed. Should find a role eventually.
Travis D'arnaud - Solid prospect. May not make it as quick as people think because of Buck, but he should find his way up this year.
Danny Hultzen - Should thrive in the large confines of Safeco.
Trevor Bauer - He still has solid potential. Only roadblock is his inflated ego that caused Arizona to sour on him.
Jarred Cosart - It will probably be another lost year for Houston, so their prospects should get long looks this year.

Good imput. I would look like you said at the astros players. Definitely keep an eye on Singleton.

#6 yort1919

yort1919

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

What type of numbers can we expect out of Singleton if/when he's in the majors? Also what is his ETA? Is Cosart a legit candidate to get the 9th inning duties in HOU as well?
Merry Xmas
“Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world.”- Babe Ruth

#7 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

What type of numbers can we expect out of Singleton if/when he's in the majors? Also what is his ETA? Is Cosart a legit candidate to get the 9th inning duties in HOU as well?
Merry Xmas

Singleton has decent potential, but I'm not sure where he is going to fit in with that lineup. If he only plays 1B, then that is Pena's spot. If Singleton comes up early, I'd expect around .280, 15 homers, 65 RBI's, 7 steals. The lineup will likely deflate his numbers some because there isn't much talent to knock in.

As for Cosart, if he gets off to a solid start in the minors, he won't be down for long. They have huge holes at the back end of their rotation and also no reliever that has any potential to be a successful closer. Cosart has great potential. I think his likely destination is the closer role at some point this year, but I wouldn't blame the Astros if they give him a shot at the rotation.
Bring back Ray!

#8 PRoSPx

PRoSPx

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Javier Baez kid can rake.

#9 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Here's one of sites I'm using:

http://www.minorleag...-for-every-team

Some are left off due to qualifications for this particular writer, but it's a good starting point.
“There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

“The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” Gen "Mad Dog Mattis

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

"You must first realize the prison of your mind.......before you can escape it". author unknown

My comments and assessments are meant for long term keeper and dynasty leagues, not for redrafts

#10 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

I like lists by team because you can see where there might be opportunities. Many of the top 100 guys simply arent that close and a lot of times are blocked or wont have opps for a while. A couple off the top of my head:

Nolan Arenado 3B COL - yes took major step backward last year, but still in situation where he has upside, will hit in Coors in good line up AND really not impossible task blocking him from job with a good spring.

Do I like Arenado better than say Oscar Tavares as a player? NO, but I look at what stands between each of them and a job and right now I would think Arenado has more 2013 value potentially.

Gary Brown OF Giants - Giants did nothing in their other OF spot opposite Pagan and Pence, he is their top prospect, age is right as he was college guy.
Jedd Gyorko SD - great minor league hitter, if wins 2B job in SD is major find there.

Prospects from Rebuilding teams: Marlins, Astros, Mets
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#11 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Watch out for Walker from Seattle too.
Bring back Ray!

#12 ChrisFarley

ChrisFarley

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

I think Teheran re-establishes himself. Went back to his old delivery in DWL, fastball back into the mid 90s, coupled with a plus changeup. Refine the breaking ball and we have a future impact starter again.

#13 TheWrightStuff

TheWrightStuff

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

I like the discussions here, guys. Hoping this thread picks up as we approach drafts. Thanks for the info. so far!
2013 CHAMP!- Field of Dreams (10 team, H2H, 5x5 [TB/OBP/R/SB/RBI...QS/W/K/ERA/WHIP]-No RP)

2014:
C-C.Santana (1B/3B), S.Vogt (1B/OF)
1B-F.Freeman, A.Craig (OF)
2B-N.Walker, J.Harrison (3B/OF)
3B- M.Machado, C.McGehee (1B)
SS- B.Zobrist (2B/OF), X.Bogaerts(3B)
OF-A.McCutchen, Y.Puig, J.Bautista (1B), S.Pearce (1B), M.Byrd, B.Revere

SP-Y.Darvish, G.Cole, J.Shields, C.Hamels, H.Iwakuma, AJ Burnett, H.Bailey,
J.Lackey,D.Hutchison, J.deGrom, C.Morton, J.Quintana, JA Happ, J.Kelly

N/A: N.Syndergaard

Let's go, Mets!

