415 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,607 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Well, this would be a good start......Need to find a QB and maybe JC would return to elite status....

A "more than reliable source" tells 610 Houston's Nick Wright that Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli have both been told they will be fired at season's end.
Although he's now based in Houston, Wright is a former Kansas City radio host with a history of breaking Chiefs news. Similar to the situation in San Diego, we're unlikely to get official word on Crennel and Pioli's fate until after Week 17, but there's zero reason to believe either will be retained. Pioli has undermined an otherwise promising roster by failing disastrously in his quest to find a quarterback, while Crennel has proven every bit as overmatched as he was in Cleveland. Retaining Crennel after he guided the Chiefs to a 2-1 finish in 2011 could end up a job-killing decision for Pioli. His reported bizarre behind-the-scenes behavior surely did him no favors with owner Clark Hunt, who will be undergoing his second GM search in five years.

"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#2 LukeIV

LukeIV

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Interests:Go Pack Go.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

I would love to see the KC Chiefs learn how to better utilize Dexter McCluster's talents and get him into space.

ESPN $20 13 Team 2QB, 6 pt passing TD "Gronkey Kong Kuntry" (2-0) Wk2 BYE

QB1: Titans QB QB2: Tony Romo
RB1: Darren Sproles RB2: A. Bradshaw RB/WR: Allen Robinson
WR1: Antonio Brown WR2: Brandin Cooks
TE: Rob Gronkowski
LB: Paul Worrilow DL: JJ Watt DB: Morgan Burnett  D/ST: Lions
K: Cody Parkey
BE: Jake Locker, Larry Fitzgerald, Montee Ball, Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde, Josh Gordon, Andre Ellington, Charlie Whitehurst, Peyton Manning

Yahoo $20 12 Team 5pt Passing TD, .2 completion, PPR (0-3)

QB1:Blake Bortles
RB1: Eddie Lacy RB2: Doug Martin WR/RB: Shane Vereen
WR1: Jordy Nelson WR2: Pierre Garcon
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Justin Tucker D/ST: Lions
BE: Khiry Robinson, Andrew Hawkins,  Reggie Wayne, Allen Robinson, Bobby Rainey, Tom Brady

#3 tron34

tron34

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

If this draft is weak at QB, maybe we try to go after Cousins? Seems like a kneejerk reaction but Shanahan called him a steal and had to of picked up a few things from RG3. As long as we take a positive step with the QB and then let the cards fall where they will next year.
  • scienergy likes this
"How bad is it for Larry Fitzgerald that when he finishes pre game, that's the best part of his day?"- Mike Golic

#4 HustleHard

HustleHard

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

anything will be better than this year. Glad its almost over because its killing me to watch my chiefs play every sunday this year.

Wouldn't mind seeing them go after Alex Smith either.
10 team H2H

QB-Luck
RB-JC
RB- Ellington
WR-J. Nelson
WR-C. Patterson
WR-A. Jeffery
TE- GronK
K- Dawson
Def-Baltimore

Bench- Ben Tate, Doug Martin, Kelvin Benjamin, Josh Gordon, Dennis Pitta, James Jones

#5 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,900 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Well, this would be a good start......Need to find a QB and maybe JC would return to elite status....

A "more than reliable source" tells 610 Houston's Nick Wright that Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli have both been told they will be fired at season's end.
Although he's now based in Houston, Wright is a former Kansas City radio host with a history of breaking Chiefs news. Similar to the situation in San Diego, we're unlikely to get official word on Crennel and Pioli's fate until after Week 17, but there's zero reason to believe either will be retained. Pioli has undermined an otherwise promising roster by failing disastrously in his quest to find a quarterback, while Crennel has proven every bit as overmatched as he was in Cleveland. Retaining Crennel after he guided the Chiefs to a 2-1 finish in 2011 could end up a job-killing decision for Pioli. His reported bizarre behind-the-scenes behavior surely did him no favors with owner Clark Hunt, who will be undergoing his second GM search in five years.

This is fantastic news. Pioli had done a terrible job in amassing talent, his draft picks with few exceptions were lackluster (tyson jackson, Dorsey stand out the most). The offensive line is a solid point of the team as is Charles but you have to think Bowe is gone, unless this change to competent leadership (hopefully) can get him back in the fold and get him paid. Crennel, dont know what to say there. Seems like a good guy, solid DC but hes proven twice now that he is in so far over his head he cant even see the sunlight as a head coach. From the lack of effort his team played with almost all season to the inability to ensure his best players get the ball. He responded well in the light of the Belcher murder suicide but that had no bearing on winning football games unfortunately, something hes proven unable to do.

As far as QB I think Smith might be a decent option, hes better than what they have for sure I also would take a Matt Moore or if the price is right on Cousins (it wont be) they could go after him.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#6 tron34

tron34

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

I remember the Jackson pick and thinking "Did we all miss something" but since Pioli was relatively new are it was his first year, i trusted the "plan and Patriot way"
"How bad is it for Larry Fitzgerald that when he finishes pre game, that's the best part of his day?"- Mike Golic

#7 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,900 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

I remember the Jackson pick and thinking "Did we all miss something" but since Pioli was relatively new are it was his first year, i trusted the "plan and Patriot way"

I take back Dorsey, that wasnt his guy.

