Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Trade Talk & Rumors Thread 2012-2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 pdnbsafbce

pdnbsafbce

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Now that it's December 15, players that recently signed contracts are allowed to be traded now. There's probably going to be an increase in rumors about players getting shipped from now on until the deadline Feb. 21. Let's use this thread for discussion of trade rumors.

Some rumors we've heard are:
Calderon & Bargnani - Calderon is an expiring contract and no Raps fan like Bargnani, but seems unlikely for now due to Lowry and Bargnani's injuries.
Pau Gasol - Might possibly be shipped if Lakers troubles continue, but seems unlikely until Nash comes back
Derrick Williams - Timberwolves have been looking to shop him for a while now.
Marcin Gortat - Growi ng distaste and frustration with Sun's coach Alvin Gentry
Anderson Varejao - Many league GM's are increasing interest with what he's doing this season, whether the he is in the Cav's plans are unknown.

Team/Players that might be potentially traded (In my opinion):
Tyreke Evans - Becoming a RFA and seems like he is not in the King's long term plans, might ship him out looking for value in return.

Eric Gordon - Hasn't played a lick in forever, obviously was upset with Hornet's matching Suns contract. Might be possible to see him being shipped out for someone who actually plays.

Bucks Frontcourt - Bucks are jam logged with players like Gooden, Udoh, Dalembert (expiring), Dunleavy (expiring), Tobias Harris. In my opinion guys that are most likely to stay are Sanders, Ilyasova, and LRMAM.

Jazz Frontcourt - Jazz have been developing Favors and Kanter and both have shown to produce within the time that they have. Main discussion is who goes between Millsap and Jefferson, both expiring. Seems like a toss up with Jefferson getting a slight edge since he's a solid C who's going to be expensive to keep.

Philly - Lack scoring off the bench which Dorrell Wright and Nick Young haven't been producing. Could be looking for a solid backup scoring G behind Jrue.

Denver - For a run and gun team, they are shooting terribly from 3. Ranked 25th in team 3PT% at .334 they could possibly ship out players like Mozgov, Corey Brewer, Anthony Randolph (all expiring), or Wilson Chandler for a solid 3-ball shooter. Perhaps shooters like (Redick, Morrow, Korver, Foye)

Anyways, discuss away!

Edited by pdnbsafbce, 15 December 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#2 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

While the Bucks frontcourt is due for a shake-up, so is their backcourt. They extended neither Jennings or Ellis, so you have to wonder which one is going to be traded.

In addition, Josh Smith is also a good candidate to be traded. Not only does he want out, but ATL is in complete rebuild mode and has been shopping him as well. When there's mutual interest, a deal is probably going to get done.

#3 Assasinn3

Assasinn3

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

While the Bucks frontcourt is due for a shake-up, so is their backcourt. They extended neither Jennings or Ellis, so you have to wonder which one is going to be traded.

In addition, Josh Smith is also a good candidate to be traded. Not only does he want out, but ATL is in complete rebuild mode and has been shopping him as well. When there's mutual interest, a deal is probably going to get done.

What? Lol... he resigned there, with intentions of staying... and they are 3rd place in the east? Where are you getting this info. from...

#4 taenggg

taenggg

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

complete rebuild mode when they are 14-7 and are looking like one of the better teams coming out of the east? Just because he hasn't signed an extension doesn't mean they are trying to shop him around lol
PG: Giannis Antetokounmpo
SG: Giannis Antetokounmpo
G: Giannis Antetokounmpo
SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo
C:Giannis Antetokounmpo
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo
Util: Giannis Antetokounmpo
Bench: Giannis Antetokounmpo

#5 INFRARED 6

INFRARED 6

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

delusional.

#6 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'm sorry, but what part of Danny Ferry coming in, bringing in a ton of new pieces, shipping out Joe Johnson, and actively trading Josh Smith not a sign that ATL is moving a new direction? Sure, they're 14-7, but that doesn't mean they've completely changed identities. Just because you have a good record doesn't mean you're rebuilding. The Hawks have already offered Josh Smith in trades (including one for Pau Gasol, which the Lakers shot down), he's perpetually mentioned in trade rumors, and he definitely has not resigned there yet.

So what I wonder is where you guys are getting your info from, if you're calling me delusional.

#7 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Smith is an UFA after this season. He has indicated that he wants to resign with Atlanta but he has also said in the past that he would like to be traded.

I wouldn't say the Hawks are rebuilding. I would call it more restructuring. They are committed to Horford and Teague. They just wanted to rid themselves of Joe Johnson's horrible contract and Josh Smith has proven that he isn't a player that you can build your franchise around.

Edited by mbroo5880i, 16 December 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#8 pdnbsafbce

pdnbsafbce

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Looks like Gerald Henderson is on the block for the Bobcats.

http://basketball.re...ading_Henderson

#9 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

I'm sorry, but what part of Danny Ferry coming in, bringing in a ton of new pieces, shipping out Joe Johnson, and actively trading Josh Smith not a sign that ATL is moving a new direction? Sure, they're 14-7, but that doesn't mean they've completely changed identities. Just because you have a good record doesn't mean you're rebuilding. The Hawks have already offered Josh Smith in trades (including one for Pau Gasol, which the Lakers shot down), he's perpetually mentioned in trade rumors, and he definitely has not resigned there yet.

So what I wonder is where you guys are getting your info from, if you're calling me delusional.

I thought it was ATL that wanted no part of that trade?

Edited by keep it ONE hunnid, 17 December 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#10 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

I thought it was ATL that wanted no part of that trade?

This kind of stuff is pretty gray and no one can ever be sure, but most reports I've seen have the Lakers rejecting Atlanta's offer, not the other way around.

#11 Jmadtown

Jmadtown

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

People are getting called delusional in the trade 'rumors' thread? Cripes.

