Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Peter Bourjos 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
151 replies to this topic

#1 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Poor Pete. With Hamilton now in town, he looks to be headed to the bench again this year. It may be time for dynasty owners to cut ties with Bourjos. The Angels don't seem to like him very much.
Bring back Ray!

#2 Red Sox Nation

Red Sox Nation

On the Ballot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

I was very prepared to try and steal Bourjos for a low-key bid in my Al-only auction. Maybe Vernon loses playing time but then again unless Trumbo plays 3b more, Bourjos will once again be a back-up.

#3 Blood Brother

Blood Brother

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Bourjos, forever alone
16 team H2H Dynasty league 6x6(R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG / W, S, K's, Hld, ERA, WHIP)

Hitters:
C - Jonathan Lucroy (MIL - C, 1B)
1B - Edwin Encarnacion (Tor - 1B, 3B)
2B - Robinson Cano (Sea - 2B)
3B - Miguel Cabrera (Det - 1B, 3B)
SS - Starlin Castro (ChC - SS)
LF - Carlos Gonzalez (COL - LF)
CF - Corey Dickerson (Col - LF, CF)
RF - George Springer (Hou - CF, RF)
Util - David Wright (NYM - 3B)
BN - Oswaldo Arcia (Min - LF, RF), Jean Segura (Mil - SS), Kole Calhoun (LAA - RF), Jake Lamb (ARI - 3B), Lucas Duda (NYM - 1B, LF)
Pitchers:(5 SP/5 RP)
Starters: Clayton Kershaw, Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, James Shields, Jose Quintana, Jordan Zimmermann, Carlos Martinez, Corey Kluber, Ivan Nova(DL)
Relievers: Craig Kimbrel, Greg Holland, Sean Doolittle, Joe Smith, Shae Simmons
Farm System: Andrew Heaney (MIA - SP), Marco Gonzales(StL - SP), Daniel Norris(TOR - SP), Ronald Guzman(TEX - 1B/OF), Dan Vogelbach(CHC - 1B), Blake Snell(TB - SP), Jose Martinez(Ari - SP), Hunter Dozier(KC - SS/3B), Adalberto Mejia(SF - SP)

#4 RAEF715

RAEF715

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

rueben amaro probably kicking himself for the Ben Revere trade right about now...thought was he liked Bourjos at least as much, and you certainly wouldnt have to give the Angels Both Worley and Trevor May to get Bourjos now you would think...
1 month to the 2013 us open right here at Merion.

#5 TheJRod2006

TheJRod2006

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Too many teams need a CF. Bourjos will be playing elsewhere next season.
Do you really care who is on my team? I have Mike Trout and Arian Foster in keeper leagues in their respective sports.

Twitter: @MrJaredMoore

#6 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

be good on the mets. we have no one in the outfield. yes, no one.

14 Team PPR. One Keeper. All TDs worth six.

QB/ Wilson
RB/ Jamaal
WR/ Edelman
FX/ Wright
FX/ Bradshaw
FX/ McKinnon
TE/ Kelce
DST/ Titans
K/ Parkey
Bn/ Hill, Hunter, Shorts, P Thomas, LaFell

Championships: 4 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#7 Baseball Jonze

Baseball Jonze

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Knobler mentioned Tigs and LAA talked Porcello trade - potentially a Bourjos for Porcello swap.
I don't care who is on your fantasy team.

#8 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Would hope Porcello can bring more then just Bourjos but there is an open LF spot if he came here and played well. His defense and speed could be a real asset but he will have to hit to play and I am not sure he can.

#9 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,952 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Would hope Porcello can bring more then just Bourjos but there is an open LF spot if he came here and played well. His defense and speed could be a real asset but he will have to hit to play and I am not sure he can.

Porcello isnt worth Bourjos, we're talking about a mid to high 4 ERA, 1.4+ WHIP pitcher who cant strike anyone out whos been the same guy for almost 700IP so far. Even if the Angels cant do better than that right now, they sure will be able to in season.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#10 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

The Tigers would be lucky to get Bourjos for Porcello. An at best average pitcher for a high upside speedster who plays tremendous defense. If anything, the Angels should be asking for more than just Porcello.
Bring back Ray!

#11 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Well guys, I think you are way off unless I missed a memo that Bourjos learned how to hit. Career .247 hitter trending in the wrong direction. Porcello is 23 and still has a world of potential. Admittedly he hasn't realized it yet but he wouldn't be the first pitcher to struggle early in his career and figure it out later. But we will see....I like how it was stated as a fact that Bourjos is worth more than Porcello in the previous post but reality is....the tigers and angels will have to decide values. I think it would be hard to argue they aren't comparable values but I prefer the young pitcher who is cheap.

Edited by Rob_P, 15 December 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#12 Blood Brother

Blood Brother

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

He hit just fine when he had a full time gig in 2011. Hit .270 with 49 XBH's. 2010 and 2012 were sporadic AB's. He's only 25 years old so to say he's trending in the wrong direction is a bit farfetched. He's young enough to still improve. Even with that said, if his bat never really does improve and he settles in as a .250 hitter with a .700 OPS, he'll still be a valuable asset because of his D in CF. Him being under team control for 4 more years(I believe) at dirt cheap and that becomes a very enticing option for a team who needs a CFer

Personally, I hope the Halos end up holding on to Bourjos. I want him starting in CF with Trout playing mostly LF. They need to ensure Trout's health for the long term benefit of their organization and a move off of CF will help in that. Plus, that OF defense would just be ridiculous with Trout/Bourjos/Hamilton out there. I want to see that!

