Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

TNF: 12.13.12 -- Philadelphia Eagles @ Cincinnati Bengals Game ThreadAndy Reid's Last Stand?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
859 replies to this topic

#841 Zak0221

Zak0221

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

View Postnb009, on 14 December 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

View PostLuSamSiam, on 14 December 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

View PostZak0221, on 13 December 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

ESPN still not showing that BLOCK, what about other websites?  did ESPN ever have it in there and taken away?

Cinci D was credited with a blocked kick in Yahoo. Didn't watch the game. Were there 2 blocked kicks or is that the one?

There was one "blocked" kick. I put it in quotations because the kick was blocked by an Eagle who was pushed into the kicker by a Bengal. ESPN (and possibly other leagues) have not rewarded Cincy with the block. The Bengals recovered the ball. I think it should count as something for the DST, since they made a play, but you never know sometimes with statistics.

Yea im not too worried about it bc the ball was picked up and advanced by the Cincy DST so it had to be a fumble or a block kick, bc Cincy cant pick up the ball and advance it otherwise

#842 LuSamSiam

LuSamSiam

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

ESPN still not showing that BLOCK, what about other websites?  did ESPN ever have it in there and taken away?

Cinci D was credited with a blocked kick in Yahoo. Didn't watch the game. Were there 2 blocked kicks or is that the one?

There was one "blocked" kick. I put it in quotations because the kick was blocked by an Eagle who was pushed into the kicker by a Bengal. ESPN (and possibly other leagues) have not rewarded Cincy with the block. The Bengals recovered the ball. I think it should count as something for the DST, since they made a play, but you never know sometimes with statistics.

I see. Well in Yahoo they were credited with 1 sack, 1 interception, 4 fumble recoveries, 1 defensive touchdown and 1 blocked kick.
14 Team 12-Cat H2H

PG: Kyrie Irving, DJ Augustin, Kendall Marshall
SG: Bradley Beal, Victor Oladipo, Kent Bazemore
SF: Tobias Harris, Wilson Chandler
PF: Anthony Davis, LaMarcus Aldridge, Terrence Jones, Ryan Kelly
C: Spencer Hawes, Greg Monroe, Andrew Bynum

#843 jeremyt7

jeremyt7

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

i'm thinking it'll be changed on nfl.com they even have a video named "Gillberry td off Brown fumble"

http://www.nfl.com/v...ff-Brown-fumble

link to fumble.

#844 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Thank you Mr. Green for that late TD.   Saved your fantasy value for me and gave me the lead after the Thursday game.  My AJ v his B. Brown/Maclin.  Off to a good start but a lot to go.

#845 nb009

nb009

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostZak0221, on 14 December 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

Yea im not too worried about it bc the ball was picked up and advanced by the Cincy DST so it had to be a fumble or a block kick, bc Cincy cant pick up the ball and advance it otherwise

I hear you. But it's also possible they could just count it as a punt return, no? You can advance those.

Personally, I agree that it's a block. NFL.com has this in the play-by-play as well...

"(9:59) 1-M.McBriar punt is BLOCKED, Center-46-J.Dorenbos, RECOVERED by CIN-34-D.Herron at PHI 14. 34-D.Herron ran ob at PHI 11 for 3 yards (83-M.McNutt)."

#846 tbonuss

tbonuss

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

View Postnb009, on 14 December 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

I hear you. But it's also possible they could just count it as a punt return, no? You can advance those.

Personally, I agree that it's a block. NFL.com has this in the play-by-play as well...

"(9:59) 1-M.McBriar punt is BLOCKED, Center-46-J.Dorenbos, RECOVERED by CIN-34-D.Herron at PHI 14. 34-D.Herron ran ob at PHI 11 for 3 yards (83-M.McNutt)."

Can you block a kick without touching it?
Chud Bucket Free Agents
10 Team 1.0 PPR

QB: Phillip Rivers
RB1: Jamaal Charles
RB2: Frank Gore
RB/WR/TE: Knowshon Moreno
WR1: Antonio Brown
WR2: Josh Gordon
TE: Jordan Cameron
D/ST: Who are the "Chefs"
K: Justin Tucker

Bench:
DEF: CIN
RB: Andre Brown / Le'Veon Bell / Montee Ball / Joique Bell
WR: Keenan Allen / Harry Douglas

#847 Zak0221

Zak0221

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Posttbonuss, on 14 December 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

View Postnb009, on 14 December 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

Can you block a kick without touching it?

well it was touched by a eagle bc a bengal pushed him... the kick was obstructed or blocked by a body part of a player and the kick went backwards... i dont think it matters who actually touches it initally at the point of the punt... the bengals caused a punt to b deflected n go backwards... thats a block

#848 fitz22415

fitz22415

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

My guess is it will be corrected, but who knows...