#14 Oriole Way

Oriole Way

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I think Teheran re-establishes himself. Went back to his old delivery in DWL, fastball back into the mid 90s, coupled with a plus changeup. Refine the breaking ball and we have a future impact starter again.

Why did he ever change his delivery?

#15 imnottheonly

imnottheonly

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Not a top prospect in a traditional sense but if you are looking for someone who could be exceedingly useful at the big league level:

Bruce Rondon- RP DET: With Valverde out of town this guy has an inside track on the closers job in Detroit. If he wins the job could end up a top 5-7 closer as soon as next season. He wont be on top of many prospect lists but the value he can return for you this year is pretty high.
6x6 H2H 12 Team Dynasty (OBP/QS)
2014- League Champion
C- Brian McCann, Evan Gattis
1B- Eric Hosmer , Miguel Cabrera (3B)
2B- Anthony Rendon, Dustin Ackley
SS- Jurickson Profar(DL), Alcides Escobar
3B- Nolan Arenado
OF- Cargo (DL), Alex Gordon, Jason Heyward, Michael Brantley, Marcell Ozuna, Oswaldo Arcia

SP- Cole Hamels , Yordano Ventura, Jordan Zimmerman,Kevin Gausman, Homer Bailey (DL), James Paxton, Zack Wheeler, Alex Wood
RP- Drew Storen, Kenley Jansen,Cody Allen,

Farm Team- Carson Kelly, Maikel Franco, Matt Wisler, Lucas Sims, Raimel Tapia, Franklin Barretto, Nick Williams, J.P. Crawford, Jesse Winker

#16 International Baller

International Baller

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

keep your eye on zack wheeler. he's looking at a call up midseason barring any setbacks.

#17 JOBOOZ0S0

JOBOOZ0S0

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

As the months roll by, MIA RHP Jose Fernandez keeps climbing.
FantasyLeagueGM.com is the ultimate Free Fantasy Football and Baseball Aggregator for Player News, Articles, Strategies, Advice, Sleepers, Rankings, Prospects, and Twitter

#18 PepperPot

PepperPot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

I'm not sure where he would rank on a top 100 list or anything at the moment (I'm behind on my prep for this year already), but I would keep an eye on Michael Zunino from Seattle. With them trading Jaso away and Montero not a viable everyday catcher, he should be up some time this season. I was excited about his chances making an impact before they traded Jaso away, so this just increases it.

Fangraphs also posted an article about him today.

http://www.fangraphs...tzen-mcpherson/
14 Team PPR Dynasty Keeper League

Starters

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Gio Bernard & DeMarco Murray
WR: Randall Cobb, A.J. Green & Julio Jones
TE: Dennis Pitta
DEF: Patriots
K: Adam Vinatieri

Bench

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, Bryce Brown, Devonta Freeman, Fred Jackson, Christine Michael, Lache Seastrunk & C.J. Spiller
WR: Davante Adams, Aaron Dobson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter & Cody Latimer
TE: Kyle Rudolph & Luke Wilson

#19 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

I'm not sure where he would rank on a top 100 list or anything at the moment (I'm behind on my prep for this year already), but I would keep an eye on Michael Zunino from Seattle. With them trading Jaso away and Montero not a viable everyday catcher, he should be up some time this season. I was excited about his chances making an impact before they traded Jaso away, so this just increases it.

He probably should of been the No.1 overall pick last year, Im sure he will climb fast on ranking lists.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#20 Red Sox Nation

Red Sox Nation

On the Ballot

• Moderators
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

He probably should of been the No.1 overall pick last year, Im sure he will climb fast on ranking lists.

I was about to say him.

I'll add another Seattle player- James Paxton. Out of their big 3 pitching prospects, he was the most consistent and productive last year. He's had more minor league experience than the other guys and has dominated double AA each of the past 2 years.