I've read multiple Smith trade rumors. On the internet machine.

Edited by Jmadtown, 17 December 2012 - 12:13 AM.

Yahoo 12 Team Football- .5 PPR

Matt Ryan

DeMarco Murray

Lamar Miller

Demaryius Thomas

Keenan Allen

Jordan Cameron

Flex: Terrance Williams

Bench: Kelce, Reuben Randle, Benny Cunningham, Moreno, Ridley-Waivers Pending  :wacko: 

2012 Fantasy Baseball Champion-10 Team-H2H-5x5
2013 Fantasy Basketball Champion 10 Team-H2H-9-Cat
2013 Fantasy Baseball Champion-10 Team-H2H-5x5

2104 Fantasy Baseball Champion-14 Team-H2H-6x6

#12 OldManFerg

OldManFerg

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Ersan to the Nets?

"The Nets are still reportedly interested in acquiring Ersan Ilyasova.
The Nets were linked to Ilyasova in the offseason, but nothing ever came of it. It's hard to imagine there being a fit between the two teams given the construction of the Nets payroll, but Bucks beat writer Gery Woelfel noted that the Bucks might have specific interest in MarShon Brooks and Tyshawn Taylor."

Plz god yes. Get him away from Skiles.

14 Team Standard League:
QB - Nick Foles
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Michael Floyd
RB - Doug Martin
RB - Ryan Mathews
TE - Larry Donnell
Flex - Kelvin Benjamin
Flex - Fred Jackson
Bench - Jordan Reed
Bench - Davante Adams
Bench - Allen Robinson
Bench - Storm Johnson
Bench - Carson Palmer

#13 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Ersan to the Nets?

The Nets were linked to Ilyasova in the offseason, but nothing ever came of it. It's hard to imagine there being a fit between the two teams given the construction of the Nets payroll, but Bucks beat writer Gery Woelfel noted that the Bucks might have specific interest in MarShon Brooks and Tyshawn Taylor."

I'm actually not sure if that'd be that much of an upgrade. The Nets already have a hustle guy in Wallace and with Blatche's surprisingly solid start to the season, I don't see Ilyasova getting that much of a minute boost with that move.

#14 bmoss12

bmoss12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Ersan to the Nets?

I'm actually not sure if that'd be that much of an upgrade. The Nets already have a hustle guy in Wallace and with Blatche's surprisingly solid start to the season, I don't see Ilyasova getting that much of a minute boost with that move.

Ersan is young a dual threat big man, can knock down the 3. In the right system he is like a mini Dirk, I am sure they are still interested, its probably the owner more then anyone too.
12 Team ESPN H2H League

Cam Newton (Car - QB)
LeSean McCoy (PHI - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Greg Jennings (MIN - WR)
Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
Colts (Defense)
Phil Dawson (SF - K)
Seahawks (HC)
Antonio Gates (SD - TE)
Matt Forte (CHI - RB)
Terrance Williams (DAL - WR)
Jordan Cameron (CLE - TE)
Bilal Powell (Jets - RB)

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."
~Mike Tyson

#15 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Ersan is young a dual threat big man, can knock down the 3. In the right system he is like a mini Dirk, I am sure they are still interested, its probably the owner more then anyone too.

I definitely agree with you, and I'm not questioning that the Nets are interested or not. I'm just saying that from a fantasy perspective, owners won't be gaining much moving to an already stacked frontcourt.

#16 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

ersans value would skyrocket on the nets. if a team wants to trade for a 45 million dollar player they are gonna play him. the nets have already shown they dont wanna use blatche at pf. humphires would probably be involved in an ersan trade to match salaries. not to mention skiles loves bigs with no offensive game

#17 pduce242424

pduce242424

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

I definitely agree with you, and I'm not questioning that the Nets are interested or not. I'm just saying that from a fantasy perspective, owners won't be gaining much moving to an already stacked frontcourt.

How mini? I can't imagine Dirk in his prime (or present) struggling for PT on the nets current roster, let alone the Bucs, no matter who's the coach. Dirk was a scoring/rebounding/blk/stl/3pt beast for multiple years prior to his age 25 season in the NBA...If Ersan is a mini Dirk, then Larry is a mini D12 lol.

Anyways, I'm most interested to see where Varejao goes for fantasy purposes. I like OKC, Denver, and Golden State as potential trade partners.

#18 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

How mini? I can't imagine Dirk in his prime (or present) struggling for PT on the nets current roster, let alone the Bucs, no matter who's the coach. Dirk was a scoring/rebounding/blk/stl/3pt beast for multiple years prior to his age 25 season in the NBA...If Ersan is a mini Dirk, then Larry is a mini D12 lol.

Anyways, I'm most interested to see where Varejao goes for fantasy purposes. I like OKC, Denver, and Golden State as potential trade partners.

I think he's talking from a fantasy standpoint, not real life impact standpoint.

#19 Assasinn3

Assasinn3

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Following what the poster above said... What if Utah and Atlanta came to an agreement sending Josh Smith over for either Millsap or Jefferson? That would benefit both teams... Utah gets a SF, defensive stud in Smith, whereas Atlanta gets Millsap who can play alongside Horford, or Jefferson then they can slide Horford to his natural PF position. Can this work?

#20 pdnbsafbce

pdnbsafbce

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Following what the poster above said... What if Utah and Atlanta came to an agreement sending Josh Smith over for either Millsap or Jefferson? That would benefit both teams... Utah gets a SF, defensive stud in Smith, whereas Atlanta gets Millsap who can play alongside Horford, or Jefferson then they can slide Horford to his natural PF position. Can this work?

It could work, but I remember reading that Danny Ferry and Hawks FO are going to try and get him to re-sign, and trading him wont help.