Even this year the Poe pick was not good Jeff Allen was their second rounder, starts at guard. Poe was a workout warrior that posted great numbers at the combine but had 21.5 TFL and 5.5 sacks in his career, Thats right, his career, not his last year, his career...for those test results his production was abysmal. 2011brought Baldwin at WR whos been a blah player so far, Rodney Hudson, their 2011 second rounder isnt even on t he two deep, Justin Houston from that draft is a starter but a very underwhelming one. 2010 was his solid draft, Eric Berry whos a great player, McCluster who has some promise as a slot WR, Javier Arenas is starting for them John Asamoah starts at RG, and Moeaki had his moments. 2009 was not good, take a look at it, not good at all. So we have one good draft (2010), one incomplete (2012), a terrible 2009 draft and 2011 which could be called mediocre as it didnt provide much of note.

#8 tron34

tron34

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

It's easy to forget, no worries. The difference between when Herm was here and Pioli is comparing the differences between a couple of turds.

#9 zusch

zusch

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

I think the Lions could trade rape the Chiefs by trading Stafford for picks + Berry, etc. KC will be desperate with the upcoming QB class.

#10 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,762 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

I think the Lions could trade rape the Chiefs by trading Stafford for picks + Berry, etc. KC will be desperate with the upcoming QB class.

Why would the Lions want to trade Stafford. He is a young big armed QB that has shown he can succeed in the league. He had a bad year this year but is it too far off the "sophmore slump" This is essentially his second year in the league.

12 team 1 pr PPR Dynatsy League  Starters in bold.

QB: Stafford, Geno Smith

WR: Calvin, Jeffery, Cobb, Quick, James Jones, Santonio Holmes, Martavis Bryant

RB: Charles, Ball, Davis, D. Brown, D. Williams, J. Stewart, L. Murray, Hillman

TE: Cameron, Donnell, Ladarius

#11 zusch

zusch

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Why would the Lions want to trade Stafford. He is a young big armed QB that has shown he can succeed in the league. He had a bad year this year but is it too far off the "sophmore slump" This is essentially his second year in the league.

His mechanics are awful and like you said, its essentially his 2nd year in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting injured again in the near future. Not that Stafford isn't worthy of starting for an NFL team, but Detroit could really get some outrageous value in return for him

#12 tron34

tron34

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

I don't think the Lions would go for that, to early to give up on a potential franchise QB, I say potential because Stafford hasn't proven that he can win consistenly, just put up numbers. He does have shaky mechanics, but scouts raved about his big arm coming out of college which they likened to one of the strongest in recent memory. His arm probably allows plays to be made for Calvin that other QBs wouldn't think of attemping. Stafford puts fannies in the stands too so there's also the business money factor.

#13 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Looks like I'll be gunning for Charles again in drafts next year. I have a #9 and #12 spot in 12-team leagues. Hopefully he drops that far.

The Chiefs will be far improved no matter what they put out there next year. Trading for Stafford is a pipe dream, but good QBs are getting cheaper in drafts these days. If they get a solid QB in the draft they'll be better.
SuperJoint Signature™ available only to RotoWorld Forums Gold Club™ Members

#14 BurgundyBooger

BurgundyBooger

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thing is, the 2013 draft class is weak.

#15 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

I haven't done much of any research on the class, but isn't Geno Smith coming out? The Chiefs must be picking pretty high in each rd - he'd be better than what they've had.

#16 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 20,900 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

I haven't done much of any research on the class, but isn't Geno Smith coming out? The Chiefs must be picking pretty high in each rd - he'd be better than what they've had.

Geno Smith is the product of the offense, just like every other QB whos played under Holgorsen (Graham Harrell, Case Keenum, Zac Robinson) I wouldnt touch him early first

#17 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Geno Smith is the product of the offense, just like every other QB whos played under Holgorsen (Graham Harrell, Case Keenum, Zac Robinson) I wouldnt touch him early first

I'm talking about if he drops to 2nd/3rd though. Agreed not high in the 1st. Must admit I don't have a handle on draft value right now.

#18 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 25,607 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

As far as QB I think Smith might be a decent option, hes better than what they have for sure I also would take a Matt Moore or if the price is right on Cousins (it wont be) they could go after him.

I don't think I would commit much to Smith. I feel he's a product of Harbaugh more than anything else. Unless you hire a offensive/QB guru who specifically wants Smith, I think I'd let him go and turn my attention to other alternatives. What sucks is that there isn't the one guy that stands out. It depends on which direction you want to go, regardless anyone that comes in will most likely be viewed as a bridge unless they can really surprise. You can go after an older vet like Vick, Jason Campbell, or Smith. Or go for a younger guy that could be lightning in a bottle but if he doesn't can transition into a backup role in a couple of years like Flynn, McCoy, Kolb, or gasp, Tebow. Some would be available by trade and the others will probably be released. If they pick an incompetent idiot to be their GM, then a left field guy to watch is Gabbert. His time in Jax may be coming to an end especially if they look at Tebow and he's from the area (HS and college). Not sure if Jax would cut him just yet but maybe a trade for something cheap if they can avoid the cap hit....

If they don't like anyone in college and again, it's a weak QB draft, then I would bring in as many alternatives as I could a create a QB competition. Hell, I may bring in someone like Vince Young to kick the tires. Cheap and he does have a winning record in the NFL. If he sucks, you cut him in TC and nothing lost. If no QB is ready thru the draft like Luck, RGIII or you don't get lucky with a Wilson, then I focus on building my interior lines (both sides) and a stout defense and win with a running game and functional QB until I see that QB I really want in the next 3 years....
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#19 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,079 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

Some Mock Draft experts have Geno going 1 overall to the Chiefs. That could be interesting
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#20 tron34

tron34

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

I don't think we would allow our new GM to bring in Gabbert. Priority 1 and 2 is a QB and I'm sure the new GM is aware of the Blackout game we put on this year with our frustration with the front office and our QB play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users