Edited by Blood Brother, 16 December 2012 - 07:36 AM.

16 team H2H Dynasty league 6x6(R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG / W, S, K's, Hld, ERA, WHIP)

Hitters:
BN - Oswaldo Arcia (Min - LF, RF), Jean Segura (Mil - SS), Kole Calhoun (LAA - RF), Jake Lamb (ARI - 3B), Lucas Duda (NYM - 1B, LF)
Starters: Clayton Kershaw, Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, James Shields, Jose Quintana, Jordan Zimmermann, Carlos Martinez, Corey Kluber, Ivan Nova(DL)
Farm System: Andrew Heaney (MIA - SP), Marco Gonzales(StL - SP), Daniel Norris(TOR - SP), Ronald Guzman(TEX - 1B/OF), Dan Vogelbach(CHC - 1B), Blake Snell(TB - SP), Jose Martinez(Ari - SP), Hunter Dozier(KC - SS/3B), Adalberto Mejia(SF - SP)

#13 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,952 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Well guys, I think you are way off unless I missed a memo that Bourjos learned how to hit. Career .247 hitter trending in the wrong direction. Porcello is 23 and still has a world of potential. Admittedly he hasn't realized it yet but he wouldn't be the first pitcher to struggle early in his career and figure it out later. But we will see....I like how it was stated as a fact that Bourjos is worth more than Porcello in the previous post but reality is....the tigers and angels will have to decide values. I think it would be hard to argue they aren't comparable values but I prefer the young pitcher who is cheap.

Lets be honest, the same can be said of Bourjos, hes shown he can be a serviceable bat at the MLB level when given consistent at bats as the poster above alluded to. Both players still posses a great deal of potential, the difference to me is that Bourjos is already a high level base stealer and a top tier defensive center fielder who has shown over a full season he can be a .270 hitter. Porcello is not above average in any facet of his game Ive seen almost every one of his starts and there are few and far between you come away feeling good about him and this has been the case over almost 700 big league innings.

Also, do I really need to start stating stuff is an opinion every time I post? Everything on here is opinion, this argument is no different. Of course the Tigers and Angels decide value, that goes without saying, it goes without saying in any trade.

#14 motown magic

motown magic

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

I agree . Porcello is overrated by Tiger fans. he had that one decent year when he won 14 games. He makes a serviable # 4 or # 5 starter but thats his top. The AL Era I believe is about 4.50 so he's about average. He would be a better NL pitcher having the pitcher to face a couple of times a game. But in his defense the Tigers defense isn't good and he's a ground ball pitcher. Like said before he is NOT a strike out pitcher. If the Tigers could get this deal done they would be the winners. IMO.

#15 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Did I miss a memo that Porcello learned to pitch? He's not a K pitcher and had one barely average year back in 2009. He's not that great. While he does have upside, the Tigers would be getting a steal if they can get Bourjos for him.

Also, Bourjos is not trending int he wrong direction. Bourjos only got regular AB's once in his career, and hit .270 with 12 homers and 20 steals. You can't judge him on his other years because it is hard to be successful when you are getting sporadic AB's. You need to get regular Ab's to get comfortable at the plate, and Bourjos hasn't had that outside of one year.

If anything, Porcello is trending in the wrong direction, as his stats have gotten progressively worse over the last 4 years.
Bring back Ray!

#16 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Porcello is what he is at this point. Waiting for him to blossom is like waiting for Gordon Beckham to blossom. Will he have a good year every now and again? Sure. I think his destiny is #4/#5 SP but someone who can eat innings. I think Edwin Jackson when I see that...which is fine, but bourjos has a bit more value in my book.
All-Icon Team:
C- Carlton Fisk
1B- Frank Thomas
2B- Ryne Sandberg
SS- Ozzie Smith
3B- Wade Boggs
CF- Rickey
LF- Kirk Gibson
RF- Chili Davis
DH- Eddie Murray

SP- Nolan Ryan
SP- Orel Herschiser
SP- Greg Maddux
SP- Roger Clemens
SP- BlackJack McDowell

RP- Eck

#17 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,952 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

I agree . Porcello is overrated by Tiger fans. he had that one decent year when he won 14 games. He makes a serviable # 4 or # 5 starter but thats his top. The AL Era I believe is about 4.50 so he's about average. He would be a better NL pitcher having the pitcher to face a couple of times a game. But in his defense the Tigers defense isn't good and he's a ground ball pitcher. Like said before he is NOT a strike out pitcher. If the Tigers could get this deal done they would be the winners. IMO.

Fister does fine and by the metrics, the OF defense is far worse than the IF.

#18 jsp2014

jsp2014

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,636 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Porcello is what he is at this point. Waiting for him to blossom is like waiting for Gordon Beckham to blossom. Will he have a good year every now and again? Sure. I think his destiny is #4/#5 SP but someone who can eat innings. I think Edwin Jackson when I see that...which is fine, but bourjos has a bit more value in my book.

I agree, plus Bourjos has less service time. I don't think the Angels need to make desperate moves like that right now.
I will never draft Francisco Liriano ever again.

#19 Blood Brother

Blood Brother

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Bourjos back in the saddle again. Looks like he's going to be penciled in as the everyday CFer this season

Hitters:

#20 TrueShoe

TrueShoe

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Bourjos back in the saddle again. Looks like he's going to be penciled in as the everyday CFer this season

Cheap steals... should score a bunch too.
Gearing up for baseball.