#849 nb009

nb009

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Looks like ESPN just counted the blocked punt. Yippeeeeee!!

Now all I need from them is to take away 3 points for that Bryce Brown fumble/6 yard loss...

Edited by nb009, 14 December 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#850 nb009

nb009

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

View Postnb009, on 14 December 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Now all I need from them is to take away 3 points for that Bryce Brown fumble/6 yard loss...

Wow, looks like they JUST reverted back to this as well. Very strange, considering NFL.com still credits Foles with the fumble.

#851 Zak0221

Zak0221

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

View Postnb009, on 14 December 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Wow, looks like they JUST reverted back to this as well. Very strange, considering NFL.com still credits Foles with the fumble.

wow i have bengals d n opponent has brown... they cant change this for third time can they?? both these corrects r like a 6 pt swing

#852 Whoopie!

Whoopie!

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostZak0221, on 14 December 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

wow i have bengals d n opponent has brown... they cant change this for third time can they?? both these corrects r like a 6 pt swing

I dont think u can complain either way if u started Cinci and going against Brown.  You hit the jackpot fumble or not last night.

#853 nb009

nb009

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostWhoopie!, on 14 December 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

View PostZak0221, on 14 December 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

I dont think u can complain either way if u started Cinci and going against Brown.  You hit the jackpot fumble or not last night.

No one's complaining, but 23 to 1 looks a whole lot better than 23 to 4 heading into the weekend!! Every point counts :)

#854 Zak0221

Zak0221

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

All the boxscores still have Foles with the fumble, but ESPN stat tracker has Brown with the fumble which it had initially then was changed to Foles and now back to Brown.  Now the stat tracker/fantasy boxscores are direct feeds from the Scores and Stats bureau so I am not sure if the website boxscores will ever update and change to reflect alterations in scoring and stuff...initially when its a bad handoff its given to the QB which explains why it was given to Foles, but tape must have been reviewed and those who are in charge must have agreed that Brown had the handoff well enough that his 'rush' had started thus the fumble became his....

I have no idea about other examples where something like this has changed 3 times, twice during game ( pretty normal) but then the next morning right after... does Yahoo or CBS Fantasy boxscores have Brown as a fumble now too?

#855 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

While it's not the worst thing in the world it was kind of disheartening to go to sleep up 17.4-13.8 and then wake up to leading 17.4-15.6

#856 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostZak0221, on 14 December 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

All the boxscores still have Foles with the fumble, but ESPN stat tracker has Brown with the fumble which it had initially then was changed to Foles and now back to Brown.  Now the stat tracker/fantasy boxscores are direct feeds from the Scores and Stats bureau so I am not sure if the website boxscores will ever update and change to reflect alterations in scoring and stuff...initially when its a bad handoff its given to the QB which explains why it was given to Foles, but tape must have been reviewed and those who are in charge must have agreed that Brown had the handoff well enough that his 'rush' had started thus the fumble became his....

I have no idea about other examples where something like this has changed 3 times, twice during game ( pretty normal) but then the next morning right after... does Yahoo or CBS Fantasy boxscores have Brown as a fumble now too?

As of right now Yahoo does not have Brown fumbling.  Would love for it to come back though.

#857 Whoopie!

Whoopie!

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

That will not be a Brown fumble.  He at no point had possession of the ball.  That play is NEVER ruled against the runner.

#858 Whoopie!

Whoopie!

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

In order to fumble the ball, u need to have possession first.

#859 That's my quarterback!

That's my quarterback!

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

2:35. doesn't look like he ever has the ball.
http://www.nfl.com/g...ights&tab=recap
12 Team Keeper PPR:

QB- Brees (Hasselbeck)
WR- Wayne, Owens (A. Bryant, Holt)
RB- Bush, SJAX (K.Smith, P. Thomas)
TE- Cooley (Shockey)
K- Folk
DEF- Baltimore

#860 tbonuss

tbonuss

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostThat, on 14 December 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

2:35. doesn't look like he ever has the ball.
http://www.nfl.com/g...ights&tab=recap

Wow. You are right. He never had possession.  I thought they weren't going to call it a fumble because of some arcane stats rule.  But he really never had possession.
Chud Bucket Free Agents
10 Team 1.0 PPR

QB: Phillip Rivers
RB1: Jamaal Charles
RB2: Frank Gore
RB/WR/TE: Knowshon Moreno
WR1: Antonio Brown
WR2: Josh Gordon
TE: Jordan Cameron
D/ST: Who are the "Chefs"
K: Justin Tucker

Bench: