Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Greg McElroy 2012 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,949 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Rumor now has Greg McElroy being named the starting QB for this coming week. From being active only one game all season, or was it two? To being named the starting QB. What a disservice to fans and the game of football that he is being forced into a starting roll and that the powers that be are allowed to keep being the powers that be.

Best of luck to him, but I dont see this ending anyway but terrible.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#2 mike9999

mike9999

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Cue up Chargers D/ST for the championship game?

#3 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,949 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

100%, as bad as they have looked the Titans were the worst scoring defense in the NFL (or bottom three) and the Jets made them look great. I really feel bad for McElroy here, its a situation where hes doomed from day one and surrounded by incompetence at WR, TE, OL and the coaching staff. If Sparono ever gets another OC job, I will be shocked.

#4 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 17,835 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Tebow Conspiracy Theorists* 1, Common Sense 0.

*Those who believe Tebow is being held back because if he succeeds, it kills any chance for the FO/coaching staff to survive for 2013...

Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, T. Gerhart, C-Michael, J. McKinnon, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, D. Adams, B. Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#5 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,949 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

*Those who believe Tebow is being held back because if he succeeds, it kills any chance for the FO/coaching staff to survive for 2013...

I dont think they can survive anyway! It does seem to defy logic however, that hes the active backup QB all season but not the actual backup QB.

#6 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 25,886 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

The Jets are such a joke.....McElroy may end up turning into a capable backup QB in time, but it's ridiculous to put him in this situation. Rex doesn't want the heat if Tebow would win these last two games. He would be questioned about his unabated loyalty to Sanchez which tanked their season and his coaching decisions would be brought into more specific scrutiny (FTR, I think he's a fantastic DC, much better than his brother). What a change in fortunes from 2 years ago.....So much of what Tannenbaum and Ryan have tried to do has blown up in their faces. Sanchez starting. Greene starting. The Holmes trade. The Tebow trade. Just disastrous and considering they have to bring back Sanchez (even as a backup), they should probably lose their jobs....
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#7 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

So who's starting him in 3QB leagues?
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#8 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,949 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

The Jets are such a joke.....McElroy may end up turning into a capable backup QB in time, but it's ridiculous to put him in this situation. Rex doesn't want the heat if Tebow would win these last two games. He would be questioned about his unabated loyalty to Sanchez which tanked their season and his coaching decisions would be brought into more specific scrutiny (FTR, I think he's a fantastic DC, much better than his brother). What a change in fortunes from 2 years ago.....So much of what Tannenbaum and Ryan have tried to do has blown up in their faces. Sanchez starting. Greene starting. The Holmes trade. The Tebow trade. Just disastrous and considering they have to bring back Sanchez (even as a backup), they should probably lose their jobs....

Its the only way to save them from themselves.

#9 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,949 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Jets name Greg McElroy QB - big ramifications.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Worst. Organization. Ever. Tons of money tied up in bad QB, traded picks for a guy you dont want. Well played!

#10 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,926 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

I still can't believe this team won 6 games. And they came close to beating the Pats in New England. And how in the world did this team beat the Colts 35-9?
Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#11 rdj3video

rdj3video

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Only in my deep 20 team, 3QB league:-)

#12 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,949 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Only in my deep 20 team, 3QB league:-)

Is it a professional money league?

#13 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,926 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

I picked him up in my 60 team league. :lol:
Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#14 cowbell204

cowbell204

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

He's being held back because if he plays a certain % of snaps this year, it ups the cap hit he costs and the Jets can't afford both him and Sanchez.

Which doesn't make sense as to why they traded for him in the first place.

#15 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 17,835 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

He's being held back because if he plays a certain % of snaps this year, it ups the cap hit he costs and the Jets can't afford both him and Sanchez.

Which doesn't make sense as to why they traded for him in the first place.

http://www.jetnation...ntract-details/

http://nesn.com/2012...last-two-games/

I'd agree with the above statement, but the bonus for snaps is for getting over 55 percent of the snaps in 2012 (1st link).

Tebow has no shot of reaching that # even if he played every down the last 2 games (2nd link). Now, of course, given the 70 percent figure for 2013, perhaps this is some crazy scheme to justify sitting him for 4-5 games, and then breaking him out to get less than 70 percent snaps for 2013 - in which case, the Jets intentionally are flushing the 2013 1H, too....

Again, no rational explanation here... :blink:

Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, T. Gerhart, C-Michael, J. McKinnon, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, D. Adams, B. Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#16 soudeska

soudeska

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

this guy cant be worse than sanchez i mean didn't he save them in that arizona game when sanchez threw 3 ints

#17 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Dont really get what the thread is about. Hes a game managing qb on a horrible offense who wont even put up qb2 numbers. Nothing to see here
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#18 AshesAndLaughter

AshesAndLaughter

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Yes! I have been waiting all year for a McElroy thread. Woohoo!

Wait, no I haven't. Why does this thread exist?

12-team PPR; 1st in points (801.00); 1st in points against (777.9); 3-3...Fantasy Football can be so cruel.
4pt passing TDs
2 Flex Spots and no kicker:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB: Shane Vereen
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Demaryius Thomas
Flex: TY Hilton
Flex: Mike Wallace
TE: Jordan Cameron
Def: Patriots

Bench:

Rashad Jennings, Jerrick McKinnon, Allen Robinson, Larry Donnell, Jonas Gray, Carlos Hyde

#19 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

You would probably be better off with another D on the waiver wire (i.e. Indy) McElroy's redeeming quality is he will be smart with the football. Don't expect a Sanchezesque turnover festival.

#20 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

I still can't believe this team won 6 games. And they came close to beating the Pats in New England. And how in the world did this team beat the Colts 35-9?

The idea that the Jets are awful is somewhat fueled by the media hype surrounding the team. The main culprit in the Jets failure to make the playoffs in the past two years has been Mark Sanchez. He has 24 turnovers this season so far. There are 21 NFL teams that have fewer turnovers than Mark Sanchez. That is remarkable.

The Jets won the Colts game because they didn't let Sanchez throw that often, and he didn't turn the ball over. When the Jets can get a lead and sit on it, they play pretty well. The NE game was close despite two turnovers by Sanchez. If the Jets had just an average game manager type QB they would likely still be in the hunt for the playoffs.

The defense is pretty good. The linebackers are old and slow, but the defensive line has gotten better and the secondary would have been the best in football had Revis stayed healthy.

The organization overall is poorly run, as Dzemens correctly pointed out. But they can play defense pretty well. Part of that is the players, and the other part is Rex Ryan who is a great defensive coordinator but lackluster as a head coach. If Rex had any kind of sense, Sanchez should have been benched weeks ago.

Overall, they're an average team with a good defense, a bad offense, a horrible QB, and injury problems.