Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

2013 QBs Rankings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
279 replies to this topic

#1 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

I can't imagine taking a QB early next season with this crew of projected starters in the league:

RGIII
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Cam
PManning
Luck
Stafford
Ryan
Kaep
RWilson
Dalton

and of course there will be boring but productive veterans: EManning, Romo, Big Ben & Palmer + next year's potential surprise break-out QB - Locker, Tannehill, Bradford, new AZ starting QB.

Absolutely no reason to take a QB in RD 1-3 or bid big $$$ in your auction.

#2 cowbell204

cowbell204

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

The biggest question for me is how long do you wait on a QB?

Could you get someone like Cam early in the 3rd round?

#3 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

What is going to happen in 10 team leagues? You are going to have some seriously good QBs left over on the waiver wire.

I am going to look for a 14 team, 2 QB league. Its a good time to make the switch
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#4 cowbell204

cowbell204

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

View Postpredator_05, on 17 December 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

What is going to happen in 10 team leagues? You are going to have some seriously good QBs left over on the waiver wire.

What happens is if you end up with two really good QBs, it's nearly impossible to trade one and get back any type of value.

#5 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

View Postcowbell204, on 17 December 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

What happens is if you end up with two really good QBs, it's nearly impossible to trade one and get back any type of value.

This is true. A guy in my league ended up with Brees and RG3, he was literally stuck with both of them and couldn't move RG3 no matter how hard he tried.

These leagues are a joke. I am definitely on the look-out for a bigger league w/ shallow player pool
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#6 sott3

sott3

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

The only danger on waiting for QB is if there is a run. This year we had 5 QBs taken in the first round and another 2-3 in the second. I took Brady in the first, and felt better about that than if I had taken Matt Ryan or Vick in the 2nd round.
But you're right that the addition of Luck and RG3 makes the pool deeper. Put Peyton back in there and there will be a lot of choices next year besides the big 3.
Team A - Yahoo Standard Scoring (4 pts per pass TD)
QB: M.Stafford
RB: E.Lacy, D.Martin, R.Rice, D.Woodhead, M.Ingram
WR: Julio Jones, T.Smith, E.Sanders, E.Decker, J.Hunter, H.Nicks
TE: J.Witten
K; M.Bryant
DST: Cincinnati

Team B - Yahoo Standard Scoring (6 pts per pass TD)
QB: C.Kaepernick, J.Manziel
RB: M.Ball, T.Gerhart, T.Richardson, S.Ridley
WR: D.Bryant, C.Patterson, M.Colston, K.Benjamin, R.Cooper
TE: R.Gronkowski, H.Miller
K: S.Graham
DST: Houston

Follow Me on Twitter @sott3

#7 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

View Postcowbell204, on 17 December 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Cam will be listed as a top 5 QB on nearly every preseason list.  No way he goes after RD 2 in the majority of leagues.  Owners that must have RGIII, Cam, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, PManning are most likely going to take these guys in the 1st 2 RDs.

#8 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

I am going to look for a 14 team, 2 QB league. Its a good time to make the switch

This is taking things to the extreme though because then teams are relying on guys like Skelton/Lindley, Fitzpatrick, Weeden, Ponder, etc. to perform for their team.  Do you really want to be in a league like that?

Some of these QBs will be busts next season, so it will still comes down to drafting the right guys at the right time (like Ryan, Manning, RGIII, Luck, Dalton, Palmer this year).

#9 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

View Postcowbell204, on 17 December 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

I think it depends how your draft goes.   If you have 12 QBs on your board you feel comfortable starting with and 9 are still on the board come the 4th round then you can wait.   If theres only 4 left though then maybe you should consider grabbing one.

#10 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Yup, much deeper this year. I think I'll be waiting again...wonder where Matty Ice will end up.

#11 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Going into next year how many people would you be comfortable with as your QB1 in one qb leagues.  I want to get an idea of how many guys are out there that people can be comfortable starting and see how long I can wait for a QB.  

The starters:

Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Rg3
Peyton
Cam
Ryan

Other possibilities:

Stafford
Kaepernick
Luck
Romo
Eli
R. WIlson
Big Ben
M.Vick
Dalton??
Tebow(if starting)

There are obviously other QBs that could be possibilities that I didn't list so the question is...outside of the obvious who would you be comfortable with as your QB1?  My list here has 17 guys listed although I'm sure some of my possibilites shouldn't be considered QB1s.  Would you add anyone into it? would you take anyone out?  

What's your list.

#12 zusch

zusch

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Romo will be on the cheapest of cheap.

#13 fredth3cat

fredth3cat

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Postzusch, on 23 December 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Same with Vick. I won't be targeting him as more than a backup, but I could see him putting up QB1 numbers on the Bills.

I agree that the first seven guys are the safe QB1s.

I wouldn't really complain if I missed out on those guys and ended up with something like Luck/Vick or Stafford/Romo next year.

Edited by fredth3cat, 23 December 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#14 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

You think? He's only put up a couple of early clunkers and has outplayed his ADP considerably this year, and has avoided his perrenial December bed-crapping. It stands to reason that Dez will only get better. Austin and Witten aren't going anywhere and if anyone in that organization has any sense at all(debatable), they will work to improve the offensive line in the offseason. I tend to think he will be overdrafted.

What do you consider cheap for him?

I think when we start talking draft rounds we should recognize that supply is way up.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#15 bro-lo el cunado

bro-lo el cunado

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

More than 12 QBs, which is why I think it's good to wait for your QB next year. Draft 2 guys and play matchups.
12 Team Standard
QB: Luck // RB: Charles, Ellington, Hill, Davis, Robinson // WR: M. Floyd, T. Smith, Decker, Hopkins, Randle, Stills // TE: Gronkowski, Cameron // DEF: Pats // K: Graham

14 Team .5 PPR
QB: Cam, G. Smith // RB: Stacy, Spiller, Miller, Greene // WR: Calvin, Wayne, Benjamin, Jennings, Stills // TE: Gronkowski, Ertz // DEF: Saints // K: Crosby

#16 DaBearz15

DaBearz15

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

You can wait until really late in the draft and snag 2 QBs and just play match ups with solid production.

Would feel comfortable with Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Cam, RG3, Ryan, Stafford, or Luck any week.

Wouldn't feel too bad about Wilson, Kaepernick, Romo, Eli, Rivers, Vick, Dalton, Roethlisberger with the right matchup.

#17 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Yeah that looks about right, although I think I'd consider Luck a safer QB #1 next year despite the second half swoon.
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#18 zusch

zusch

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostProteus, on 23 December 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

You think? He's only put up a couple of early clunkers and has outplayed his ADP considerably this year, and has avoided his perrenial December bed-crapping. It stands to reason that Dez will only get better. Austin and Witten aren't going anywhere and if anyone in that organization has any sense at all(debatable), they will work to improve the offensive line in the offseason. I tend to think he will be overdrafted.

What do you consider cheap for him?

I think when we start talking draft rounds we should recognize that supply is way up.
Romo is one of those players people always undervalue. I think his ADP goes up from this season, but it will still be low enough to get great value from. I don't think Romo will be grouped in the top10 QBs. After the first 10 QBs go off the board the rest tend to slide to the later rounds. Drafting is situational so for me its tough to say I'd only be willing to get him after X round.

Dalton should also be reasonably cheap b/c of the QB2 slide I mentioned.

#19 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Every year i go with Eli Manning. Solid and afforable, plus its always nice when he throws a touchdown for my Giants
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#20 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

I can see Romo falling into Ryan territory this year.  I saw a lot of drafts where Ryan was going in the seventh round and I can see Romo falling there which would be great value.